Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 150

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars IC Thread Chapter 5: At the Gates of Victory  (Read 50200 times)

I_Like_Pi

  • Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile

~~~~RULES~~~~

1. All kinds of questions, character sheet edits, story discussions and all non-IC stuff are to be posted at OOC Thread

2. Post formatting is mandatory:
"Coloured text for PC speech lines!"
Normal text for descriptions, etc.
Bolded text denotes action!

3. Order of posts:
In battle:
Player(s) -> GM -> Player(s) -> GM ... (until end of Player Phase) -> GM posts for Enemies -> GM posts for Allies -> End of Turn.
Outside battle:
Players -> GM, when needed

4. Unless GM explicitly mentions you/your character, you can't post in this thread. Do not PTW it either.

5. Table of Contents:
Prologue: We're Off To See the Witch
Chapter 1: Supply Run
Chapter 2: The Cost of the Call
Chapter 3: Turning point
Chapter 4: Family Reunion
Chapter 5: At the Gates of Victory
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 07:44:15 am by I_Like_Pi »
Logged
My Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars OOC | IC
Magi Wars sidestory: Rotting Empire OOC | IC

I_Like_Pi

  • Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile

~Prologue: We're Off To See the Witch~
One week has passed since Sybil Hallewell's request for assistance began appearing on town news boards across the nation, promising a hefty sum of 10,000 gold to each individual who saw the journey through to the end. It is, in its own way, drawing the entire nation's attention; even with the Rotation so imminent. Or, is it because of it? Nonetheless, towns are abuzz with activity as hopeful youths and veteran mercenaries leap at the opportunity for such a reward. Given that the journey to Hallewall's may be long, and perhaps even treacherous, many have taken to forming groups with whomever willing they can find.

All with one destination in mind...

~~~

Sybil Hallewell's mansion, or at least that's what everyone assumes it must be, lies just beyond the hill if the directions posted were anything close to accurate. Assumed fortune aside, whoever this woman is she either knows the land very well or has in her employ people just as skilled. Perhaps a sign of her wealth?

At the very least she picked a good time to post her request. Spring is just beginning to turn to summer and the weather could not be better for traveling; during noon the sunlight could be described as comfortable, even for those in heavy armor. Perhaps now would be a good time for a quick rest? The group has been traveling since early this morning, eager to meet their new employer and by now it was at least an hour passed noon. Yet who could say how many other groups must have arrived by now, potentially enough to make Hallewell reconsider her offer of 10,000 gold each.

Whatever the decision, it is one that must be made now.

//Dale Barton, Ava Ferrier, Eric Altien, and Caius Lochlan are in!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 08:05:49 am by I_Like_Pi »
Logged
My Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars OOC | IC
Magi Wars sidestory: Rotting Empire OOC | IC

Sentient Bowtie

  • Bay Watcher
  • ...For that is your fate. The fate of the cursed.
    • View Profile

Caius pauses his even strides, looking around them. The area was fairly clear and it seemed as good a time as any to take a short break.

"What would you all say to stopping here, just for a moment? It seems the best place to rest before we reach the mansion, I think."
Logged
So far two babies have been born as a result from all the close action in the barracks.
You can't fuck a cartoon because cartoons are in two dimensions and you'd slice your dick off due to having touched the incredibly slight area of contact with any amount of force.

SeriousConcentrate

  • Bay Watcher
  • Discovering the truth of this world
    • View Profile

Dale was one of the few lone travelers approaching Sybil's home to take on the job. He wasn't the sort who thought he was skilled enough to handle everything himself; more he was the easy-going sort who figured he could sign up on his own and get along with whoever else got the job. For now, though, he was walking on his own with his thumbs in his belt, his bow over his shoulder and his quiver at his hip, his stride as light as his heart at the prospect of at least five thousand for what had to be an easy job.

Hell, I've helped my neighbors pack up and move house before, for maybe five or ten gold. Even if it's a lot of work it's going to be the easiest job I ever get. I'd have to be stupid to pass just 'cause I have to carry a few heavy things.

Whistling to himself, Dale crested the last hill between himself and his destination and took a moment to pause and survey the area. The whistle briefly went to an impressed tone, then back to an old Thalis drinking song as he approached a small group also heading there from the look of things - a woman and two men.

That's a combination that usually spells trouble for somebody. Heh. None of my business.

The man with the scar on his face was calling for a rest, so Dale walked over and more-or-less asserted himself into the group dynamic they already had going.

"That sounds like a good idea. Care to share a drink? Dale Barton, by the by. I'm also here for the job."

He gave the brown-haired man a disarming smile and held out a half-full bottle of wine.
Logged
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sentient Bowtie

  • Bay Watcher
  • ...For that is your fate. The fate of the cursed.
    • View Profile

"Er, hello. Caius Lochlan."

He isn't quite sure what to do with the sudden introduction or the bottle, so he just presents his hand.
Logged
So far two babies have been born as a result from all the close action in the barracks.
You can't fuck a cartoon because cartoons are in two dimensions and you'd slice your dick off due to having touched the incredibly slight area of contact with any amount of force.

SeriousConcentrate

  • Bay Watcher
  • Discovering the truth of this world
    • View Profile

"Good to meet ya Caius."

Dale switched the bottle around so his hand was free to shake Caius's.

"I'd offer food too if I had any, but I don't. Sorry. I was just going to catch a hare or two later for supper - less to carry around if I just hunt when I need it, know what I mean?"

The archer sat down with his back to a nearby tree, his left knee up with his left elbow resting on it and his right leg out in front of him and slightly folded.

"So anyway, half a bottle of Ilim wine if you want a drink. I'll even take a drink first, show you it's all right."

He pulled the cork and took a quick pull of the bottle.

"Make that a third of a bottle of Ilim wine on offer."
Logged
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sentient Bowtie

  • Bay Watcher
  • ...For that is your fate. The fate of the cursed.
    • View Profile

"I suppose so. Not much of a hunter myself; my staff might just break if I tried, and as of now it's my only one. I wouldn't want to risk employment to see if it could hold up."

Caius raises the staff previously hooked in his belt.

"I couldn't. Don't drink much, but I appreciate it. Perhaps someone else wants it."
Logged
So far two babies have been born as a result from all the close action in the barracks.
You can't fuck a cartoon because cartoons are in two dimensions and you'd slice your dick off due to having touched the incredibly slight area of contact with any amount of force.

SeriousConcentrate

  • Bay Watcher
  • Discovering the truth of this world
    • View Profile

"Naw, it's all right if you don't want any. Not everybody likes the taste, and this wine is almost only taste; it's a pretty weak drink that doesn't even make your breath smell of it. I just figure, you guys are going to take this job, I'm going to take this job, that means we're buddies at least for awhile. What's mine is yours and all that, know what I mean?"

"Until it comes to payment, anyway. Then mine is mine and yours is yours."

Dale gun-fingered at Caius with his free hand.

"Also good on you, being a healer. There ain't enough of those in the world, as my dad used to say."
Logged
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sentient Bowtie

  • Bay Watcher
  • ...For that is your fate. The fate of the cursed.
    • View Profile

"That's a fine way of putting it, Dale."

"Heh... I would be holding a sword right now, if I weren't absolutely terrible with one."
Logged
So far two babies have been born as a result from all the close action in the barracks.
You can't fuck a cartoon because cartoons are in two dimensions and you'd slice your dick off due to having touched the incredibly slight area of contact with any amount of force.

SeriousConcentrate

  • Bay Watcher
  • Discovering the truth of this world
    • View Profile

"Hmm, never tried a sword myself. I've been a hunter all my life so I'm just gonna stick to what I'm good at."

He patted the quiver of arrows at his hip.

"Too bad you can't do what you wanna do, but at least you're doing something good. It's a lot harder to feel bad about keeping a man alive than killing him, know what I mean?"

"Not that I've killed many people! Hardly any, in fact."

"The ones I did mostly just bled out because they wouldn't stop running until they keeled over. A healer would have been worth a hell of a lot; even splitting the bounty I probably would have gotten twenty, thirty more gold than I did for a corpse."

"That's what I'm talking about, though. Bounties on killers and bandits and thieves are a dime a dozen. You never hear of a bounty on priest."

"Unless it's political, but I don't mess with any of that crap. That kind of trouble isn't even worth its weight in gold."
Logged
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sentient Bowtie

  • Bay Watcher
  • ...For that is your fate. The fate of the cursed.
    • View Profile

"No, this is definitely what I want to do. It's easier than lugging around a chunk of metal, and less dangerous.. as long as your allies are competent, anyway."

"And, in the event that everyone else with me dies, there's the small hope I will simply be captured and forced to tend the enemy's wounded for the rest of my assuredly short and miserable life instead of being executed immediately."
Logged
So far two babies have been born as a result from all the close action in the barracks.
You can't fuck a cartoon because cartoons are in two dimensions and you'd slice your dick off due to having touched the incredibly slight area of contact with any amount of force.

SeriousConcentrate

  • Bay Watcher
  • Discovering the truth of this world
    • View Profile

Dale spread his hands with a shrug.

"Hope is where you look for it, if you ask me. At least you'd still be alive and have a chance."

"And don't worry about competence. I'm a pretty good shot. I'd even have a few medals if I didn't pawn 'em off. Hell, I can shoot from horseback; you ask any archer and they'll tell you how difficult that is."
Logged
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Blade Master Model 42

  • Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile

"I'll pass on the wine. I'm Eric Altien. Good to meet you." Eric was not a huge man, though his armor, thin and cheap though it was, made him appear much larger. The effect was diminished slightly as he sat on the ground, and set his pack in his lap. "Anyone with you Dale, or are you alone?"

Chevaleresse

  • Bay Watcher
  • I'm in too many RPs.
    • View Profile

The - well, it was probably impolite to say it, but by all appearances she was one - street rat shook her head. She'd drifted off, lost in thought for a moment.
"Sorry, was distracted. Anyway, if you're done with all your philosophical talk and stuff, I'm Ava." She nodded her head to acknowledge the third man's introduction.
Logged
As it turns out, outpost liasons blend.
I guess there are more bronies than psychotic suicidal alcoholics. Who knew.

SeriousConcentrate

  • Bay Watcher
  • Discovering the truth of this world
    • View Profile

  "Guess that leaves just the lady to decide whether she wants any then. Good to meet ya Eric. You from northern Thalis? You got that sort of sound about you. And naw, it's just me. I usually work alone - a lot easier to split the pay when there's only one share, you know. But we don't have that problem with this job. Whether there's three of us or one of us or fifteen of us we all get five to ten thousand just the same."

It seemed to be the custom with this group, so he extended his free hand for Eric to shake. In the brief silence, Ava introduced herself, and Dale nodded to her.

  "Good to meet you too, Ava. It'll be a pleasure to work with the three of you, I'm thinking."
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 10:40:58 am by SeriousConcentrate »
Logged
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 150