Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 36

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 26: Very Worstestest Things (Done)  (Read 39160 times)

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 26: Very Worstestest Things (in progress)
« Reply #420 on: May 19, 2017, 09:11:10 am »

The other option with Earthquake is to bring an army of things that can probably survive more Earthquakes than the casting mages can. Otherwise, yes, it's a reasonable tactic until/unless your opponent can reliably trot out army-wide protective spells or Mass Flight.

(NG adds a few more floaters than just what is in the base game, but they're still pretty scarce.)

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: May 19, 2017, 10:06:21 am »

Thankfully my mage also flies.

Overall the Mages I have are great, really - high death,  high earth, sometimes air - sadly I pay for it with horrible troops.

To break out of my situation I would need enough income to get some troops going or enough gem income to do more then pay for battlefield spells.

Quite the opposite of other players, I might just have more Mages/commanders/undead Kings then I have normal troops.

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: May 19, 2017, 12:00:39 pm »

I don't get why you guys keep marching at me when there are perfectly empty thrones with 50 indi-militia defending it in your own territory, I do nothing but spam earthquake at any army bigger then 50 guys and undead at any smaller then 50.

Someone tried to capture a castle with nothing but 200 Archers and 0 melee guys. It didn't work.

That was me.
I thought I had all my forces grouped.
But it seems my archers weren't.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: May 19, 2017, 01:14:31 pm »

Ah, one of the greatest threats to a pretender god, followed closely by stealth commanders/armies who decide to sit around and watch while the rest of the army they're grouped with gets slaughtered.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: May 22, 2017, 01:37:20 am »

You forgot communion masters going off-script and spamming blink.

Also that moment of horror when you realize that wasn't deer tribe you sent your lone pretender into.

When your thrice-horned boar casts earthquake and you find out self-damage still berserks.

Also I'm back, baby.  I started game 1, and I'll finish game 27.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 04:17:10 am by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: May 24, 2017, 08:36:38 am »

If you leave me alone I will focus on making life hell for the green frogs instead E. Albright - these lands shall never be worth the blood shed on it.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: May 25, 2017, 11:51:03 am »

And miss out on the chance to drive the snake from the islands into the void again? Where's the fun in that?

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: May 25, 2017, 08:18:57 pm »

Man, Tsihor's Divine Avengers are downright terrifying. How is it that they don't control the entire aboveground?

Also, why the heck did they decide to go without a blessing? A major nature, death, or fire blessing would have made them even more insane.

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #428 on: May 25, 2017, 08:49:52 pm »

I don't know what is going on but tishor isn't dead. (or whatever the spelling for my guys are.)
Or maybe we are, idk. Anyway I've been without pc for a good couple days now and earliest I'll have mine working again is late tomorrow. I'm unsure how many turns I've missed now but Don't hold on account of me as I'm sure it's not like I could swing anything major right now anyway.
Anyway tomorrow I'll have a working pc, or at the least I'll be where blitze is so I can borrow his to turn in a turn.

EDIT: Wait', I'm thespinth wasn't it? am I confusing names without the game to look at? I'm the second on the turn waiting list anyway..

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: May 25, 2017, 11:51:10 pm »

Tsihor was USEC's nation that we couldn't get a sub for, which should explain why they don't rule the overworld. What atrocities they're doling out now are strictly the flailings of a lobotomized godling.

I have no idea why they're without a major bless. I'd have thrown N9 on them without even thinking.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: June 01, 2017, 07:37:08 am »

Thespinth has staled their last 5 turns - is there something we should be doing about that?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: June 01, 2017, 12:50:12 pm »

I'm not really back.
But I would like someone to tell me if the banner of abolitionist Illithids yet waves? And the story of why not.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #432 on: June 01, 2017, 12:52:19 pm »

I ask the same question for thespinth. It took a bit longer than planned to get my pc running again, plus real life crap, but I return.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: June 01, 2017, 03:38:50 pm »

Amazons are still alive. Illithids are not. Frogs and newts are everywhere.

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: June 02, 2017, 03:13:41 pm »

I think I found a bug.
I've got a shape shifting unit that lacks certain slots in the shaped shifted form.
If I equip cursed items I can remove them by shape shifting to that form if that form lacks the slot.
They go right back to my inventory.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 36