Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: about the upcoming update in which we'll be able to assume different names...  (Read 565 times)

SebasMarolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, how do you guys think its going to work? Will we have to wear face/head concealing items (those metal masks goblins sometimes have/hoods) to hide who we really are? Make-up? The butchered skin of someone else as a fleshy mask? Have to change our clothing/armour every time we switch?

Will our kill lists be like those of fort mode vampires, as in, linked to just one identity but not another?

I'm just so exited about this. I wish Toady could also give inns windows on the rooms that could be opened, so we could be able to go into our room, change up and go out to play Zorro for a while. Or be able to buy a house in the city and build a fake wall somewhere acting as a back entrance or something...

Wonder how he's going to go about it all...
So uh, yeah you just murdered a until proven otherwise pretty neutral innocent being for no reason.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You could just ask in the fotf thread.
But for fun speculation I guess this is the place.

Toady mentioned people being able to recognise you from appearance if they don't get your name. I can see how that would be problematic if you forget to introduce your fake name to one travelling bard. While everyone else in the area is spreading rumours about McZorro the Great, the bard's already wandered off to your home town and telling them about some guy who looks just like you running around causing trouble.

So much Science to be had when the new release finally gets here!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile

Pretty sure he said the reputation and stuff will be linked to different identities.

Quote from: Toady
I went ahead and added the ability for player adventurers to assume identities today. You can't pretend to be specific historical figures or deities, but you can be pick a name, profession, origin civilization and object of worship. All positive and negative reputations will be associated to that identity for as long as you assume it, unless you screw up. You can have multiple identities and flip between them (or return to your true identity). I'm still patching up some weird behaviors, but we're almost out of this specific identity grind now.

Yup!

Plus the amusing secret agents. 'What can you tell me about yourself?' "Me? Who's that, I don't know myself."