Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Let's Play Victoria II: Historical Project Mod! Submit your nation of choice  (Read 983 times)

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey y'all, I haven't been active on this forum for a long time, but I missed it so I'm back. Would there be any interest in a Vicky 2 lp? I have the expansions and the only mod I'll be using is HPM which changes a bit but it's not too dissimilar from vanilla.

Perhaps some sort of 'succession' type gameplay where we trade off the save after 10 years or so or I can just play myself and take suggestions from you all.

Here's a list of countries to choose from (HPM adds/changes some but this is a good enough list):
http://www.victoria2wiki.com/Countries

I'll take the first 10ish suggestions that are interesting to play as and then we can have a vote and go from there?

Nations so far:
Prussia
Austria
Switzerland
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 06:41:29 pm by Svarte Troner »
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

I'd be interested.  Victoria I & II fall into that unique category of "games I own, but haven't played".  Anything to motivate me to try them out would be appreciated.

Not joining the LP, at least not initially.

Goal: Form Germany.  Thus, Prussia, Austria, or any other country that could do that.  Ideally a country that in reality became part of another country or remained independent.  I would love to see the Swiss conquer the world, since they were Despicable Neutrals right after the time of Victoria.

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I'll just put down Prussia, Austria, and Switzerland for now since the more minor German states usually end in you being absorbed by Austria or Prussia (though I have gotten kinda far as Bavaria and Lubeck before), unless you guys really want to play one of them. I like the idea of setting goals for this type of game as well so maybe if I get enough people to participate we can vote on them after we choose our country.
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.