Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Game crashes when I travel south of my current location... for some reason.  (Read 998 times)

Boyd the Reaver

• Bay Watcher
  • AXE TO FACE!
    • View Profile

My Save: https://www.dropbox.com/s/31t0vhynuc7lzg6/region1.zip?dl=0
Map For World: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kjtoo854ymr37gp/region1-00250-01-28-legends_plus.xml?dl=0

I'm encountering this really, really weird bug on DF Adventure Mode 0.43.03. For some ungodly reason, when I go south down my current direction and past a certain threshold, the game crashes. I have the Obsidan tileset installed and my Print Mode is Standard. Is there something going on in my end, or does it work fine for everybody else?

I've been having so much fun with Adventure Mode, so it really sucks to see everything stop working. And obviously, I'm on Windows 10, so that's likely a major source of many problems. Help?
Mah Boyd, this peace is what ALL true Reavers' strive for!
A Fire Emblem fan and newbie

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile

I have no clue, does it still happen when you update to 43.05?

Boyd the Reaver

• Bay Watcher
  • AXE TO FACE!
    • View Profile

I have no clue, does it still happen when you update to 43.05?
Well, I'm using 0.43.03, and I dunno if the Lazy Newb Pack is compatible with 0.43.05. Is it?

Thanks in advance!

Boyd the Reaver

• Bay Watcher
  • AXE TO FACE!
    • View Profile

Can confirm that 0.43.05 does NOT fix anything. I dunno if it's because the save file's corrupted (oh, God, I hope not) or that the Human Town population overloaded the game.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, sometimes you get spots where there are bad pointers and shit where it crashes when you get close to that spot.

Boyd the Reaver

• Bay Watcher
  • AXE TO FACE!
    • View Profile

Oh, sometimes you get spots where there are bad pointers and shit where it crashes when you get close to that spot.
Explain, please?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Things where the game is trying to load a unit or histfig at a give location but the links it uses to track the relevant information needed to load them is broken or missing, it tries to load anyways, winds up with links to bunch of nonsense values or tries to pull up null pointers (literally something that is supposed to point to a given location in memory but actually points at nothing) and segfaults out.

Boyd the Reaver

• Bay Watcher
  • AXE TO FACE!
    • View Profile

Things where the game is trying to load a unit or histfig at a give location but the links it uses to track the relevant information needed to load them is broken or missing, it tries to load anyways, winds up with links to bunch of nonsense values or tries to pull up null pointers (literally something that is supposed to point to a given location in memory but actually points at nothing) and segfaults out.
So in Layman's Terms, that part of the world is completely hosed, huh?

Well, thanks! Thankfully, there was a larger town nearby where I could restock on supplies, so everything's peachy at least. I'll just have to remind myself to keep away from that area. Thank you! :D

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, I've had towns like that, and roaming armies too where I'd bump into it in a certain area=poof, crash.