Ava
Seaiga
Wynne
Quetzalxochitl
Lian
Sybil
Foreman

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 78

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars (12/12) Actually Alive!  (Read 59686 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars (12/12) Welcome to Thracia Hell
« Reply #840 on: April 30, 2017, 02:16:22 pm »

Okay well to the golem problem, keep in mind that Seaiga was intended to intervene if things looked like they were going to turn lethal. The fact that she decided to take a nap instead of pay attention is not Sybil's fault. Also with the implementation of the magic ban, I thought it was obvious that Sybil intended to have her things moved out of the country. Because she is a wizard, and would be persecuted under the ban, and that'd be a pain in the ass.

Yeah, Sybil's terms kind of suck... But 10k is a lot of dosh, and if you can pony up that kind of cash, there are things you can afford to do. Like horribly mistreat your employees.

Incidentally: I never played FNaF, I don't like getting spooked. Not my flagon of ale. Though I get the parallel you're drawing there.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: April 30, 2017, 02:20:30 pm »

Would you rather the way back was uneventful? Plus, who's to say that we wouldn't have been attacked on the road? That's prime bandit bait.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: April 30, 2017, 02:26:08 pm »

* Swordstar quietly whistles as she tries to wake Sea up from yet another nap

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: April 30, 2017, 02:28:17 pm »

And by going out of our way to take the fast route, at the risk of more bandits. I mean, there's jobs with some inherent risk, and then there's going out of one's way to find unnecessary trouble, you know? Not heartening to see a potential employer do the latter.

You're assuming Sybil directed Zephyr that way. Zephyr isn't your employer and is in the same position as the PCs: a hired hand. Sure, he has done business with Sybil in the past and as such has her trust but that's it. Your eagerness to attribute everything to Sybil's doing is honestly annoying.

And no, the job application actually did not specify that Sybil herself would be attempting to murder us. Danger and fighting are implied, fighting Sybil's golems was not implied. You'd expect a responsible employer to turn off the murderbots when they have a job application posted, or at the very least be explicit that a test of combat will be mandatory.

There's literally no risk of death with the things. Sea's there but, since it didn't come to it, armored dude is there and even beyond that Sybil observes the entire thing and can cancel it at will. Should she have advertised combat in the application? Probably but it's not like she's killing people/trying to kill people off like you are trying to make as a point. Is she a good employer? Absolutely not. Is this job rotten? Look at the game title dude.
My Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars OOC | IC
Magi Wars sidestory: Rotting Empire OOC | IC

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: April 30, 2017, 03:23:19 pm »

Would you rather the way back was uneventful? Plus, who's to say that we wouldn't have been attacked on the road? That's prime bandit bait.
"We tried to play it safe by taking the main road but we got ambushed anyway because the military isn't doing their job" makes you look a lot better than "we took the unsafe side roads and didn't see it coming when we found bandits".

Your eagerness to attribute everything to Sybil's doing is honestly annoying.
Not everything that's Sybil's responsibility is her fault.
If Seaiga was taking a nap instead of watching the mud golems, that's Seaiga's fault, and it's Sybil's responsibility to dope-slap Seaiga for it and make sure it doesn't happen again.
If Zephyr plans out a bad route, that's his fault, but since we're being hired by Sybil and not Zephyr, it's Sybil's responsibility to either tell him to smarten up or replace him with someone who isn't dumb enough to transport valuables through bandit territory. Since she's stated she's going to have a talk with Zephyr about it, Brady is fine on that point now.
Since Sybil is the one hiring, it is her responsibility to see that things like the military's lack of presence are accounted for, either personally or by hired hands (like Zephyr). Brady is willing to accept the contract if she says "we'll be ready for it next time" or "now that we know about that, we can react properly" or even "hiring you is part of my plan for how to deal with that in the future".

There's literally no risk of death with the things. Sea's there but, since it didn't come to it, armored dude is there and even beyond that Sybil observes the entire thing and can cancel it at will.
In-character, Brady is unaware of all of this. All he's heard about that situation is "maybe she won't make you fight the mud golems".
Incidentally, if these "bandits" turn out to be more like bandit-themed hitmen because they were hired by other nobles, Brady is unaware of that too.

Is this job rotten? Look at the game title dude.
Just because the game's title says it's a rotten job, doesn't make it not a rotten job! Of course Brady is complain about a rotten job being a rotten job in-character!
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: April 30, 2017, 03:37:31 pm »

Since Sybil is the one hiring, it is her responsibility to see that things like the military's lack of presence are accounted for, either personally or by hired hands (like Zephyr).

Hang on, are you insinuating that, in the face of the lack of a military presence, it falls on Sybil to secure the countryside? Because that sounds waaaaay outside her responsibility by anyone's measure.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: April 30, 2017, 03:42:05 pm »

Since Sybil is the one hiring, it is her responsibility to see that things like the military's lack of presence are accounted for, either personally or by hired hands (like Zephyr).

Hang on, are you insinuating that, in the face of the lack of a military presence, it falls on Sybil to secure the countryside?
No, but it falls on Sybil to guard her own transports adequately...
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: April 30, 2017, 03:51:27 pm »

Since Sybil is the one hiring, it is her responsibility to see that things like the military's lack of presence are accounted for, either personally or by hired hands (like Zephyr). Brady is willing to accept the contract if she says "we'll be ready for it next time" or "now that we know about that, we can react properly" or even "hiring you is part of my plan for how to deal with that in the future".

In what way is it her "responsibility"? Do you/does Brady honestly expect her to watch over the entirety of the Ludoh just because she's hiring and there "happens" (clearly the work of nobles given the thread) to be higher bandit activity? That's a bullshit demand to make of someone because they're hiring during this time.

Say some wealthy farmer is hiring people, so they're coming from all around the country, but there's increased bandit activity for one reason or another. Someone comes up to him, after making the journey themselves, and says "I'd work for you if you protected the people coming here from all around the country." Any logical person would say "Well I guess you're not working for me then."

And if Brady's waiting for her to say that well I got some bad news...

In-character, Brady is unaware of all of this. All he's heard about that situation is "maybe she won't make you fight the mud golems".
Incidentally, if these "bandits" turn out to be more like bandit-themed hitmen because they were hired by other nobles, Brady is unaware of that too.

B-But it was literally stated in thread, by Eric, right in front of Brady, that these bandits were put up to the task under promise of pardon to interfere with Sybil's transports. Or in the very least this one. How in the seven hells is he not aware of this!?

Edit: BMM42 beat me too it but the point still stands.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 03:55:20 pm by I_Like_Pi »

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: April 30, 2017, 04:00:11 pm »

Double post but w/e

QQ: Shoruke, do you think Sybil's part of the nobility? Because she's not. She'd probably fit in the most with the merchant class.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: April 30, 2017, 04:19:21 pm »

She's rich, which makes her part of the bourgeois, so we should overthrow her in the name of the proletariat!
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: April 30, 2017, 04:20:50 pm »

But if we let her pay us, we can become part of the proletariat instead.

EDIT: Or bourgeois. Whatever.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: April 30, 2017, 04:22:07 pm »

But if we let her pay us, we can become part of the proletariat instead.
Part of the bourgeois you mean
We shall be filthy medieval capitalists
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: April 30, 2017, 04:29:40 pm »

In what way is it her "responsibility"? Do you/does Brady honestly expect her to watch over the entirety of the Ludoh just because she's hiring and there "happens" (clearly the work of nobles given the thread) to be higher bandit activity?
No, but it falls on Sybil to guard her own transports adequately...
I said "account for", not "replace". If you're aware that the military isn't going to protect you, you need to be ready for the fact that the military isn't going to protect you.

B-But it was literally stated in thread, by Eric, right in front of Brady, that these bandits were put up to the task under promise of pardon to interfere with Sybil's transports. Or in the very least this one. How in the seven hells is he not aware of this!?
Alright, I'll give you that one. Brady would share Eric's hunch that the bandits are being paid off.
Point stands that getting surprised about bandits in bandit territory (or trusting your logistics to someone who would) doesn't make for an impressive job offer.

Shoruke, do you think Sybil's part of the nobility? Because she's not. She'd probably fit in the most with the merchant class.
If she's being targeted by them, she's playing in their league, and she pays like it. Close enough.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 78