Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I woke up dead  (Read 1536 times)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I woke up dead
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2017, 04:07:02 am »

I always make sure there's plenty of cannon fodder between me and the front door and I sleep in one of those awkward little tunnels just off the main hall. That way you usually wake up in time...

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
Re: I woke up dead
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2017, 07:07:47 pm »

Adding on to what Shonai_Dweller has said, I also try to avoid ground level of the meadhall. If there's the interruption of sleep via bandit incursion when I have a novice skilled peasant, I usually pass 10 ticks a few times to let the guards sort it out before finishing off the offenders. I know in terms of roleplay some will say your adventurer is a hero and should step in without delay, but then that's a foolhardy hero who likely has scars for their trouble.

The other thing is everyone's just about equal stat-wise, from my peasant to the guards to the bandits themselves. A 2 on 1 as a novice peasant without buffs (focused, focused!), or without counter skills (novice wrestler versus their dabbling wrestler) plus the size advantage of largeness to make the wrestling almost always work, is allowing Armok to make the decision of life or death. I can't say I have faith in Armok.
Pages: 1 [2]