Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Unretiring to demons  (Read 639 times)

KuudereChef

• Bay Watcher
  • forgot to feed themself
    • View Profile
Unretiring to demons
« on: January 10, 2017, 07:37:30 pm »

so story time my stout friends. I made a fine fortress by the name of Pickcross. a few years in, i struck  hollow veins of adamantine. but, my dwarves, crafty as they were, sealed the caves off, so as not to cause a massacre. so, the years go by and I decide to spawn an adventurer from Pickcross. everything seemed fine at first, until I saw that the streets were red with the blood of dwarves, and smoking with demon-fire.

something needs to be changed so that entities arent just randomly placed all around an area when you arrive.
raw death! praise the miners!

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
Re: Unretiring to demons
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 06:55:23 pm »

so story time my stout friends. I made a fine fortress by the name of Pickcross. a few years in, i struck  hollow veins of adamantine. but, my dwarves, crafty as they were, sealed the caves off, so as not to cause a massacre. so, the years go by and I decide to spawn an adventurer from Pickcross. everything seemed fine at first, until I saw that the streets were red with the blood of dwarves, and smoking with demon-fire.

something needs to be changed so that entities arent just randomly placed all around an area when you arrive.

I completely agree there. At the very least it should have some kind of check like "Is this area sufficiently blocked off to keep anything from coming to the surface"
My mod: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=176501.0
The litten is wandering around the dump now, occasionally exploding.