Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: some difficulty managing QSPs  (Read 528 times)

MorsDux

• Bay Watcher
  • If you only have a hammer, all problems seem nails
    • View Profile
some difficulty managing QSPs
« on: January 15, 2017, 04:32:47 pm »

I have set up a few quantum stockpiles for anything that get buggy when I use bins for them. I am faced with a strange problem, "store item in vehicle" jobs are super low priority jobs, meaning sometimes months go by before anyone gets to it. I set up burrows for some of the stockpiles that were overflowing and made a dorf stay in that burrow. It started to work, as no other jobs were at hand they started filling the QSP. But now im watching a dwarf doing nothing for days - because the task to store item in vehicle doesnt appear in the jobs list. If the tasks would generate as they should, it would take only a few minutes getting the piles in order.
There was one time I have no idea what happened but at least 10 tasks generated at once, but after that only 1-1 tasks generate for long times - again.

Does anyone have a working solution for managing QSPs? Am I doing something wrong?

MorsDux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: some difficulty managing QSPs
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 06:20:17 pm »

hm, might be possible the dfhack autohauler funcition was at fault.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 06:20:32 pm »

But now im watching a dwarf doing nothing for days - because the task to store item in vehicle doesnt appear in the jobs list. If the tasks would generate as they should, it would take only a few minutes getting the piles in order.
If the job doesn't appear on the job list then I'd go over the route's desired items. It is the route's stop that should be saying "I want this stuff and this is the stockpile that I am going to look for this type of items.", so the job should be created if the stockpile has items that are on the route's desired items. When I set up minecart QS with many item types, I use a macro to record the changes to the stockpile and replay the macro to apply the stockpile changes to both stops of the hauling route and to the dump stockpile. Also the 'h'auling menu will show if the minecart is full (100%) and if it is, then there is some reason the minecart is not being pushed by a dwarf.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 03:45:18 am »

A mine cart with stuff in it on a track stop means the track stop is not set to dump (with is incorrect as part of a mine cart QS). DFHack allows you to change this dynamically, while vanilla requires you to remove and rebuild the track stop and remember to set up a dumping direction the second time.

MorsDux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 06:41:38 am »

when i turned autohauler off, suddenly like 7-8 tasks appeared, which is why I thought the problem was because of the autohauler

the minecart is set to dump every time it gets an item so its always empty. I really liked the autohauler but cant use it anymore it seems. Maybe I will try using autolabor instead