Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A strange case of possession  (Read 625 times)

Lioneez

• Bay Watcher
  • Challenged.
    • View Profile
A strange case of possession
« on: January 15, 2017, 06:02:46 pm »

Hello guys,

Well I recently generated a new world medium size all haunted, it was hard to generate so I had to make 87.5%(14000-13500 tiles evil) of the world an evil biome.
So I started the fort in a terrifying location that was near to some civilization, managed to get underground before something killed all of my dwarfs and managed to survive, everything is good until a merchant visited my fort and one of hes donkeys was Reeeally slow and couldn't escape the fort after the merchant left (I didnt want the risk of anything getting in my fort without me knowing so I didnt notice that donkey until it got enraged).
So the donkey is carrying all those items around my fort and got enraged, so I killed him with my miner military dwarfs and dragged the body behind a wall before it could reanimate.
and now I have dwarfs being possessed that are trying to kill each other.
I didnt kill any dwarf so is this a bug?

Sorg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • EnglishWithCoffee
Re: A strange case of possession
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 07:31:16 pm »

Sounds like loyalty cascade. Merchants' pack animals are considered to be civilization members, and killing them might cause this sort of behaviour.
Intelligent is a strong word to use around DF.
you're lucky it wasn't an adventurer.  I've heard they can bash your skull in by throwing water at you.  UNDERWATER