Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Does this sort of thing happen often?  (Read 734 times)

Senator Jim Death

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Does this sort of thing happen often?
« on: January 17, 2017, 01:31:55 pm »

As far as I can tell, that blip of 5500 or so events in 525 represents a mass destruction of artifact books during an attack on one site. I don't remember seeing things like this in legends before, but I don't DF all that much.

(This world also has one of those hermit dwarves. This one lives in a camp in the middle of a glacier, which is on the opposite end of the world from the only other dwarven sites. She's been there about 120 years. The best thing about legends mode is that you can pretty much always find something interesting.)
If it's not trying to be fun, it's not trying to be a video game.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Does this sort of thing happen often?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 04:04:14 pm »

Must have just been a place with either A. a bugged over-inflated population where a lot of books were written or B. lots of apprenticeships & chance very competent & kinesthetic scribes.

Emergent legends stories are ace, i once had a dwarf who after fighting off a night creature fled for a local tomb with some kobolds & decided to hermit there, then got married to her true love from a nearby dwarf settlement scouting out the area around the tomb.

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 06:20:14 pm »

Wow. The Great Library at Alexandria. Damn.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

slashnul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 01:45:49 am »

Go to adventure mode and assassinate that Hitler goblin before he forms the 3rd Reich.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 05:50:29 pm »

Go to Fortress mode and build the last bastion of hope against the goblin 3rd Reich. Don't go Valkyrie, go Switzerland.