Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 36

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 26: Very Worstestest Things (Done)  (Read 39818 times)

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 26: Very Worstestest Things (in progress)
« Reply #435 on: June 02, 2017, 03:31:05 pm »

Can't wear a cursed ring with no fingers, can't lift a cursed sword with no hands. Funny, but likely bug or otherwise unintended

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: June 05, 2017, 10:50:15 am »

The Army of Empty (The green frog guys in the north part of the map) are both traped and close to dieing horribly, so if anyone wants to take some easy territories, now is the time : )

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: June 05, 2017, 01:27:00 pm »

The Army of Empty (The green frog guys in the north part of the map) are both traped and close to dieing horribly, so if anyone wants to take some easy territories, now is the time : )

Don't count your skeletons before you raise them.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: June 06, 2017, 02:08:14 am »

With my fatigue neutral bless they are uncountable! (well round limit, but that, too can be messed with)

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: June 06, 2017, 07:00:33 pm »

What luck.
Your curses of stones hit half of my casters. And mine hit some of your vinemen.
My 15 morale troops routed on the second turn.

Crikey :P

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: June 06, 2017, 07:29:10 pm »

Also, with Thespinth AI, "And then there were five". I think I'm the most lackadaisical remaining player (roughly half the time, anyway) so I shall endeavor to find ways to avoid delays so things can maybe reach a conclusion sooner and we can find out which kind of amphibian (or maybe lizard) shall lord over all the rest of us.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: June 07, 2017, 02:33:27 am »

No army of "normal troops" can stand against such a combination of global spells with any kind of buffer - also, your troops "only" have darkvision 50, which leaves em "half as skilled as a undead skeleton" while the archers just don't have any.

What spells would you have cast, besides cleansing water? It has limited range, so you would have never hit anything besides free/fresh chaff and your troops are just in block formation with nothing in on the flanks to actually break through?

Suggestions:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The large size of your troops and outnumbering me massivly in every area .... can be a disadvantage. Try to use your advantages - I lose troops every round to upkeep and you barly even lost 3 mages - nothing important.

You are the 4th snake on my heel and frankly, its really not worth it. Cards on the table, my total income is 180 - you lose more troops in every single fight then you could gain here.

Well Thespinth AI is going at me again hard, so maybe you're lucky.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: June 07, 2017, 09:46:54 am »

No army of "normal troops" can stand against such a combination of global spells with any kind of buffer - also, your troops "only" have darkvision 50, which leaves em "half as skilled as a undead skeleton" while the archers just don't have any.
That reminds me, I never did get around to checking if the 150 darkvision I've got on some of my troops was working as expected.

Cards on the table, my total income is 180 - you lose more troops in every single fight then you could gain here.
I must say that the fact that you still exist at all, working with so little against so many enemies, really shows some masterful play - I wish I had more scouts in the area to watch your fights.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: June 07, 2017, 01:32:26 pm »

Uku has poor gold income, but quite nice gem income, and they've used that to very good effect. Also, for most of the game the people they're been fighting has pretty much been me, so having scouts around to watch would be tedious - as mentioned upthread, I have paths that don't lend themselves to overcoming Uku's 1.5 trick miniature horse (not a pony, mind, because it's not so puny; it's just limited in scope). The way to deal with what Uku has on offer hasn't changed, and they remain "use magic that ignores or circumvents the nigh-endless hordes of skeletons they're throwing at you" (and/or "overwhelm them with fliers on turn 1" if they're attacking rather than defending). If I had had the paths for it, they would have had a much more difficult time still being alive (just as them having the ability to field a static army that I couldn't kill off despite not being able to overcome their skellispam would have made my life much more fraught). Firestorm, Flame Storm, Acid Storm, Wrathful Skies, Rain of Stones, Howl, possibly Devouring Swarm, if you could get the range right maybe Cascade spam, Soul Slay or any other "ignores mindless" spells... there's a lot of options that I didn't have the paths to field...

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: June 07, 2017, 04:07:30 pm »

If I had had the paths for it, they would have had a much more difficult time still being alive...
I kept asking myself "what the heck paths does Albright have that he can't cast anything?" Major Blood/Minor Water. Interesting.

Maybe you should've played the same game - give a bunch of your commanders imp contracts - see how the skelespam deals with imp spam.  :P

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: June 08, 2017, 04:38:28 am »

Aww thanks guys, so sweet.

Blood? Summon Imps could do something then ~

Most amusing to me is that 3 seperate nations tried to use assassins against me - when all I have on every command is skelli-spam... they all went about as expected. The AI is now doing it again, but it really doesn't know any better.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: June 08, 2017, 10:49:31 am »

Aww thanks guys, so sweet.

I didn't really say anything I hadn't said before. ;p

It's possible that 10 or 15 commanders with Lifelong Protection could succeed where a few B3s with Summon Imps did not, but that's a pretty huge gamble in terms of slaves and B4 mage-turns for something I'd be struggling to keep from rushing into melee against skellispam hordes. Unless I doubled down and used my almost-non-existent death paths and income to try to give them all spamulets, too.

If you're counting me in re: assassins, I wasn't fighting anyone else at the time, had the Master Assassin on retainer, gave him a skellispamulet looted from your armies, and was actually hoping to hit one of the commanders in an army that didn't have its own amulet (and/or just have the RNG bless me by letting me win against a spamulet-wearer in an almost-fair fight). So from where I stand that was a reasonable, albeit ill-fated, move.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 10:57:34 am by E. Albright »

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: June 08, 2017, 11:36:13 am »

I'm sorry work has got me swamped the last few days.
Could I perhaps get an extention of a day?

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: June 08, 2017, 11:50:14 am »

Pushed 24h.

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: June 09, 2017, 02:54:29 pm »

Oh my. Thespinth has a woman riding a giant skeleton hero.

Bad to the bone!
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 36