Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Set up to test Tilesets?  (Read 146 times)

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Set up to test Tilesets?
« on: January 13, 2017, 01:01:13 pm »

Hello. Does anyone know the best way to get a map with one of every item/creature on it. I know it would lag like crazy, but if it could be set up (and then paused) it would be a great way to see what you might be missing in a Tileset.

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Set up to test Tilesets?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 01:21:38 pm »

For creatures, I just go through and spawn them all in Arena mode.  Not sure if you can spawn item there, though.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 07:04:13 pm »

Open help > scroll down to icons?

Wait, do you mean graphics sets?

Those you'll need to test with the arena I guess, but you can set up and save the conditions in an arena, and spawn items on a unit > assume control > drop the items so you can see them > spawn more creatures in arena mode > save the state like that.
Engraved here is a rendition of an image of the Dwarf Fortress learning curve. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It depicts an obsidian overhang which menaces with spikes of obsidian and tears. Carved on the overhang is an image of Toady One and the players. The players are curled up in a fetal position. Toady One is laughing. The players are burning.
The VectorCurses+1 tileset strikes the square set and the severed part sails off in an arc!

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 11:11:56 pm »

Okay, thanks guys. Arena mode is how I'll go.  :)