Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Peasant and Forester's Mod for Adv Mode (discontinued)  (Read 47264 times)

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
Re: The Peasant and Forester's Mod for 0.43.05—4x.xx Vanilla Adventure Mode
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2017, 03:07:24 pm »

Bug Report:

Cheers for the catch, ☼Another☼!

New zip uploaded. Besides the bug fixes, it includes two things I had running on my version: vulnerable padded armor and edible cartilage.

Just replace your old files. No need to regen your world. If you notice anything weird or wonky, please post. Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 03:13:40 pm by peasant cretin »

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2017, 03:13:53 pm »

There won't be any need to regen worlds, just replace the raws in the save folder?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 05:02:11 pm by ☼Another☼ »

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2017, 03:15:25 pm »

Yeah no need to regen. I ninja edited before I saw your post.

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2017, 06:09:29 pm »

Where can you make a maul, for carpentry?

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2017, 08:44:49 pm »

Where can you make a maul, for carpentry?

It's the same maul used as a weapon.

But to make a maul, you chop a tree down, then saw and hew log into blocks in the Woodworker (woodcutting) menu. You need a saw and an axe to make wood blocks (both of which you can make out of stone from the Stonecrafter's menu).

You make the haft out of a branch, also in the Woodworker (woodcutting) menu - 80% chance of success using a branch. Combine haft and block to make a maul.

Usually I begin my woodwork process by making all my base tools in the Stonecrafter's menu before cutting any tree down.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2017, 08:52:49 pm »

New Version 0.1c.0 zip uploaded. Requires new world gen to activate.

From the changelog:
02.12.2017 - Stacking Cleanup: (1) Noticed the stacking reaction for seeds did not and cannot work. While most of us have seen stacks of nuts (which are considered seeds), seeds don't stack. (2) The stacking reaction for fish is unneeded in Adventure Mode as the stacking reaction for meat covers this. Both have been removed.
02.12.2017 - Vanilla crafts from Bonecarver were added to Stonecrafter and Woodcrafter. Not everyone wants to make amulets and rings from bone.
02.12.2017 - Woodcrafters can make shears, allowing for a more vegan experience as some pacifist players may even wish to shun metal crafting.
02.12.2017 - Ability for bonecarvers and woodcrafters to make blowguns and darts.
02.12.2017 - New props added: spoons (can hold 1 unit of liquid), small bowls, pans, smaller pot. They don't have any true utility, but they might enhance the travel experience.
02.12.2017 - Wooden backpacks added.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2017, 09:12:03 pm »

Did a bug fix to the clothier wool reactions. Edits to shoes, and bags. The shoe reaction referred to the wrong reagent, and the bag reaction had the typo "yarm".

If you were using 0.1c.0, no need to regen the world you're in. Just copy over the files and you're good.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A rock block is any rock + dirt/sand.
This seems like something you might want to mention in the readme. I found it rather confusing since the game is asking for "Rock" for that B reagent.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile

A rock block is any rock + dirt/sand.
This seems like something you might want to mention in the readme. I found it rather confusing since the game is asking for "Rock" for that B reagent.

Sorry about that. True true.

Currently working on an Adv Mode food update. Pretty much in line with what most have seen before. Hopefully will release this by the weekend.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile

This update involves a fuel revamp, the shift from away bar usage, and its main reason for being, cooking/beverage reactions.

The fuel revamp involves splitting fuel into 3 types: firewood, peat clumps, and small coal rocks (replacing bars of refined coal). Each can be used interchangeably for most reactions asking for fuel (glass/metal industries exempt as these will take only small coal rocks). It's part of the shift away from unlimited bar usage in Adventure Mode.

For the metal industry, smelting will produce molten metal which cools/hardens into a glob once you pass 1 tick of time. Instead of asking for bars of whatever metal, forging reactions will ask for a "Rock" which means "glob". This is all on a 1:1 scale of exchange, and while not ideal, as you can melt a dagger down to make a cabinet, it's far better than melting one steel sword and then having steel bars supplying the remainder of your run.

As there were quite a few cooking/beverage reactions, the Farmer's menu was forked into a general task menu, another for cooking, and the last for brewing/herbalism.

The added cooking reactions are largely generic in nature. It can be said that a stew follows similar principles in any country, unlike its residents. Each food item will provide a temporary buff of 5-15% to 1-2 attributes (most often strength/endurance) for between 1-3 hours (3600-10800 ticks) and can sometimes induce a good thought. Still working out how this should be, but the rough run of it seems fine.
Note from 4/20: Removed physical/mental attribute buffs from food and drink as they were causing a small speed drop.

Tea and coffee were added as beverages. Tea is overly simplified and uses any plant or plant growth, with no processing. It goes a bit beyond the standard definition into the region of herbal teas/extracts. Leaving that as is for now.

Coffee bean processing allows you to move from seed (coffee bean) to glob (roasted bean) to powder (roasted grinds) to liquid (coffee!).

This update requires new world gen to use the new reactions. As always, feedback appreciated, whether good, bad or just weird.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 09:12:18 pm by peasant cretin »

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Peasant and Forester's Mod for 0.43.05 Vanilla Adventure Mode
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2017, 12:57:05 pm »

Unfortunate timing but I just noticed a bug. In reaction_adv_metalsmith_C_forge_advmd.txt the mail coif product has ITEM_HELM_COIF_CHAIN but in item_helm_advmd.txt it's ITEM_HELM_COIF_MAIL. So, it randomly makes a helm or cap.

Found another. In reaction_adv_clothier_silk_advmd.txt the SEW_THONG_SILK_CLOTHIER_ADVMD reaction is asking for cloth of ANY_PLANT_MATERIAL instead of ANY_SILK_MATERIAL.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 02:38:52 pm by Ziusudra »
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2017, 04:08:33 am »

Thanks for the sharp eye, Ziusudra!

Bug fixes added, new zip uploaded. No need to regen your world, just copy over the files.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2017, 05:24:45 pm »

Another bug. In reaction_adv_mason_advmd.txt in QUERN_STONECRAFTER_ADVMD the product has GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A but there is no reagent A. This results in "You practice your masonry but make nothing of note." when trying to make a quern. Should be GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:block.

Also, a suggestion: maybe the "process plant growth into plant fiber thread" (in reaction_adv_adventurer_advmd.txt) should make twine directly so that I can't then do this: "You have created a masterpiece ☼walnut tree leaf cloth☼!" (I'm assuming that the purpose of the reaction is to be able to make twine and thus straps.)

Heh, trying to make a bag out that cloth confuses the game: "You make a *walnut tree leaf chest*."

Ok, another issue. What the "grow plants" reaction produces isn't useful. I bought 5 prickle berries, brewed 4 of them, ate the 5th, and grew 2 of the 3 seeds. None of the prickle berries I got from the reaction are edible or brewable and they weigh less than real prickle berries. It's as if they are seeds without the word "seed" in their name.

I was able to get edible and brewable prickle berries from the reaction by adding the line [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:PLANT_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:STRUCTURAL] to the seed section of the [PLANT:BERRIES_PRICKLE] raw and changing the reaction product material to GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:seeds:PLANT_MAT.

But that line would have to be added to every seed. And I don't know what effect that might have on fortress mode.

In reaction_adv_glassmaker_advmd.txt PRODUCE_GLASS_GREEN_TABLE_GLASSMAKER_ADVMD and PRODUCE_GLASS_GREEN_CABINET_GLASSMAKER_ADVMD both have pearlash as a reagent even though they make green glass items.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 05:44:52 pm by Ziusudra »

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2017, 07:15:44 am »

Cheers, Ziusudra. I appreciate the bugfinding.

- Fixed the QUERN bug & removed pearlash from the green glass reactions. Also changed pearlash requirement from BAR to POWDER_MISC in keeping with 0.2.0's aim to be relatively BAR-free.

- I've changed the twine making reaction to "make twine from any plant growth" as you suggested. Some background info: twine was a holdover from when this was just a personal use mod, where you used to be able to make bow strings from twine. Back then, I didn't know how to use reaction classes. That's a recent acquisition. Maybe in the future I'll make twine a plant/inorganic item to diversify its use, as reaction classes tokens can be employed.

The move to make bow strings out of thread came from the idea to provide as many options as possible. That's also why thread can be made from PLANT_GROWTH:TWIG and its resultant cloth is viewed as wood (which is why the bag became a walnut tree leaf chest). On one hand you get more thread choices, on the other you get the ability to make weird stuff. Leaving generic thread in for now just in case someone likes it as is. If people don't like that sort of thing, it can be reconfigured to have 2 twine making reactions instead of the current one. Let me know.

- The grow plants reaction existed mainly to enable you to get skill as a grower. It just wasn't thought through properly. I've "removed it" from view, as I had no idea those grown plants couldn't be used in any way, well besides being thrown missiles. I had grown seeds into plants in a few runs, but never got around to trying to use the product once my character(s) ended up half a world away. For people who like the growing reaction, just go into the reaction_adv_farmer_C_advmd.txt and re-add the brackets to the reaction, and it'll resurface in the farmer's menu.

No need to regen the world you're in. Just copy over the files and you're good.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 08:26:24 am by peasant cretin »

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2017, 05:40:51 pm »

Made a bug fix to cooking. Roasted items were not producing ash as intended, nor were reagents being depleted. Removed the % chance of getting your skewer back for the fix. Too much interactivity caused an issue. All working now.

EDIT: Added a fix to cooked meat and fish. Once consumed they now boost toughness, as the buff to strength produced a significant speed drop.
EDIT2: Changed to buff from fish/meat to endurance. Toughness as a food buff just doesn't make any sense.

No need to regen the world you're in. Just copy over the files.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 03:08:20 pm by peasant cretin »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9