Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 151

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars IC Thread Chapter 5: At the Gates of Victory  (Read 91223 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars IC Thread Chapter 4: Family Reunion
« Reply #1755 on: January 15, 2018, 09:08:50 pm »

"...You're a good kid." Eric gently patted Seaiga on the head. "Well, I'll be around to make it happen, I guess. At least until Sybil has her throne."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: January 15, 2018, 09:19:52 pm »

"Well, 'spose I'll be helpin' with that too, like I said earlier."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: January 15, 2018, 09:27:07 pm »

Sea nodded and managed to look up with a small smile.

"I'm... I'm glad. I don't want either of you to leave so... so good. Even though Sybil maybe wasn't up front, you guys are still staying. Thank you."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: January 15, 2018, 09:35:10 pm »

"I don't think I heard anyone say they're leaving. Not even Caius, no matter how much he complains."

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: January 15, 2018, 10:25:36 pm »

Lian tilted her head in curiosity, but it was plainly apparent that the thief did not find anything of use to her. Her eyes swept around the room, taking into account the alertness of the guards, and after a moment of pause, sighed.
: "Wonderful. My objective in coming here was for naught after all."
Gently placing her palm on her forehead, she took a deep breath and a longer pause. When the archer lowered her hand again, she looked at Sybil, her face still as stone.
: "So this is what all this raucous clamor over the past few weeks has been for. How audacious. And here I was thinking your request- in having offered so much- was an obvious hoax. I am almost tempted to continue that thought."

"I'm not sure why you would. Surely someone like you must have done a fair bit a research into the council's affairs if you went through the trouble of infiltrating this manor. Which I must admit was a helpful diversion, whatever your original task was. Regardless, I'm sure my name has come up in your search more than once, likely detailing a sale of goods. It's likely you know my finances better than anyone present excluding myself."

Lian turned briefly to Drest.
: "A valid argument if it were merely a high value bounty. But this job is to upend and replace a seat of power. It's not enough to ask 'how much will you pay' without asking 'what are you planning'?"

"I simply mean to end the council's unnecessary and outright harmful magic ban. Placing myself in power will ensure it is not enacted again. The country will continue on as it normally does, just without the magic ban and its unfair indentured servitude it forces on Ludohans in place."
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 11:00:05 pm by I_Like_Pi »
My Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars OOC | IC
Magi Wars sidestory: Rotting Empire OOC | IC

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: January 15, 2018, 10:53:13 pm »

The archer tilted her head.
: "All this to eliminate the magic ban alone... Far more audacious than I could have possibly predicted. I had only come here intending to depose Lord Frealde, but it seems you have done more on that front than I could have, and yet now you intend to press on. What a predicament."
: "Indeed, the movement surrounding you has been quite perplexing. But with this show of force, it would seem my options are growing rather limited. As I have no love for Ludoh's current leadership; Were you to ask for the services of Lian-Ziu of Ostil, you may very well have it."

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: January 15, 2018, 11:02:14 pm »

"Then I ask you, will you join my employ?"
My Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars OOC | IC
Magi Wars sidestory: Rotting Empire OOC | IC

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: January 15, 2018, 11:39:42 pm »

The edge of Lian's mouth curled upward for a brief moment before she nodded.
: "Then it is my delight to accept, Lady Hallewell. I look forward to seeing where your plans will go with this much momentum."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: January 16, 2018, 12:30:50 am »

"A pleasant development."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1764 on: January 16, 2018, 03:13:51 am »

"I do not remember any mention of a Black Raven, but Caimnhe tended to give me little information aside from local news and scholarly teachings. Is Black Raven your sister's moniker?"
"I think so. I'm pretty sure it was her sigil on that tome I found, and then I ran across it again earlier when I was looking around, along with a sketch that looked a lot like her."
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: January 16, 2018, 07:08:13 am »

Brant shoved his hands into his pockets looking for something before pulling out a large gold coin with a scarab on one side and  a dragonfly on the other.
"Well, crap guess I forgot to get my cards."
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 10:57:52 am by Praefectus Screptum »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: January 16, 2018, 07:57:59 am »

"Perhaps. I can only hope."

The warrior sighed.
"What of your land and people, then? What are they like?"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: January 16, 2018, 04:44:33 pm »

Gilbert hesitated for a moment, wondering how much to reveal to this near-complete stranger. Eventually he decided that, being a foreigner, she might not be completely up to date on the local politics.

: "...I am from the country of Ilim. It is a lovely kingdom, to the south and west of Ludoh, which is where we are. It is not like this barbaric place; they do not shun magic in Ilim, but embrace it. Experiment with it. The knowledge the people of Ilim have gained makes their army one of the best in the world, but it is small. Not for them is the conquering of others."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: January 16, 2018, 08:11:28 pm »

"So now that you have seen some of our interaction, do you have any questions Miss Lian? Any more involved explanations can happen later over some tea."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: January 16, 2018, 09:30:20 pm »

: "Were I to exhaust all questions regarding the disparities involving this oddity you call a group, we would remain here for at least two fortnights. Though I am glad to see the possibility there are those outside Ostil who enjoy tea-"
Lian's eye opened to only just now notice the cat sitting on the mage's shoulder.
: "-...There was meowing earlier. I take it the cuplrit is yours?"
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 151