Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 36

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 26: Very Worstestest Things (Done)  (Read 39891 times)

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 26: Very Worstestest Things (churn, churn, churn)
« Reply #390 on: April 28, 2017, 10:02:36 am »

Its mostly a "well I at least did something before I perish" act then anything of tactical value. Investing those gems into summons might have been smarter, but not as entertaining.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: April 29, 2017, 05:24:43 pm »

I think I've missed so many turns in a row that I can no longer tell myself 'Don't worry. You can do the next turn when you feel better'.

Sorry about being such a piece of shit guys, but I need to drop out of the game. It's obvious that I'm not going to suddenly turn things around and start submitting things regularly. Better to drop me off so I don't drag the speed down anymore than I have. Sorry.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: April 29, 2017, 06:27:07 pm »

Well, pick up a turn and go AI then - unless you feel that you've still got a nation worth subbing.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: April 30, 2017, 05:22:06 pm »

Agreed - if your nation isn't viable (and number of stales do kinda point that way) it would be best if you could log one turn to go AI. I can find and swap someone in to throw the switch, but it would be a lot less messy if you could do it yourself.

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #394 on: May 02, 2017, 05:18:10 pm »

So burden of time. If my dom4-fu is up to snuff which I doubt, dispel is the spell needed to remove it, and that is astral three? Anyone else not playing someone who lives for a long time like me?

EDIT: I'll just come out and mention I've been stocking pearls all game. Anyone wanna take bets on if I can do it on my own? How many death gems could he have poured into it?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 05:21:03 pm by RexMundi »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: May 02, 2017, 05:46:58 pm »

I see there's been a 3 hour stealthpush. Let's hope it was enough.  :-\
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: May 02, 2017, 06:11:21 pm »

With just a couple of hours left, I noticed that I didn't actually remember playing my turn.  :-[ It turned out that I actually had... but apparently I'd had enough to drink before doing so that I remember nothing about what happened.  :o

Decided it might be in my best interest to give it a quick once-over - turns out it actually wasn't too bad. Made a couple small changes, but I think I could've survived if the forgotten turn had gone through.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 26: Very Worstestest Things (sub needed)
« Reply #397 on: May 02, 2017, 06:22:34 pm »

Okay, I'm gonna push things at least a day. Following a look-see by an uninvolved third party, the suggestion has been made that Tsihor is still viable, albeit a fixer-upper. So we are looking for a sub, preferably one who is at least moderately experienced, as Tsihor was described as having a lot of resources but also needing some finesse to take advantage of them...

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: May 03, 2017, 02:23:40 am »

So burden of time. If my dom4-fu is up to snuff which I doubt, dispel is the spell needed to remove it,
Alternatively, cast at least 5 (actual number depends on RNG of which one gets replaced, could technically be nigh infinite) other globals. Dispel indeed is the intended way to remove a specific global.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: May 04, 2017, 09:43:14 am »

Sorry for stalling,  I keep postponing when I have time to do this until I run out of time to do it. A short summary for most things in my life though :P

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: May 05, 2017, 01:49:16 pm »

So, any luck in getting a replacement? I bumped the main Dom 4 topic, but it looks like it's fallen down to the second page again. If all else fails, I can see if a couple people I know on my Steam Friends list might be interested... but I warn that they're both known for occasional bouts of flakiness.

Otherwise, maybe let the AI give it its best?

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: May 05, 2017, 02:37:15 pm »

I'll push for another day if you think you might be able to get a replacement - I've had no luck.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: May 06, 2017, 03:08:24 pm »

All right. Unless we have a sub in the next day (one more 30h push has been executed), we'll get to see how poorly the AI handles Tsihor's presumably-still-viable situation.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: May 06, 2017, 04:36:43 pm »

All right. Unless we have a sub in the next day (one more 30h push has been executed), we'll get to see how poorly the AI handles Tsihor's presumably-still-viable situation.
I asked my friend, and he thought about it, but decided to back out due to lack of free time.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: May 07, 2017, 11:08:58 am »

All right, my arrangements to AI Tsihor have gone through, so I have forced hosting to eliminate the remaining delay and give us a weekend day to get back into playing.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 36