Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Undead and Burial  (Read 878 times)

Ygvir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Undead and Burial
« on: January 11, 2017, 12:51:03 pm »

I could not find this info on the wiki so I guess I'll have to ask. In an animating environment, will undead stay put if you manage to get them into a coffin? Will they stay dead if a necromancer wanders into your mausoleum? I've never seen anyone trying to bury undead before they rise up so I've assumed that burial doesn't keep them down but I can't find anything that confirms or deny's this.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Re: Undead and Burial
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 04:55:14 pm »

I could not find this info on the wiki so I guess I'll have to ask. In an animating environment, will undead stay put if you manage to get them into a coffin? Will they stay dead if a necromancer wanders into your mausoleum? I've never seen anyone trying to bury undead before they rise up so I've assumed that burial doesn't keep them down but I can't find anything that confirms or deny's this.
Good questions! I presume you would have to bury them before they reanimate? Maybe the dwarven Gods bring the souls of buried to Valhalla.
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 11:52:57 pm »

No, they'll escape the coffin.

Use magma. It's the only way to be sure.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2017, 12:03:20 am »

No, they'll escape the coffin.

Use magma. It's the only way to be sure.

Magma and slabs.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2017, 12:07:09 am »

Add carp for good measure.
Or elephants.