Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Peasant and Forester's Mod for Adv Mode (discontinued)  (Read 47029 times)

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
Re: The Peasant and Forester's Mod for 0.43.05 Vanilla Adventure Mode
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2017, 10:36:18 pm »

04.18.2017 - Bug fix to stone meat cleaver reaction in stonecrafter menu. Product was incorrectly referring to reagent wedge. Changed to stone.

No need to regen the world you're in. Just copy over the files.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2017, 06:48:42 pm »

I noticed boiled and stewed reactions were suffering from the same issue dealt with here for roasted reactions. The commonality was an issue with product to containers.

One of the goals for simulating cooking, aside from the resource issue of reagent consumption and having ash as a byproduct of of fuel usage, was having a product that was a series of components as opposed to being an amorphous whole. In the analog world, if you eat a stew, you're actually eating say a braised short rib and then a clump of chuck roast, not a conglomerate that's called "stew."

Unfortunately it seems aside from liquids, heterogeneous products don't quite function properly when assigned to a container (no matter what size capacity). The way to fix this was to remove some product-to-container assignment. So if you make a meat stew, the game will assign 6 units of bone broth and 4 units of gelatin to the pot, but you'll end up holding in your hands, the 2 units of braised meat and the 2 units of bone marrow. Yeah, it's weird. But it's the only way to avoid a pot containing 1 unit of each item paired with no reagent consumption.

So it's all "fixed." No need to regen the world you're in. Just copy over the files.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 06:52:50 pm by peasant cretin »

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2017, 03:46:42 pm »

Boiled food reactions simplified. They no longer need bones. New generic broth type added.
- Bug fix to bone broth reaction. Had that lingering ash/reagent issue. Numbers tweaked from 6/4 to 9/1 bone broth to gelatin.
- Flavor text change to fried meat chop and roasted meat chop.
- Fire pits and earth ovens can now be reverted to their constituent parts.
- Javelins added as alternate SPEAR weapon. Can be forged.
- Hafts had previously been indestructible. Changed made so this is no longer the case by adding a prepare & recover.
- Wooden masks can be crafted in the woodcrafter's menu.

This update requires new world gen.

Hakazaba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2017, 03:52:50 am »

Since axes use woodcutter skill and not axe skill, you cant cut down trees with them in adventure mode

Arthropleura

• Bay Watcher
  • Elven Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2017, 12:22:47 pm »

Since axes use woodcutter skill and not axe skill, you cant cut down trees with them in adventure mode

Ran into this problem as well.
We are currently three turns in, and the main hall is coated in blood, intestines and random corpses. There's a huge pile of 3000 items made of human body parts in a corner and remaining members of the staff of the museum are, as I type this, being slowly choked to death by one of our adventurers.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2017, 05:16:11 pm »

Ran into this problem as well.

Yep, I'm a blockhead. Sorry about that -_-

Anyways, made the bugfix to the zipfile.

You can, of course, just go into item_tool.txt and change the skill back to axe yourself, or download the new zip. No world regen necessary.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2017, 01:40:17 pm »

Hmmm. How'd you get pottery to work? I recall finding out that glassworking somehow works if you give a reaction class to sand, but that never worked for clay when I tried it.

Which is weird, that has been literally the only exception to the "can't ever craft using liquids or powders" bug outside of DFHack.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2017, 06:00:30 am »

Hmmm. How'd you get pottery to work? I recall finding out that glassworking somehow works if you give a reaction class to sand, but that never worked for clay when I tried it.

Which is weird, that has been literally the only exception to the "can't ever craft using liquids or powders" bug outside of DFHack.

Since I don't know what your pottery reaction looks like, here's a general/scattershot response. Hopefully useful.

Part of the fort mode/adventure mode disconnect (re:crafting) is adventure mode reactions do not recognize items in containers (a bug you once mentioned). Adventure mode reactions recognize two reagent locations: character occupied tile and hand held. However, reactions won't recognize POWDER_MISC or LIQUID_MISC if they have been dropped onto the character occupied tile, so the work around is powders and liquids need to be hand held.

Items like bars, globs and powders are multiple unit usage items; each can be used 150 times before depletion. Another part of the fort mode/adventure mode disconnect is the inability of an adventure mode reaction to draw multiple unit usage from such items. If you had a reaction that wanted 10 iron bars, the reaction would need to draw 1 unit of usage from 10 separate sets of iron bars, as opposed to pulling all 10 units out of one set of iron bars. This affects things like thread and cloth, too. It's why multiple unit usage items in adventure mode appear infinite.

For a pottery reaction to work, your character needs to hold the clay/soil item (which is POWDER_MISC) in their hand, and the reaction can only ask for a single unit of usage, otherwise it ends up not working at all.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2017, 06:08:44 pm »

Yeah, I'm aware of the issue where bars, powders, etc can't handle product dimensions sanely. That's why I have to set Adventurecraft reactions to produce and consume single units for anything that has a product size.

But...huh. They work right if used in the hand? Thing is I thought I tested modding handfuls of clay to be usable, and they didn't work. Which is why I was so surprised that handfuls of SAND work. The same method worked for sand but not clay. Bsically, give the specific materials a REACTION_CLASS, and have the reaction ask for 1 POWDER_MISC of that reaction class. For me it worked with sand, but only sand, and I still have no idea why.

That said, I haven't added glassmaking to Adventurecraft, because a handful of sand is usable 150 times. Sorta consistent with how infinite sand is in fort mode, but consistent in the wrong way.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2017, 05:59:11 pm »

Yeah, I'm aware of the issue where bars, powders, etc can't handle product dimensions sanely. That's why I have to set Adventurecraft reactions to produce and consume single units for anything that has a product size.

But...huh. They work right if used in the hand? Thing is I thought I tested modding handfuls of clay to be usable, and they didn't work. Which is why I was so surprised that handfuls of SAND work. The same method worked for sand but not clay. Bsically, give the specific materials a REACTION_CLASS, and have the reaction ask for 1 POWDER_MISC of that reaction class. For me it worked with sand, but only sand, and I still have no idea why.

That said, I haven't added glassmaking to Adventurecraft, because a handful of sand is usable 150 times. Sorta consistent with how infinite sand is in fort mode, but consistent in the wrong way.

It may seem redundant, but you could add in a reaction where any sand = custom inorganic sand product with product dimension = 1, item token as GLOB/BAR, thus controlling unit usage. Powders and liquids remain exploitable and infinite once dropped on the ground, irrespective of making PD=1. For me, I'm leaving that as is regarding my glass reactions.

As an uneducated tea drinker, I've been working on a simplified tea expansion after reading about Button's Brainstorm: Hard Brewing Mod. This is pretty much how I began messing around with product dimension sizing and found that bars and globs are cooperative when wrangling resource equivalent exchange.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2017, 06:17:33 pm »

Hmm. That doesn't really change the exploitability of it, so for now I don't think I'd be up to add it

One side note on bars though, metal bars are wonderfully heavy even with a product dimension of 1, suggesting it treats all material-dimension items as having a fixed item size, regardless of product dimension.

Since this means you're better of keeping any items you want to make scrap metal out of and breaking it down later, that sorta further encouraged me to shift the metalworking reactions to the carpenter's workshop.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2017, 06:29:34 pm »

The powder thing can't be helped, but since it involves a fairly (to me) neutral thing being glass items, I say eh, why not?

Yeah side note-wise, for that reason I don't use bars in anything.

My smelting reaction is any metal item is smelted into LIQUID_MISC, which after 1 tick due to temp differences, hardens into a single unit of whatever metal, in spite of the PD=150. From my limited knowledge modding POV, it was just happenstance that molten metal cools into a 1 unit glob due to temp. The 1 unit glob is still kinda heavy tho.

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:SMELT_FURNACE_ADVMD]
[NAME:smelt any metal item into molten metal]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[REAGENT:blast furnace:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_FURNACE_BLAST:NONE:NONE][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[REAGENT:A:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][METAL_ITEM_MATERIAL]
[REAGENT:B:1:ROCK:NONE:INORGANIC:COAL_CLUMP:NO_MATGLOSS]
[REAGENT:C:2:GLOVES:NONE:NONE:NONE][ANY_LEATHER_MATERIAL][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[PRODUCT:100:1:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[SKILL:SMELT]
[CATEGORY:ADVMD_SMELT]

It works rather nicely so there isn't the 150 bars. Really didn't like the metal down a steel item, get 150 chances to forge w/steel.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 06:57:48 pm by peasant cretin »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2017, 07:00:07 pm »

My original fix for most product-dimension items was simply to add tools instead, things like "crude thread" and "chunks of scrap" and such. Eventually I went with them anyway, because eh. Felt weird to me. I still use it for flour though because of the powder weirdness.

Big issue with it is that found cloth, thread, etc is exploitable as fuck, but I'd felt like it was better than being utterly unable to use them.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2017, 08:09:34 pm »

Instead of them being hardcoded/hidden, I wish Toady included RAWs for things like glob/bar/cloth/thread, etc so we could tinker with the default product dimensions.

But yeah, all sorts of things are exploitable AF ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ it's all a YMMV.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2017, 08:19:05 pm »

Yet more I wish I could fiddle with, yeah. Like gauntlets not being producible correctly in reactions, helms not being able to cover the neck or face, the cannibalism bug, etc. Oh well.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9