Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 36

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 26: Very Worstestest Things (Done)  (Read 39753 times)

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 26: Very Worstestest Things (sub found)
« Reply #330 on: March 24, 2017, 01:50:52 pm »

Sorry guys, I'll make sure not to stale again

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 24, 2017, 02:37:59 pm »

I have no idea how I staled. In fact, I was pretty sure I got my turn in. This just leaves me a bit confused, but it could be I accidentally sent in Round 25's turn in twice and never noticed it.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: March 24, 2017, 02:44:17 pm »

I've got fire gems that are currently sitting unused in my treasury - willing to trade 1:1 for death gems or 1:2 for water gems (still a steal at the 1:4 converting them by hand gets you!)

edit: Hmm... alternatively, what's the buy-in cost for getting level 1 in a magic? 60 gems? I wonder...
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 03:09:47 pm by AlStar »

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 24, 2017, 05:20:35 pm »

50 gems, actually.

And chaoticag, I'll say the same thing I said to Thtb: make sure you get the confirmation email and/or see the game page update to make sure your turn is in...
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 05:25:23 pm by E. Albright »

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: March 25, 2017, 08:43:28 am »

Well at least there are plenty of stalls going around this round to keep it somewhat fair, eh?

http://www.llamaserver.net/doAdminAction.cgi?game=Bay12GamesRound426a&action=showstales

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: March 27, 2017, 04:01:36 pm »

Stalers gonna stale.
Watcha gonna do aboot it.

I'm still looking to trade nature gems for water or death gems.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: March 28, 2017, 02:31:38 am »

If you want to avoid a stale, PM them ; ) - gets the turns done faster, too.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 29, 2017, 09:29:00 am »

Feels good when PD manages to kill off something on its own - especially when the army that attacked doesn't have anywhere to retreat to.

Separate-but-somewhat-related-thought: Man, I often forget just how vicious large swarms of the unarmored fish-men with nets can be.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: March 29, 2017, 10:59:54 am »

AlStar, just as an FYI, I started the process of working your flag stuff into the NG repository. It's not done because I have the attention span of a fruit fly, and "more stuff for ancient pale ones", "ancient olmspawn", "olms", and "kappa" happened to appear to be... um.... let's go with "shinier"... over the last couple of weeks. It's still worming its way in, though.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 29, 2017, 12:00:51 pm »

AlStar, just as an FYI, I started the process of working your flag stuff into the NG repository. It's not done because I have the attention span of a fruit fly, and "more stuff for ancient pale ones", "ancient olmspawn", "olms", and "kappa" happened to appear to be... um.... let's go with "shinier"... over the last couple of weeks. It's still worming its way in, though.
As long as it makes its way in before our next Nationgen game, I'm content.

Edit: By the way, something I've been meaning to mention - my nation appears to have some uncastable spells - specifically, Rhuax Pact and Barathrus Pact "can only be cast at Roots of the Earth." I've got a Stone of Water and a City of the Divine, but no Roots of the Earth.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 05:46:34 pm by AlStar »

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: March 29, 2017, 11:08:40 pm »

That'd be because they were originally Agartha's spells, and they start with that site.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 30, 2017, 10:35:11 am »

This is why I hate (fair) early game wars, if its a 1v1 its really hard to finish someone off - or get rid of someone.

Also could someone besides Albright buy some mercs for once, he keeps throwing them at me...

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 30, 2017, 10:50:39 am »

That'd be because they were originally Agartha's spells, and they start with that site.
Sure, but if I can't use them, they shouldn't be on my spell list. Either the spell should be changed so that I can use them (I'd guess by creating a copy of the spell that requires one of my capital's sites), or it should be excluded from the list of "possible nation-specific spells that nationgen can assign."

The spells, they taunt me. I could really use the ability to summon up a bunch of permanent earth elementals.

This is why I hate (fair) early game wars, if its a 1v1 its really hard to finish someone off - or get rid of someone.

Also could someone besides Albright buy some mercs for once, he keeps throwing them at me...
Apropos of nothing, but I'd say we're solidly mid-game: IMO early game ends when (virtually) all independents have been conquered, which is usually around the same time that sleeping gods start waking up (~12 turns).
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 10:53:00 am by AlStar »

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 30, 2017, 12:54:04 pm »

Thanks for confirming that those spells have a problem; I've been meaning to test if they worked because it occurred to me a month or so ago that they probably didn't.

Also, yes, this is definitely not early game any more.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 01, 2017, 07:08:23 pm »

Edit: false alarm.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 07:32:23 pm by Mini »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 36