Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Peasant and Forester's Mod for Adv Mode (discontinued)  (Read 47035 times)

Eddyskingdom

• Escaped Lunatic
  • it's modding time
    • View Profile
Re: The Peasant and Forester's Mod for 0.43.05 Vanilla Adventure Mode
« Reply #75 on: May 23, 2018, 09:44:26 am »

i'm trying to take dis mod over from him becouse he hase not workt on it for a will so here is the link to the update virsion and ter will be a other from soon
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13779

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2018, 07:56:03 pm »

Sorry about being MIA for a bit. Made most of the upgrades last mentioned in what's going on in your modding thread back in February.

Might have a release this weekend.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 24, 2018, 07:58:48 pm »

i'm trying to take dis mod over from him becouse he hase not workt on it for a will so here is the link to the update virsion and ter will be a other from soon
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13779

You are (or anyone's) more than welcome to fork off of the old version based on 43.05. And if you wait you could fork off of the upcoming 44.10 version that has more stuff.

Eddyskingdom

• Escaped Lunatic
  • it's modding time
    • View Profile
The Peasant and Forester's Mod for 0.43.05 Vanilla
« Reply #78 on: May 25, 2018, 01:42:24 pm »

Interesting wen you start a fortress it can sometimes happen that you can only make stander one's armor or the spacial one's and they will replace the stander armor types like for me insted of having breastplate i got scald armor
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 03:18:01 pm by Eddyskingdom »

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
Re: Peasant and Forester's Mod for 0.44.11 Adventure Mode
« Reply #79 on: June 24, 2018, 01:07:21 pm »

06.24.2018 - Archer-Ranger—Baker—Critter Update
Archer-Ranger stuff:
06.24.2018 - Birds (at/around 1000 size) such as ducks, keas(!), & whatnot were increased to 1700 size and made butcherable. They will drop an appropriate material feather. These non-giant bird flocks have gameskeeper value.
06.24.2018 - Any creature w/ an insulation token will drop fur, if it's large enough. Being able to drop fur makes trapping kind of a thing your character can do now.
06.24.2018 - Fletchings for metal, stone and bone missiles are now made from feathers. Plant based fletchings were kept and relocated to the woodcrafter's menu for use with wooden missiles as a vegetarian-oriented characters may wish to opt out of omnivorous ranged-weapon gameplay.
06.24.2018 - Changed MAX_EDGE on wood from the vanilla DF default 1k to 5k, and bone & stone from the vanilla DF default 1k to 7.5k. Subterranean animal people will be enjoy a slight buff as they use wood, and outsiders can Princess Mononoke with better success if they want to shed their starting copper for a more primitive setup. Naturally, archer-rangers can, in many, cases skip metal arrows/bolts to local-travel lighter and produce more edged damage deaths when hunting the wilds.
06.24.2018 - Renamed the default vanilla bow to "war bow" for differentiation, as I added in a tool called a "hunting bow" which is a bit weaker and will train observer, a non-unit changing combat skill. Any civvies you've armed with a hunting bow stay civilian—I'd rather keep my recruited hunter as a hunter, not a bowman.
06.24.2018 - Added another launcher variant: the sling. It can be crafted under the clothesmaking(plant & wool) or leatherworker menus. Ammo is crafted under stonecrafter's. Will train thrower, a non-unit changing combat skill. It has an upgrade called the staff sling which can be constructed under the woodcrafter's menu.

Baker stuff:
06.24.2018 - Added bread, dumplings and pies to the cooking menu. Comes in both meat-filled and plant-based varieties. Not all plants can be ground to flour.

Misc. stuff:
06.24.2018 - Added facial hair to outsiders: dwarf, elf, goblin & human outsider males now have description-visible sideburns, mustaches, and beards.
06.24.2018 - Added more diversity to pick material as bonecarvers can make bone picks.
06.24.2018 - Added girdles. Offers lower body coverage and little else. Only has armor levels if leather, padded, or metal. Otherwise, it's just a bellyband.

Critter stuff:
06.24.2018 - Made dark & mountain gnomes playable as outsiders.
06.24.2018 - Added halflings. They're as agile as elves and kobolds and @30K size may have Small Profiles when standing for Visual Stealth. Usable in Adventure Mode as outsiders.

Optional Animal Pack Add-on:
06.24.2018 - Upgraded several animal predator varieties. An interesting addition to the local/slow-travel oriented game. Perhaps less so for the fast-travel game as ambush triggers are based on world map tile.

You'll need to generate a new world to activate the reactions. Hopefully there aren't too many bugs >_>
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 07:01:21 pm by peasant cretin »

Blaze_1711

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 26, 2018, 09:57:40 am »

Some suggestions for future updates:

• Generic salad/soup/stew. Currently you need a specific set of plants, which can be kind of hard to acquire;
  • Poison crafting (in alchemy maybe?) and poison arrow/bolt coating. Maybe use some plants to make poison, requiring a flask too;
  • Item decoration. Both using gems/teeth/bone/horn/stone/leather/cloth and using engravings. Would be cool;
  • Try to (may be impossible) make mining yeld, possibly, little chunks of metals/gems - to be used in smelting and gem setting. Maybe add a 1%-3% chance of a mined rock containing a mineral/gem piece/dusting. Collect enough and you can meld them together into a bar or something;
  • Maybe eventually add some "magical"/"ritual" reactions. Sacrifice a specific item/item type and you get a small buff (syndrome?);
  • Maybe add an item (food?) that adds a syndrome which turns an animal friendly. I've read something like this was being experimented on a while ago to try and make animals have SPEECH. Could be useful.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 10:01:06 am by Blaze_1711 »

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 30, 2018, 10:31:34 am »

Some suggestions for future updates:

• Generic salad/soup/stew. Currently you need a specific set of plants, which can be kind of hard to acquire;
  • Poison crafting (in alchemy maybe?) and poison arrow/bolt coating. Maybe use some plants to make poison, requiring a flask too;
  • Item decoration. Both using gems/teeth/bone/horn/stone/leather/cloth and using engravings. Would be cool;
  • Try to (may be impossible) make mining yeld, possibly, little chunks of metals/gems - to be used in smelting and gem setting. Maybe add a 1%-3% chance of a mined rock containing a mineral/gem piece/dusting. Collect enough and you can meld them together into a bar or something;
  • Maybe eventually add some "magical"/"ritual" reactions. Sacrifice a specific item/item type and you get a small buff (syndrome?);
  • Maybe add an item (food?) that adds a syndrome which turns an animal friendly. I've read something like this was being experimented on a while ago to try and make animals have SPEECH. Could be useful.

For generic plant product soup/salad: I can def do a minor update requiring no world regen for the generic plant salad and plant stock as I've left open entries in the raws for stuff like this. Will update that later today.

Meat stock (made with any meat item) or bone stock (made with any bone item) are the single ingredient generic animal product soups.

Regarding stews: they're not just defined by duration of cooking at low temp, but also by ingredient variety, which is why the closest thing to a generic meat stew is the boiled meat reaction. As there's no generic boiled plant reaction, I'll add one for today's minor update.

Of other stuff requiring new world gen:
-The mining thing is workable and opens up the gem industry. Will do this the the future.
-Don't know anything about poison, but will have a look, as it feels archer-rangery.

Largely speaking, I try to avoid stuff that I think is too much in the territory of Wanderer or Adventurecraft.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 30, 2018, 01:24:50 pm »

Generic plant salad, soup and stew are in. No world regen is necessary.
Note: for those who have added files from the Animal Pack, be sure to re-add those files to your copied-over objects folder.

-------------------
Also received permission from Sver of DF Combat Reworked (update v1.3.1) to work in weapon sets for ranged units for P&F. So that's something for the immediate future.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 02, 2018, 03:44:54 pm »

Just an update:
Minor mining & gemcutting/setting is in
Soap use added
Weapon sets added
Fuel side effects = fire
Herbalists now make chocolate...

...and that brings us to clean up and some overhaul for cooking. Hopefully a new version will be out on Sat/Sun.

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 08, 2018, 01:46:57 pm »

any chance you can throw us an update?
o̗͕̘̯͈̺r̬e̶̻̗̲̹m͎̘̹͓̦̼̟͝o͕̮̦R͇̥̻̭͟ ̕ņ̗h̪̰̱o̢J͚̬̲ ̧͍̫̜̲͔̺é̤̩̫m̗͍̘̟͖͠ l͇̫̪͖͓̰͝l̕i̮k̻͈̺̱̗ ͙̱̠̥̳̱̘t҉̪s̢͈u͙͉̘̮͘m̳̜̞̳̞̝ ̴͖̠̖̤͕̱u̱̬͚̗͍͞o̢y̴ ̶͚̝̳͇̞e̢̠m̥̤̳̙̣̙̭͢a͚̳̞͉̭g ̛͙e̤̫͉̜͉͘h̗̘̱̤͚͘t̜̺͕ ̴͙͍͉̮̯ņ̘͉̼͓̲ͅi̜̻̰̫̘̠͕w̧̲̘ ̧͔̯o̱̳̘T̗͖

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 24, 2018, 07:31:17 pm »

any chance you can throw us an update?
Judging by the DF change-list and that the only raw file change was:
Code: [Select]

Auxiliary file changes for 0.44.12

plant_new_trees
                updated credit information

There is nothing to update and the current mod version works equally well for 0.44.11 and 0.44.12.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Blaze_1711

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 25, 2018, 09:05:26 am »

Just wanted to say I'm watching this mod closely and I really appreciate your work on it!

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 28, 2018, 05:11:45 pm »

Just wanted to say I'm watching this mod closely and I really appreciate your work on it!

Much thanks!

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 28, 2018, 05:15:26 pm »

08.28.2018 - The Hobbit Lifestyle Update 0.5.0

FOOD: In keeping with the concern that the main reactions menu never scrolls beyond two pages, Cooking has been compressed into 3 sub-menus: grain, meat, and plant-based.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Last version of P&F, grain was at the mercy of RNG bagged stockpiles of flour in town markets. As plants can't be gathered from farming/garden plots in Adventure Mode, seasonal plant growths (adhering vanilla growth times) were introduced for grain crop and are available by using the (g)et command. Plants like Hemp or the Amaranth group produce "inflorescences" during the late spring, while "ear(s) of" (wheat, maize, rice, etc) appear toward the end of summer's first month. Using a 2-handed flail (crafted under the woodcrafter menu) you can thresh any ear/inflorescence into seeds which can be directly used for porridge, or ground into flour for things like bread, noodles, and pastry.

Meat-based foodstuffs received little change beyond the addition of egg and cheese reactions.

Plant-based foodstuffs were updated with additional soups, jam making, the inheritance of the vinegar menu, and oil pressing. While there are a variety of seeds/fruit that can be pressed into oil, only the following have REACTION_CLASS:COOKING_OIL:

almond (considered a seed)
coconut (considered a seed)
hazelnut (considered a seed)
olive (considered a fruit)
peanut (considered a seed)
walnut (considered a seed)
This is for making pastry dough which requires REACTION_CLASS:FAT, so characters with vegetarian-playstyles don't need to use anything animal.

All foodstuffs have entries for generic recipes. Generics involve anything likely found anywhere like plump helmets (the solitary workhorse ingredient/P&F's standard gruel item) and allow for easy production. While grain seeds can be milled into a flour of specific type, the generic unleavened dough recipe converts any variety of flour into its generic product which can be used for other generics like flatbread, noodles of differing shapes, some dumplings, and pastry dough. For porridge eaters who may have a grain that doesn't fit the type required for specific porridges, look no further than the mystery entry which will take ANY_CEREAL_GRAIN seed item. Hopefully this was done serviceably and makes for ease of use.

Herbalism has chocolate making. So as long as you've got sweet pods (millable into dwarven sugar in the Farmer's Menu) and cacao beans, you've got chocolate. As with many other vanilla plant growths, sweet pods are pickable during the end of summer's first month.

SOAP: Soap usage in Adv Mode! While you could always make soap globs (under Farmer Menu), it was useless. Now you can now wash with it. Dropped soap solid density from 500 to 100, just so we can have bars of soap again and not globs of soap. Each bar has 25 uses.

Included in the Farmer menu are washing instructions.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The first part is being exposed to (rolling around in) the soapy water from the reaction. The second part uses the self-cleaning interaction borrowed from the cat raws, and given to dwarf/human/elf/gobbo/gorlak/gremlin/gnome/halfling. Notification in your character's description for self-cleaning is immediate: some thought/feeling "after a bath." It takes 50 ticks for the soapy water to have noted effect, "relieved due to being in soapy water."

Perhaps the combination of soapy water + self-cleaning, with frequent usage, will reduce your character's "dirtiness level" enough to lower infection rate from flesh wounds. While companions can self-clean, their only skin contact/access to soapy water might come through creative use of campsite building; a manual version of a Fort Mode shower set up.

WEAPON SETS: These were borrowed with permission from Sver. Crossbow is the ranged weapon assigned (via hardcode skill token RANGED:CROSSBOW:BOLT) to the profession hunter specifically, and to all other civilian professions randomly, so I've oriented NPC generated crossbow sets around the ranger/forester theme. Ranged weapon have two skill tokens, one for ranged and one for melee. In each set, a civilian profession skill was assigned for melee to keep your military profession ranged unit (crossbowperson) a ranged unit. Bow pairings followed a similar path, but not always, as on occasion you might want the ranged unit to evolve into a melee unit:

hand axe + crossbow (SKILL:DISSECT_VERMIN)
large knife + crossbow (SKILL:TRAPPING)
short sword + crossbow (SKILL:SNEAK)
spear + crossbow (SKILL:SNEAK)
spear + bow (SKILL:SNEAK)
axe + bow (SKILL:WOODCUTTING)
short sword + bow (SKILL:SWORD)
large axe + bow (SKILL:AXE)

You can also build weapon sets using non-decorated weapons (so as to avoid destruction of artifacts) to produce specific civilian/military profession change, or in some cases, no change. A recruited civilian NPC, after the brief 17 shots required to go from zero skill to novice skill, will turn military ranged unit. This may not be what you want. For these sets, the ranged skill attached trains observer, not the usual bow/crossbow. Sometimes you might want that peasant guarding/loitering about your site to remain a peasant. And when change is desired, sometimes you may want your recruited domesticated civilian to eventually adopt a profession more suited to the wilds. Be forewarned, going military cannot be reversed in Adv Mode IIRC:

- - - No profession change - - -
Peasant = club + bow/crossbow (SKILL:MISC_WEAPON)
- - - Civilian profession change - - -
Animal dissector = hand axe + crossbow (SKILL:DISSECT_VERMIN)
Hunter = spear + bow/crossbow (SKILL:SNEAK)
Trapper = large knife + bow/crossbow (SKILL:TRAPPING)
Wood burner = maul + bow/crossbow (SKILL:WOOD_BURNING)
Woodcutter = axe + bow (SKILL:WOODCUTTING)
- - - Military profession pairing - - -
Mace/ranged unit = mace + bow/crossbow (SKILL:MACE)
Sword/ranged unit = sword + bow/crossbow (SKILL:SWORD)

Unit change for military is based on usage. If the unit shoots more, they'll be ranged. If you have them melee more, they'll be melee. Easily regulated by how much ammo you give them. World-gen weapon sets appears as "weapon/launcher", whereas player created sets appear as "weapon and launcher" to help distinguish between the two. The military pairings (both world-gen and player) are aimed at giving the shield wielding unit, ranged capacity.

EDIT: 03.01.2019 Weapon set clean up detailed here.

PIKE: All pike skill units (haftmen) received the power upgrade they always needed. Vanilla pikemen were the most ineffective melee unit as their weapon provided no advantage (weapons do not negotiate distance; there's only contact area, penetration size, and standard 3:3 prepare:recover) and only defensive penalties (parry doesn't work vs natural attacks; and they carried no shield meaning they can only dodge that bite, or OP scratch). I did have pikes at 2:2 prepare:recover a while back and this did help, but not quite enough.

Most P&F polearms have a 2:3 prepare recover paired with ATTACK_FLAG_INDEPENDENT_MULTIATTACK to simulate fending off at distance or more accurately, they are about timing control. Stab upgrades to 1.5k velocity. Any weapon with a 2k velocity moved from 3:3 prepare recover to a 3:4 to offset their better force generation. Any weapon with a 2.5k velocity is 4:4. Drawn from MyArmoury.com readings re:hafted weapons.

DAGGERS, KNIVES & OTHER CUTLERY (contact area/penetration size changes): While not used in this mod, I recall reading that Grimlocke had once sorted the issue with swords and spears severing significant appendages via STAB attack by dropping contact areas (50 for swds/20 for sprs) to 17. Slashing/hacking attack contact areas simulate the length of the blade, meaning the only other variable to muck around with is penetration size. For smaller knives, I dropped penetration size to 100, and for larger daggers/knives & hand axes, a drop to 200. This resulted in edged slashes/hacks causing damage, but no hewing/chopping and things flying off in arcs. The large copper dagger (all adventurers start with) is no longer much better than any non-steel short sword. All shorts swords of whatever material can now feel a bit more free and valued by their owners.

FUEL: All wood is recognized as fuel. If you're lazy like me, you can simply use a branch---as that's easiest on light, slow travel needs; and requires no processing like peat to peat clumps, or logs to firewood/coal rocks. During any reaction requiring fuel use, the previous byproduct debris item was a unit of ash. This has been changed to "embers". Embers will be placed inside the heat repository device (fire pit/furnace/kiln) in use. Embers will !!ignite!! after 1 tick, and are set to wood's heat damage which means: 11 ticks = 1st sign of damage !!x!!, 22 ticks = !!X!!, 33 ticks = !!XX!!, by tick 43, the embers have gone out. During their time on !!fire!! they can cause the heat repository device (fire pit/furnace/kiln) to set the surrounding/adjacent 8 tiles on fire. Choose the location of your fire pit/furnace/kiln appropriately. note: 1/6/2019 EDIT => reverted back to ash as byproduct
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 01:47:48 am by peasant cretin »

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 29, 2018, 05:20:24 pm »

-Don't know anything about poison, but will have a look, as it feels archer-rangery.

I'm definitely one of those who wants to be able to use poison. If I can't get it from this mod, I'll have to use or incorporate it from a different mod.

Largely speaking, I try to avoid stuff that I think is too much in the territory of Wanderer or Adventurecraft.

That is something I was going to ask - about overlap with Adventurecraft - before finding this post. But, could this be elaborated on? If someone has tried using this alongside Adventurecraft: How much do they conflict? How difficult might it be to get them to work together?

Interestingly, it sounds like this mod is more in the spirit of Wanderer and Adventurecraft than current Adventurecraft, considering how the latter has expanded to include a lot of Material Tweaks, Creature Tweaks, New Creatures and Civilization Tweaks, which hardly seem related to crafting in Adventure Mode.

(BTW: I am glad that you made your Animal Pack Add-on as a separate add-on/download. Though, I wish you'd be more specific about what it does and what changes it makes. Without knowing what it does, I'm not tempted to use it.)

As such: If Peasant and Forester's Mod covered most of the stuff Wanderer/Adventurecraft used to (including the use of poison) - before it greatly expanded to change other aspects of the game - then I'd be tempted to use this instead of Adventurecraft.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 05:49:01 pm by Thundercraft »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9