Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Assistance Requested, Inquire Within...  (Read 627 times)

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Assistance Requested, Inquire Within...
« on: January 13, 2017, 05:08:24 pm »

I'm going back to work on the expanded dictionary mod this week.  I'm planning on reducing the word count by another 3k of ambiguous, junk, or ill-fitted words.  I know many people have seen various words in the masterwork over the past couple of months that weren't well suited and I'm looking to get rid of them... After I reduce that far I'll also do a rework of the individual language files for the races(orc) that ended up with "annoyingly long words" as it was so lovingly put to me the other day.  So my question is, what have you seen that you really think just needs to go.  On top of that I could also post excerpt clips (say 200 words at a time), for people to review and say yeah get rid of that one.  The current version is at 13,510 entries.  The goal is 10,000~10,500.  Is anyone interested or have suggestions?
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal