Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36]

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 26: Very Worstestest Things (Done)  (Read 39163 times)

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 26: Very Worstestest Things (in progress)
« Reply #525 on: August 11, 2017, 12:10:16 pm »

Things went south for me when I tried to off skullinator to the west because he had cast burden of time. Only later I noticed it was dispelled or something.
I never noticed the one  to the east went ai. Or else I would have  taken more from his provinces.
Skellinator from the west ruined my sea drake summoning strategy as well since his skellyspamming my lakes made me unable to bring the  mages to make lab in one of my forts there.

I had a blood economy up and running. But I made quite a few bad mistakes. Started too late with summoning Counts to hit critical vampire mass. Would have been wiser to spend it on more usefull stuff.
Though my Wrath of the skies was quite annoying for you I suppose.

Good call on summoning that castle.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 26: Very Worstestest Things (in progress)
« Reply #526 on: August 11, 2017, 02:24:13 pm »

Though my Wrath of the skies was quite annoying for you I suppose.
During my peak of fighting in your territory/domain, I was having something like 100-125 men hit per turn, and was losing ~20. I was also losing a commander roughly every 3 or 4 turns, and even those that didn't die had plenty of wounds to show for their time spent fighting you.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 02:28:14 pm by AlStar »

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 26: Very Worstestest Things (Done)
« Reply #527 on: August 11, 2017, 02:49:11 pm »

I'll admit my vague mid-to-endgame goal of "Blood sac dominion + yuuuuuge Vengeful Water" would have worked better had I not been plunked down in the "dry wasteland" part of the map. That didn't exactly help with blood hunting, either. Ofc, the big problem was still getting bogged down into a stalemate where I couldn't expand enough to compensate for my Drain scales. In that respect, I'd've been better off ditching W9 and going scales, but hindsight is hindsight.

On the plus side, for all its faults, this map is not absurdly overconnected. That did help the game go as long as it did, even with player attrition lending a hand to snowballing.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 03:42:30 pm by E. Albright »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36]