Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: OP Keas IRL  (Read 1314 times)

Walkaboutout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
OP Keas IRL
« on: January 17, 2017, 11:53:27 am »

Curse those evil birds and their fort destroying madness!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBdvRCkCNfo

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: OP Keas IRL
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 01:59:28 pm »

Curse those evil birds and their fort destroying madness!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBdvRCkCNfo

Apparently ripping out those rubber gaskets is one of their favorite things.

I really detest swarms of the giant ones and am very glad those don't actually exist.

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 06:18:45 pm »

That's nothin'. The keas didn't even steal his windscreen wiper blades!

You try a goanna. Walking back from the showers at a camp once, I went past a goanna carrying a whole dressed raw chicken in its jaws. I walked a little further, and found a family standing around their fancy tent, with two goanna-shaped holes. The goanna had gone in one side, taken the chicken out of the box it was defrosting in, and gone out the other. It was the first time I realised I lived in the land of the dinosaurs, 'cos 3 metre lizards can steal my food any time they choose.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

Walkaboutout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 12:00:35 am »

That's nothin'. The keas didn't even steal his windscreen wiper blades!

You try a goanna. Walking back from the showers at a camp once, I went past a goanna carrying a whole dressed raw chicken in its jaws. I walked a little further, and found a family standing around their fancy tent, with two goanna-shaped holes. The goanna had gone in one side, taken the chicken out of the box it was defrosting in, and gone out the other. It was the first time I realised I lived in the land of the dinosaurs, 'cos 3 metre lizards can steal my food any time they choose.

LOL, land of the dinosaurs. That sounds like Australia? Goanna is one big damn lizard.

BoogieMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 04:49:13 pm »

Dwarf Fortress Keas can go to hell and die.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ BoogieMan, Forumscrub cancels tantrum: Seeking Dr. Pepper

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2017, 10:16:53 pm »

So many of my early embarks had, "A kea has stolen a wheelbarrow!"
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2017, 10:21:05 pm »

So many of my early embarks had, "A kea has stolen a wheelbarrow!"

"A giant kea has stolen a lead statue."

At least I'd only made those things to use up lead and maybe skill up the dwarf making them before moving to better metals.  But still.  Up yours, giant keas.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2017, 10:00:12 am »

Whenever physics gets updated so falling objects can hurt and kill properly, those lead statues are getting put on suspension bridges over top of the entrance, right?

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2017, 12:09:54 pm »

Whenever physics gets updated so falling objects can hurt and kill properly, those lead statues are getting put on suspension bridges over top of the entrance, right?

For now, though, when I'm in a pan-denominational mood, they go into tiny little temples for every god some idiot dwarf is bummed about not being able to worship.