Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 151

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars IC Thread Chapter 5: At the Gates of Victory  (Read 92899 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars IC Thread Chapter 4: Family Reunion
« Reply #1770 on: January 16, 2018, 09:37:42 pm »

"It has been a while since I have had tea. And yes, this is Fael." "Meow."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: January 16, 2018, 09:55:22 pm »

Lian bent forward until her eyes were on level with that of the cat's.
: "Ah, you must have been through so much commotion today, little one. I hope your master appropriately compensates you for your company."
Standing straight again, Lian raised her hand- palm down- to her chin.
: "I look forward to sampling what your palate prefers, I have not had much outside of Ostili fare myself. Though I must say, you certainly do cultivate the image of an enigma. All the more reason to keep my curiosity piqued."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: January 16, 2018, 10:08:33 pm »

"Prrrrrrrrowr." Up closer, it was easy to notice Fael was louder than a hungry merc's belly and his purring only intensified upon noticing someone was addressing him directly. The kitten stuck a paw out like he wanted to touch Lian's face and showed off his tiny pink pawpads for a few seconds before putting all of his paws back on his owner's shoulder.

"Fael is well-fed and a bit spoiled." Drest replied in a tone that sounded quite fatherly. "And it will be a pleasure sharing some of my tea with you. I hope to have a taste of yours as well."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: January 16, 2018, 11:02:26 pm »

The archer broke out into a grin.
: "Splendid." She stated candidly, though her eyes drifting to Fael made it unclear whether she was referring to the cat's adorable attention or Drest's talk of tea.
: "Though it may be forward of me, one question does occur to me at the moment. A number of folk here do strike me as those who would chase an extravagant sum as Lady Hallwell has advertised; But as a mage yourself and one most likely affected by Ludoh's tribulations I cannot help but wonder, were you already affiliated with the Lady beforehand? Similar to the apprentice... Seaiga, I believe her name was?"
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 11:05:44 pm by CrimsonEon »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: January 16, 2018, 11:18:13 pm »

"You are correct, Seaiga is Lady Sybil's apprentice. And no, I had never met Lady Sybil before but my interest in her scholarly pursuits was part of the reason that made me join this merry band."
>Yes?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: January 17, 2018, 06:48:11 pm »

"Bein' a bit more straightforward woulda been nice, ta be honest, but what she's havin' us do is in covered in the contract, goin' off what y'all been saying. So she didn't technically lie."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: January 17, 2018, 06:54:12 pm »

Making bets with himself based on the flip on a coin was getting boring pretty fast, so after one last flip he shoved it back into his pocket and approached the armored mercenary.
"So, you said you are following family business right? Do you have any objectives aside from swimming in gold? After all, we usually get rich to achieve something."
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 06:58:16 pm by Praefectus Screptum »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: January 17, 2018, 06:56:37 pm »

"But you do not have an Empress, or castes?"
Her tone was vaguely puzzled, as if she still found it hard to believe that it was true and suspected it was a elaborate joke.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: January 17, 2018, 06:59:40 pm »

Eric took a few moments to respond, holding his hand to his face, thumb over his mouth. He moved his hand away from his face before speaking. "...My father became fairly wealthy. I grew quite accustomed to it in the time I had with him. I would like to be that wealthy again."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: January 17, 2018, 07:05:10 pm »

"...You grew accustomed to it? And here I thought you were just another average mercenary like me, but this does raise some questions."
"How come you are here instead of...Well, anywhere else enjoying your father's fortune?"

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: January 17, 2018, 07:06:33 pm »

: "Well, we have had some of the queens here and there through the years, but no Empresses. I am afraid I do not know what this 'caste' is."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: January 17, 2018, 07:10:43 pm »

Eric's jaw tightened as he stared into the bandaged man's single eye. "...My father is dead and gone. So is his fortune. I don't have the option of enjoying it."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: January 17, 2018, 07:26:28 pm »

"My apologies."
Honestly he wasn't prepared to handle such sudden change, so it took him a moment to think about something else to say.
"Guess this next payment will be helping a lot on that part. Plus, I think you got two sort of riches going here now, pal; both the absurd payment she intends to hand us over and this bunch of people."
"You are a mercenary, after all so you know how difficult it is to find trustworthy people. Or you know, people to actually chat with instead of roaming day after day looking for a job or letting your weapon do the talking."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: January 17, 2018, 07:35:18 pm »

Eric visibily relaxed as the topic shifted. "I don't know about that. Most of the people in this crew aren't exactly career mercenaries. I think the only other one is Dale, and he's mentioned he prefers to work alone. Don't get me wrong, they're mostly all competent, but I doubt I'll be working with any of them once this is over."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: January 17, 2018, 07:45:30 pm »

Brant moved a hand under his chin and nodded.
"Yes, I suppose only us and Dale are really mercenaries...But we are probably going to be facing a war here. So to be honest this work is going to last a while longer."
"And I wouldn't be so sure about not working with any of them. After all, I did mention the possibility of opening a mercenary guild, so if you don't mind working together I am sure we will be able to gather plenty of gold in no time."
"While I don't want question our boss' decisions and all of that, I am pretty sure people will be hiring mercenaries way more often once we are done here. So we might as well prepare for that."
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 151