Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 36

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 26: Very Worstestest Things (Done)  (Read 39822 times)

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 26: Very Worstestest Things (TBD NationGen game)
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2017, 02:18:00 am »

All right. Abominations abound. I haven't looked closely at the mess I've made yet, but it seems like it's good and varied. I've made three mods, one from each era. My preference would be to say "vote on an era and play that", but I'm open to discussing it. If anyone wants to know the precise details of my generation methodology, I can of course share them, but it's pretty much the same as I've done in the past. The sole major difference is that I prepended 1, 2, or 3 to seeds to make sure EA/MA/LA were actually three different nations since the same seed can sometimes yield the same nation across eras, or substantially similar ones. ANYWAY:

[Link removed since it's getting replaced]

The three mods are enclosed therein. Your nations are in the order of names in the first post, so I'm first and AlStar's last. Have a look and decide which looks best, then proceed to publicly question everyone else's judgement. If you want to use the obvious decision-making criteria, I'll save you some time and point out that LA has the most hoburgs...
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 10:13:43 pm by E. Albright »

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2017, 03:07:56 am »

Argh, cost bugs. Um, stand by, I'll have to see about fixing this...

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2017, 04:35:14 am »

After checking the nations, I'd vote for LA, since its the only time where I am not stuck with blood mages and old age mages at the same time, just old age.

Aha the good old Giant-Rider;

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 07:24:32 am by ThtblovesDF »

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2017, 07:27:54 am »

EA Undead Abyssians. Interesting. I persume the supply bonus on some of the units is for the summonable Great lions?
MA Fire and blood is always interesting. And slaves.
LA Nice lightning zapping nation.

My ranking goes EA then LA and last MA.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2017, 08:45:57 am »

Argh, cost bugs. Um, stand by, I'll have to see about fixing this...
I take it that mages aren't meant to all cost 5 then. Depending on how that turns out I'm feeling MA >> EA > LA.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2017, 10:00:33 am »

Huh. Well, I'm definitely not feeling the LA hoburgs - small bows and blowpipes in LA? Ick.

Not loving the mages for MA, but the troops seem like a pretty good mix.

In EA, the only troop that decided to learn how to put on armor is the longbowmen, of course. Mages are expensive, but the paths seem decent. Oh, and they've got longbow sacreds (who, thankfully, decided to ditch the armor, so aren't crazy material expensive) which could be interesting.

So I'd go EA > MA >> LA.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 10:03:39 am by AlStar »

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2017, 11:15:56 am »

I think I'll put my preference down as MA > EA >> LA. Seems about right with what I got?

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2017, 12:17:16 pm »

If we're already getting attached to these nations, I'll go ahead and fix the prices (advanced description costs plus in-game costs, so generally AD cost +5g) rather than re-generating with 0.6.21b. Unless everyone REALLY wants a mulligan. Which I could see since there's some pretty unreasonable nations, but that's gonna happen no matter what unless we mix-and-match nations rather than taking a straight mod. Which is also an option, TBH.

--

Aha the good old Giant-Rider;

Not to make you jealous, but Shadowgandor can one-up you:

« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 12:18:59 pm by E. Albright »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2017, 12:52:31 pm »

Would it be possible to get a mulligan on my MA/LA nations, Tisikos and Ishotssa? I'm fine with playing as Ocoxitlan in the early age, even if Zotz aren't my thing. However I don't want to dump 300~ gold on a mid-range mage vulnerable to banish or mind duel nor do I want my basic troops running around with linen armour and no helmets in LA. So would that be okay or should I just suck it up and deal with it in the spirit of nationgen?

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2017, 10:11:42 pm »

Ugh, executive decision time I guess. All right, we'll re-make nations with 0.6.22, which will hopefully be relatively bug-free, or at least look relatively bug-free until 0.6.23 comes out rather than following 0.6.21's lead and exploding like a termite mound immediately upon release. So, um, stand by; I'm gonna trudge off, finish Nephil heroes in an hour or three (I hope), and push out 0.6.22, to be followed by another set of sets of nations.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2017, 11:10:52 pm »

Yeah alright. Cosmic mulligan is fine with me. Might have to revote on the age as that happens but whatever. Good luck.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2017, 04:53:07 am »

...well, I think I can safely say that the new version plus negated seeds managed to make the batches even more vulgar than the last ones, so... yay?

https://github.com/elmokki/nationgen/releases/tag/0.6.21c
https://mega.nz/#!adNi1CLY!gXJDqsLE95PjZjIGBsbCLbEDxW1iaPCegawwweZKBko

Same order as before. Yadda yadda, look at nations, discuss, vote on the poll, etc. Oh. And when voting, do consider other people's nations as well as your own. There's some ugly stuff in there...
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 05:05:10 am by E. Albright »

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2017, 10:12:39 am »

I'll definitely want to test them out in-game to see if/how well monkeys and abysian troops play together - it looks like all my troops have minor fire resistance, so at least they won't be setting each other on fire - but movement speed/building costs will need looking at. The blood/astral combo opens up some interesting choices... if the nation can survive long enough to get off the ground.

MA has some interesting possibilities if it can get into the water. Troops in plate mail with hide shields is a little eccentric, but I'll take it. Lots of variety in magic paths, but nothing amazing there.

LA has basically all my commanders (including my scout, which is nice) flying, while keeping human troops to do the actual work, which seems like a good mix. Priests all the way up to 3H. I have yet to find a good strategy for Nature-heavy casters, although we've got astral as a random pick, so there's communion possibilities.

Honestly, all of these seem fine. If I had to rank them, I'd probably go LA > EA > MA.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2017, 10:31:58 am »

Looks like a good seed, voted for MA. Plenty of Underwater access in some of those fellas, so thats nice.

Also Giants riding horses look kinda silly, I love it.

LA has the Guards of Death, murder-bots

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2017, 11:50:44 am »

Checking before I assume. We are picking one of these first, then drafting specific nations?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 36