Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: crashing with addition of masterwork creatures and or random creatures  (Read 1199 times)

codystar16

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

not all creatures do it im trying to use error log to find out the ones that are is this a known bug how can i get you the info you need thx in adv

world gen json/ profile... idk if this is correct way of posting it its a very small fraction of the thing

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

current working creatures

--vanilla [ALL Work]
--masterwork [ vamp werebeasts domestic cavern and aquatic vermin surface and flying fanciful,mega]
--random creatures [domestic,vamp]

bad creatures cause would gen crashes

--masterwork [hsf, monsters]
--random creatures [vermin,sapient,aquatic,surface,cavern,flying,mega,hsf,nightcreatures,werebeasts]

side note current setup works fine going to start adding 1 by 1 now to find the source
side note 2 i have noticed even on the world gens that are working it is still generating the error logs.

--------ok first crash after enabling hsf ...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

--------disabling and continuing processes of elimination

« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 11:53:34 am by codystar16 »

levonhard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: crashing with addition of masterwork creatures and or random creatures
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 09:27:58 am »

Urist's beard! you are very persistent. I have also faced numerous crashes during world gen and sometimes embark, but after disableing the creatures i stopped facing the problems but didnt find the culprit. Good job man! Thank you for your post. Your post should be stickied until the problem is dealt with

codystar16

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: crashing with addition of masterwork creatures and or random creatures
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 02:46:47 pm »

Found the fix will post tonight after I get off work hopefully  it is laa run it as admin and do it should fix it all I'll make a detailed tutorial tonight

imperator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I use LAA and it still crashes all the time for me on a Pentium i7 Windows 10 with 8GB RAM.  I think it is just too many incompatible different mods being used at the same time, to where inevitable conflicts cause crashes.  I also can't get ASCII x16 to work (I was testing to see if it really was a memory issue).  The colors are usually not the Vanilla ASCII colors after I switch to ASCII x16 2D (even though the color is set to Vanilla).  I also can't to completely switch tilesets in a game unless I first switch to "text will be text" and also change the "text will be text" version, and then switch back to whatever other graphics rendering such as 2D or STANDARD.  Usually the ASCII color is some kind of pastel type color.  Even with ASCII graphics I'll get some kind of conflict and it crashes to desktop instantaneously.  With Meph on a bike tour I don't see this Masterwork version becoming stable anytime soon.  For now I'm back to Vanilla 43.05, which is just as interesting and I have never had one single crash.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 03:10:26 am by imperator »

codystar16

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

The fix for me is don't use the laa from the launcher go into the file location and run laa as admin and do the laa this instantly fixed mine idk why but the mod launcher doesn't run it properly so try that and it should fix almost all your problems