Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: Peasant and Forester's Mod for Adv Mode (discontinued)  (Read 47024 times)

charcharmunro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Peasant and Forester's Mod for 0.43.05 Vanilla Adventure Mode
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2017, 08:20:07 am »

Am I just doing something horribly wrong when it comes to cooking? Because it seems like the game just flat-out doesn't recognise meat as existing when it comes to cooking. Is there something I'm supposed to do with it beforehand, or is it just wonky? Because the screen asking for unrotten butchered meat is always empty on choices, even when I'm standing over a freshly-butchered dragon.

Also, I notice a couple of things still refer to bars that should (I assume) just be globs, such as the 25 arrowheads or... Glazing in general. Also, also, making a metal meat cleaver seems to inexplicably make a pestle instead?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 01:40:58 pm by charcharmunro »

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2017, 06:03:24 pm »

Am I just doing something horribly wrong when it comes to cooking? Because it seems like the game just flat-out doesn't recognise meat as existing when it comes to cooking. Is there something I'm supposed to do with it beforehand, or is it just wonky? Because the screen asking for unrotten butchered meat is always empty on choices, even when I'm standing over a freshly-butchered dragon.

Also, I notice a couple of things still refer to bars that should (I assume) just be globs, such as the 25 arrowheads or... Glazing in general. Also, also, making a metal meat cleaver seems to inexplicably make a pestle instead?

Globs as a default unit weren't part of the version you're using.

Last few adventure runs on the version you have, my characters did a fair amount of boiling meat, so the reaction class did work for boiling. Though I suspect when reaction classes fail to recognize the item it's a problem with the item token I assigned. So I'm going to assume you were fine, but I messed up the reaction. Anyways, there's a new version out.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2017, 06:09:43 pm »

06.25.2017 - This is a Trader's Update v0.3.0
06.25.2017 - Miner reaction added. Rock blocks and salt "blocks" require a pick to mine. Rock blocks require a metal pick, but salt "blocks" allow for any pick type. Stone picks can be crafted under the stonecrafter's menu.
06.25.2017 - Salt is introduced. Under the cook and miner menus, it can be "mined" off rock salt pebbles as "blocks" (% chance of making a salt block, % chance of just getting 1 use powder), or found as a soil in some deserts. Each salt "block" is worth 75 value and can be ground either into coarse ground salt with 50 unit use (PRODUCT_DIMENSION:50), also a 75 value, or into 25 salt "coins" each worth 3 value. As these aren't true coins they can't be stacked. Each salt coin can be crushed into salt, with 2 unit use (PRODUCT_DIMENSION:2).
06.25.2017 - Expanded cooking reactions as a result of salt. Several types of vinegar were added and a fair portion of recipes were made ingredient specific.
06.25.2017 - Expanded tea reactions. After reading through a few forum threads where Button pointed out distinctions between what constitutes tea versus herbal tea. Tea leaves can be processed into green, white, black and fermented teas. 3 of the 4 have both a brick form as well as a loose form. Bricks have higher value (70f, 60b, 50g) than loose tea (all 40).
06.25.2017 - Tweaked coffee to somewhat mimic tea. Mounds of any type coffee bean have a 50 value, and 50 unit use (PRODUCT_DIMENSION:50).
06.25.2017 - Added 2 types of jars. Standard size can store 5 solid units, large 20 units. Jars can be made from stone, clay, glass and metal.
06.25.2017 - Overhauled shields. There are still the metal, bone and plant material shields. The new addition is leather shields, mainly for that special time when a titan or forgotten beast yields a skin.
06.25.2017 - Added stone anvils. Anvils now required for metalsmithing reactions. You can make the initial anvil from stone under the mason's menu.
06.25.2017 - Tridents added to train fishing skill. Not all that different from the pick wielding "miner" who's never interacted with rock.
06.25.2017 - Added in adamantine's Tolkienish doppelgaenger, mithril.
06.25.2017 - Added "locked chests", a tool item, which may occasionally populate mead halls/camps/tombs. Like all tool items, somewhat rare, with potentially a less than Monty Haul rare drops @2% likelihood. We should all blame Bilbo for this.

This update requires new world gen.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 06:25:28 am by peasant cretin »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2017, 06:12:01 pm »

Hmm. Fake mining on pebbles? Odd idea, but interesting. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2017, 08:06:47 pm »

Yep, fake mining to work with fake trade since it's just a bit of make believe. Trade is fake as in once you trade items at a fortress trade depot, those items will lose their $ownership$ tags once you offload the site. Likely another vanilla mode offload bug.

charcharmunro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2017, 10:14:40 am »

...Well, this is a highly amusing not-really-an-issue. Piles of tea leaves are considered as metal "rock" items for crafting. So you can make weapons out of leaves. They're worse than weapons made of wood, but it's still funny.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 10:18:59 am by charcharmunro »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2017, 11:39:44 am »

Oh, that's...what. How. Tea leaves were set to be converted into ROCKS somehow? Not sure why plant growth couldn't be used... >.o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2017, 05:25:15 pm »

That's weird.

Piles of unprocessed/semi-processed leaves are plants under plant_tea_leaves_advmd.txt but when they reach their finished form as a pile of loose "whatever type" tea leaves, they are inorganic items using the leaf template in inorganic_loose_tea_advmd.txt and those piles kinda had to be inorganic to be given the item token glob to have the right names and the product dimensions.

So took a look. Okay, it seems for forging, those globs there were missing the METAL_ITEM_MATERIAL token, which is why they were taking any glob.

Having some spotty internet, so am not able to upload the new file as of yet.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2017, 08:08:56 am »

Okay, new zip uploaded with the following fixes:

06.27.2017 - Bug fix to forging. Forging-realted globs there were missing the METAL_ITEM_MATERIAL token. It's been fixed.
06.27.2017 - Bug fix to bowyering. In the switch from thread to twine use, some products still referred to thread. Fixed as well.
06.27.2017 - Tinkered with values for cooked food like stews and salted meats just so they have decent value.
06.28.2017 - Had to tinker with salt as not all REACTION_CLASS:SALT items were registering properly. Salt, whether 50 use or 1 use is now a powder. Hills of salt replaced with coarse ground salt.

No need to regen. Just copy over the files.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 06:26:40 am by peasant cretin »

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2017, 06:26:18 am »

06.30.2017 - Noticed something was off with peat clumps. They are REACTION_CLASS:FUEL, but this was not being recognized. Fixed the peat clump reactions in both farmer & adventurer's menu so they work again.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2017, 08:33:17 am »

07.07.2017 - Quality of Life Update 0.3.3: Trying to make slow travel lighter, easier, and faster.
07.07.2017 - Tweaked numbers for cooking. Some things needed batches. Why do a reaction more times when you could do it less?
07.07.2017 - Replaced the 20 use GLOB item "pile of salted meat" with a single use GLOB item called "salted meat." 20 units of whatever animal meat weigh 42r. Once salted, this becomes 20 units of salted meat at a weight of 12r. 12r is still heavy, of course.
07.07.2017 - Side of bacon went from being a 20 use GLOB item to a 5 use GLOB item. When you cook bacon you'll get 4 fried bacon. Before you'd only get 1 and you'd need to cook 20 times to deplete the side. I think this makes cooking while traveling less of a pain.
07.07.2017 - Some reactions like boiled meat which used to require a 1:1 are now 4:4. The ingredient specific recipes went from a 4 item product to 8. Same benefits as bacon.
[/i]

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2017, 09:35:20 am »

07.15.2017 - Bugfix to salted meat. Reaction was only making 1 when it should have been making 20. Sorry about that. No world regen necessary. Just copy over the files.

For those of you who are more enterprising, instead of DL/replace, go to reaction_adv_cook_C_fish_meat_advmd.txt and change the ***1*** to 20:
Code: [Select]
[REACTION:ADV_COOK_C1_0002_COOK_ADVMD]
[NAME:salt and preserve meat]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[REAGENT:A:20:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:MEAT]
[REAGENT:B:1:POWDER_MISC:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:SALT]
[PRODUCT:100:***1***:GLOB:NONE:INORGANIC:INORGANIC_CURED_0002:MUSCLE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:1]
[SKILL:BUTCHER]
[CATEGORY:ADV_COOK_C_ADVMD]

Again, sorry for the oversight.

Kazymir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2017, 12:50:30 pm »

Posting to keep an eye on this.
We must not look at Goblin Men
We must not buy their fruits
Who knows upon what soil they've fed
Their hungry, thirsty roots?

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2017, 09:26:06 am »

I could not find the reaction, that turns stones and dirt into blocks.

But there is a crazy reaction in masonry, that turns blocks and dirt into wood.

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:MAKE_BLOCK_LOGS_ADVMD]
[NAME:make block logs]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[REAGENT:A:1:BLOCKS:NONE:NONE:NONE][WORTHLESS_STONE_ONLY]
[REAGENT:B:1:POWDER_MISC:NONE:NONE:SOIL][DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[PRODUCT:100:1:WOOD:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
[SKILL:MASONRY]
[CATEGORY:ADVMD_STONEWORKER_ADVMD]
[CATEGORY_NAME:Mason]
[CATEGORY_DESCRIPTION:Work with stone.]

This is the first reaction in masonry.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 07, 2017, 10:44:56 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The reaction that turns stones into blocks is under Miner. For that you'll need a metal pick. May or may not keep that for the next release. Don't know how many people used "mining" or liked it.

Indeed, that masonry reaction is pretty silly :), but it was the only way to allow you to build a camp using "stone logs".
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9