Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dragon cant breathe fire forever?  (Read 508 times)

Addict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dragon cant breathe fire forever?
« on: January 14, 2017, 05:59:03 pm »

So I wanted to trap a dragon in this enclosed space that I could open and close a bridge next to, to allow the dragon to breathe fire through some fortifications when I wanted.

I couldn't encourage the dragon to come out of its lair without taking away its fire breathing by editing its code, I changed the delay before it could attack again from 50 to some number like 5000000000000000000000. It worked but now it seems like nothing I try will allow the dragon to breathe fire again. I've sent dudes right up to it and it only rips them to shreds, no fire. I changed its delay back, but it must be in the game now ticking down? Is there a way I could duplicate the dragon anew?
The best choice of restraint is therefore a good strong metal chain. A high-quality chain will also let the prisoner admire it, giving him a boost to his happiness.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon cant breathe fire forever?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 06:12:49 pm »

I would guess there is a delay ticking down, and gui/gm-editor would allow you to reset if if you located the timer (provided the timer has been mapped).

Addict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 06:58:04 pm »

Just installed dfhack and am looking at the dragons values now. Nothing immediately popping out at me as a special attack timer with a long count down. Anything specific I should look under?
The best choice of restraint is therefore a good strong metal chain. A high-quality chain will also let the prisoner admire it, giving him a boost to his happiness.

Addict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2017, 07:21:43 pm »

Aha! I did it! Its under curse - > own action delay. I don't know why, but after studying it for a good 10 minutes, I looked at a dwarf child and saw that that value was 0 and the dragons was really high. I set it to zero and guess whats going to melt any goblins attempting to get into my fort? This is going to be awesome. Now I just have to get a GCS to trap and tame it.