Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 36

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 26: Very Worstestest Things (Done)  (Read 39761 times)

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 26: Very Worstestest Things (underway)
« Reply #225 on: February 25, 2017, 02:31:15 pm »

Dang. Get better soon alstar. That royally sucks.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 25, 2017, 04:51:25 pm »

...so... pushed 48h.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 27, 2017, 01:55:08 pm »

Bloody lying doctors. I am so sorry, but I'm going to need another 24 hours. After telling me that I'd be able to leave right after my surgery, they suddenly changed their tune to "oh, you need another day of IV antibiotics."

As a side note, I had better be the only one left - I want to play two turns back-to-back as soon as I get home.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 27, 2017, 03:42:55 pm »

I'll push another 24h.

And yes, Tsihor, ignore the extension and git yer turn in!  :P

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 27, 2017, 04:41:24 pm »

Yes, USEC_OFFICER, you better be in a disaster zone of some kind, because Alstar is in the hospital and even they managed to contact the rest of us.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 28, 2017, 02:15:28 pm »

So I can build kelp fortresses, but I don't actually have any recruitment options there. While not absolutely needed, I feel like any amphibian troop/commander choices should be available there.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 28, 2017, 02:44:24 pm »

So I can build kelp fortresses, but I don't actually have any recruitment options there.
oh, yeah! Same here (did it in a solo test game, and was quite disappointed)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 28, 2017, 07:04:47 pm »

That's not getting added until/unless (presumably until) water nation support gets added. The next patch will probably have another brick in the foundation of that particular edifice (merrow, and maaaaaaybe even a Daoine Lir theme for Sidhe nations), even if it will technically be no closer to the underlying engine bits being coded than now.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 28, 2017, 07:17:25 pm »

How do you pick what gets added in? Is it literally just what interests you at that moment, or do you have some kind of roadmap you're working through?

Also, how do you pick what are valid mounts/chariot animals? Do you just go through the [animal] tag?

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 28, 2017, 09:26:30 pm »

There's some poking in the inspector to get ideas, but there's more skimming over sprites... and yes, it's mostly whimsy. I have my old to-do list, but the last several things I've added appeared nowhere on it. Honestly, my normal decision-making process involves rooting around in a sprite dump to find some specific image I can use for a particular purpose, spotting something completely unrelated that would be interesting/ridiculous to add, and dropping everything to go off on a tangent doing that. E.g., a few weeks ago I stumbled across a Wikipedia article on insular dwarfism among extinct pachyderms (don't ask me how or why; I no longer have the slightest idea); NG now has pygmy elephants and mammoths (as well as dwarf elephants) for pygmies, hoburgs, and vaettir.

On the minus side, lack of planning and running on interest rather than structured plans means I've got a bunch of in-progress additions that have never been finished. On the plus side, I've kept adding other things because I'm usually at least reasonably enthusiastic about whatever garbage I'm cobbling together at any given moment, so I've managed to add a lot without burning out on the project.

[That's all in reference to my part in the project, which is mostly just content dev (though coding happens occassionally). The Issues page of the Github repository is probably about as close to the overall project having a roadmap, and that's mostly just a pile of ideas or things one of us thinks should be addressed, maybe, eventually...]
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 09:31:34 pm by E. Albright »

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 01, 2017, 09:25:27 pm »

So unless I'm reading this wrong, was the plan "convince someone to backstab their neighbor so you could make common cause with that neighbor by helping repulse the invasion you yourself were entirely responsible for requesting and instigating"? That's pretty impressively weaselly...

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 02, 2017, 12:56:52 am »

The tenth layer of Machiavellian political theory?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 02, 2017, 02:08:16 am »

The tenth layer of Machiavellian political theory?
I'm fairly sure that's Byzantine Diplomacy 101.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 02, 2017, 04:08:14 am »

If u guyz are at war you should bitch about it in here, I don't have scouting around yet.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 02, 2017, 04:16:53 am »

Well, e albright and mini are attacking me on both sides as aggressors. So knowing E Albright has a situation is a good thing. Not very sure about mini. That's about it.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 36