Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

Graphic set help

(1/1)

Dravd:
  Hello there Im kind of new here and don't even know if this is the right place to ask this but here it goes!
Recently I have been trying to play Dwarf Fortress v0.43.05 and since im used to playing with the Lazy Newb Pack (which i think its not up to date) i have been having difficulties.
 I used to play using the Phoebus' graphics set and by doing some research i found a pre installed df with the graphics but the fonts are too wide and take lots of space and im guessing that its because LNP uses TWBT which makes the font smaller and better? Im not sure but i tried unsuccessfullly intalling TWBT but nothing changed.
 So I would love it if someone could help me out with a step by step procedure on how to have a Phoebus and TWBT Dwarf Fortress or better yet a pre installed version
 Thanks!!

Dravd:
So im guessing that its too complicated and I should just play LNP? Some feedback would be apreciated
 Thanks!!

Deon:
The font/icons for basic ASCII tiles is taken from the actual 256x256 ASCII tileset in /data/art.
It is configured in the file /data/init/init.txt:

[GRAPHICS_FONT:curses_square_16x16.png] - for windowed graphics display.
[GRAPHICS_FULLFONT:curses_square_16x16.png] - for fullscreen graphics display.

You can select a different tileset by changing it here. Just grab your PNG from the LNP installation that you like, put it in the /art subfolder as mentioned above, and reference it in init.txt.

Dravd:
 Thanks so much I managed to get the Phoebus graphic set but the text still looks odd. I think its because LNP has Text Will Be Text (which i don't know how to install) but maybe its not. Anyway any help would be apreciated

LNP

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My Df

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version