Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 36

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 26: Very Worstestest Things (Done)  (Read 39948 times)

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 26: Very Worstestest Things (TBD NationGen game)
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2017, 12:32:52 pm »

Checking before I assume. We are picking one of these first, then drafting specific nations?
The nations are in player order (from the 1st page) - so you'll be the third nation down on each of the three mods. Pick which ERA makes you most happy (or least sad, anyway.)

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2017, 12:44:29 pm »

Looks like I have an astral lizard caelan pick for Early age, whose forts are expensive and who prefer heat + 1 despite having ice power caelan troop? I'm a little confused, but okay. Seems odd to me, but I can prolly make it work.

Then I have boreal human underlings to vaetti. The one boreal human is resource expenisve and the rest are cheap. Also rat and spider riders. Some interesting magic paths.

Late age I have illitihid abyssians? Well okay. Magic wise they seem kinda odd. Troop wise they seem kinda... odd.

I'll go ahead and put my preferences from best to worst at MA, EA and LA.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2017, 01:22:57 pm »

Troops in plate mail with hide shields is a little eccentric, but I'll take it.

This is actually the hallmark of Machaka-style (aka "austral") troops. Well, that and darker complexions, and colossi (relatively speaking), and monochrome-ish feathered headgear.

Looks like I have an astral lizard caelan pick for Early age, whose forts are expensive and who prefer heat + 1 despite having ice power caelan troop? I'm a little confused, but okay.

Ha! Funny thing, so Caelians only care about their own race's tendencies when deciding if ice gear is a good idea. That might not be the worst idea to change. And for the flip side, coldblooded lizards probably shouldn't crop up as secondary races to a frigid nation, either...
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 01:39:12 pm by E. Albright »

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2017, 02:31:42 pm »

It's not the worst thing, but it confused me quite a bit XD

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2017, 03:07:53 pm »

Oh, in case it's not completely and utterly glaringly obvious, my first pick is EA because duh. I mean, really, have you looked at the abominations the RNG gave me? Second choice is LA because I can't resist the idea of Warbred running around with Belittling Battleaxes. So EA>LA>MA

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2017, 01:49:43 pm »

Alright, MA looks awesome. I'm also ok with EA, although LA seems a tad borish. Fun gen though!

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2017, 09:21:46 pm »

My vote is MA, as that'd make me thespinth right?

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2017, 11:22:15 pm »

Yup. Crystal Amazons with caveman slaves.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2017, 08:00:55 am »

Ha, Ironically I get to play Ulm again, without good troops this time however... Forge Bonus and depending on good randoms...

Edit: Seems that me (MA) and Teshro (MA) have nearly the same sacred unit, both are tengus with the same cost and 1 resource difference - mine have a katana, his have no-dachi. Mountain Surival vs Forest Surival and Slash resistance vs Pierce resistance (Though I'd say he lucked out with pierce resistance, it is way better then slash-res imo).

I just assume we end up with MA? Only one vote missing.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 10:37:48 am by ThtblovesDF »

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2017, 04:45:19 pm »

Eight votes of eleven players (with one vote effectively abstaining), but one of the remaining three hasn't actually commented directly on the forum and may or may not have dug up their forum credentials at this juncture. So we're mostly in, with MA looking to be the favorite, yes.

Even though it was my third choice, MA kinda looks like it may be the most balanced. I really wanted to see EA's swan chariots in action (sailing trampling troops, woo!), but MA does at least have some croc riders (sailing slow cavalry, woo?)...

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2017, 04:58:56 pm »

I'm fine with MA, even if I don't get to experience the joys of Bear Assassins or Swan Chariots. Honestly I couldn't decide which of the ages I liked the most so... Yeah. Time to formulate a proper strategy for MA Tsihor and figure out how expansion is going to go. And probably produce some proper fluff because nationgen's descriptions are so terrible.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2017, 05:40:35 pm »

In the interest of keeping things moving forward, since (regardless of poll votes) we have 5 opinions in favor of MA after four-ish days of voting, which easily beats the other expressed opinions, MA it is. USEC wants to write fluff, so I'll go ahead and say we have 'til Wednesday-ish to write fluff (because yes, NG descriptions are still awful... hmm... maybe I should DROP EVERYTHING and work on that instead of finishing any of my 30-90%-done nations-types...), so long as we're simultaneously developing our pretenders and grousing about maps/thrones. I'll take all the fluff I get, compile it into a coherent mod file (though the only difference will be fluff, so you should be able to use what you have right now if you want instead), and make the game NLT Thursday night, so we can hopefully start at or around Saturday and knock out the early turns over the weekend.

So then. MA Black Academy it is...

Also: we need an argument about maps and thrones. Ready... go!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 05:46:08 pm by E. Albright »

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2017, 12:48:44 am »

Well, do people even want thrones or no? And I'll poke my brother into posting again. And at this point making pretenders is effectively ready, no? I'll get started.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2017, 01:03:16 am »

We'd prefer having your brother post yes. I mean, otherwise there'd be a conflict of interest if we wanna send some correspondence with you as a middleman. I also think we're clear to design a pretender, although I have no idea if the pretender would be considered kosher by the base code since some people would like to get some nation descriptions down first. It likely won't do jack to pretenders, but just saying in case it does actually happen.

So anyway, maps? Who has an idea about what map to play on, since I certainly don't.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2017, 01:10:35 am »

I'm pretty sure at this point most everyone has drank the Koolaid in re: thrones. It's certainly less miserable than fights to the death.

And yes, you should be able to make your pretenders, as descriptions won't affect the mechanical fiddly bits of a mod so with and without descriptions should be the same to the game engine.

Throne-wise, I'll start with a proposal of 18/6/0 with 16 to win. I'll try to stay aloof on the subject of maps lest I straightaway lead us off to a pretty-but-painful map as is my wont.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 36