Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Peasant and Forester's Mod for Adv Mode (discontinued)  (Read 47215 times)

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
Re: The Peasant and Forester's Mod for 0.43.05 Vanilla Adventure Mode
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2017, 12:47:31 am »

Ok. I suppose stone pick with salt will not work. The problem is, that I wanted to start as an outsider and use nothing but stuff I made. But it appears I will need to use at least a metal pick from someone else.

Edit: Not that I have salt.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2017, 12:02:29 pm »

I'd suggest going into the raws, finding this file: reaction_adv_miner_advmd.txt

Then deleting METAL_ITEM_MATERIAL from the first reaction:
Code: [Select]
[REACTION:MAKE_ROCK_BLOCKS_ADVMD]
[NAME:mine rock blocks]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[REAGENT:pick:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_PICK:NONE:NONE]*****[METAL_ITEM_MATERIAL]*****
[PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[REAGENT:A:1:ROCK:NONE:NONE:NONE][WORTHLESS_STONE_ONLY]
[PRODUCT:80:1:BLOCKS:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
[PRODUCT:20:1:POWDER_MISC:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:1]
[SKILL:MINING]
[CATEGORY:ADVMD_MINER_ADVMD]
[CATEGORY_NAME:Miner]
[CATEGORY_DESCRIPTION:Mine rock.]

This way you can use a pick of any material to mine rock. It's a change I'll make for the next release as it's pretty troublesome to go searching for a metal pick or having to go through quite a few contortions trading a miner for his/her pick.

So yeah, you should always feel free to tweak a mod you're using to suit your own game play needs.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2017, 01:19:20 pm »

Note that in real life, picks using antler tines were a thing that cropped up before metallurgy was developed, so that might be one option for a recipe to add. Whether it be horns/antlers only, or just a generic bone option.

If adventure-mode mining ever becomes a thing in vanilla DF, I'll likely add that to Adventurecraft.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2017, 01:34:57 pm »

There is also the problem, that there is no recipe for leather gloves. At least in the leatherworker.

I borrowed an iron pick and now I have blast furnace and wood furnace, but I will not be able to use the blast furnace, because I can not make leather gloves.

I know it is hard to make it create gloves for both hands, rather than 2 random gloves (possibly for the same hand). So why not make it so, that you just need 2 pieces of leather, which will not be consumed?
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2017, 03:16:43 pm »

There is also the problem, that there is no recipe for leather gloves. At least in the leatherworker.

Modded-in reactions for gloves/gauntlets are bork, old bug. Same reason my mods lack the same thing.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2017, 03:59:38 pm »

09.08.2017 - Quality of Life Update 0.3.3c
09.08.2017 - Removed METAL_ITEM_MATERIAL from mining reactions. You can now use stone picks for everything.
09.08.2017 - Given the good suggestion by Mattel Mathel, switched the requirement for 2 pairs of leather gloves for all metal and glass reactions to requiring just a single non-specific item of leather material. This also affects arrow and bolt crafting as well as smelting.

No world regen necessary.

@Mathel, those fixes are in as your feedback raised significant concerns about ease of use.

@Random_Dragon, once the artifact release comes out, I'll include pick creation in bone carving. I'll likely leave in stone picks just for variation.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 03:52:41 pm by peasant cretin »

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2017, 11:49:00 pm »

Thank you. Just 1 thing. I am Mathel the dwarven steelclad (If anyone plays Wesnoth). Not Mattel the Barbie maker.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 09, 2017, 02:21:54 am »

Pffft.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 09, 2017, 03:55:23 pm »

Thank you. Just 1 thing. I am Mathel the dwarven steelclad (If anyone plays Wesnoth). Not Mattel the Barbie maker.

Apologies, Mathel.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 10, 2017, 02:21:30 am »

Apology accepted.

Also a bug report.
When you melt a metal item in rain, the rain washes away the molten metal.
I went and melted 2 pairs of goblin chain leggings in rain and got nothing out of it.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 10, 2017, 03:17:39 pm »

That's working as intended. All liquids and powders (LIQUID_MISC, POWDER_MISC) get washed away by rain.

Your iron chain leggings when smelted, become "a molten iron" (LIQUID_MISC) and will in 1 tick, become "a iron" (GLOB). But because it's raining, it gets washed away.

You need to smelt in either good weather or indoors.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 11, 2017, 01:17:00 am »

I realised that the rain did that as intended by Toady One. I did not realise it was intended by you. If it is, then OK.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 14, 2017, 04:20:10 am »

Ok. Another bug report.

When making metal furniture, it asks for any tool, rather than a blast furnace.

Spoiler: image (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: code (click to show/hide)

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 14, 2017, 06:51:32 pm »

@Mathel, much thanks for the catch!

09.14.2017 - Quality of Life Update 0.3.3d
09.14.2017 - Swapped out LIQUID_MISC for GLOB in smelting reaction. The flavor of molten metal as an intermediate state, which I still like, was outweighed by ease of use as some or many may wish to smelt in the rain.
09.14.2017 - Bugfix to forging furniture reaction. It'll now ask for the blast furnace.

No world regen necessary.

SaD-82

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 02, 2017, 08:10:51 pm »

I was able to get edible and brewable prickle berries from the reaction by adding the line [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:PLANT_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:STRUCTURAL] to the seed section of the [PLANT:BERRIES_PRICKLE] raw and changing the reaction product material to GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:seeds:PLANT_MAT.

But that line would have to be added to every seed. And I don't know what effect that might have on fortress mode.

I don't want to bother you, but the farming reaction was something I was looking for - therefore I'm cautios too, concerning the changed base-raws of the plants. In this regard I'm very curious if you've tested in the meantime in fortress mode whether these changes might lead to unwanted problems?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9