Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 151

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars IC Thread Chapter 5: At the Gates of Victory  (Read 91219 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars IC Thread Chapter 1: Supply Run
« Reply #600 on: February 15, 2017, 08:32:02 pm »

"You channel your magic through the staff, yes. But staves also amplify the user's power somewhat. Otherwise, I suppose, we would be a lot less effective at doing our jobs."
Black lives matter.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: February 15, 2017, 08:32:56 pm »

: "It is a little of both, actually. Staff users channel power from within themselves through their staffs. On its own it can speed a patient's natural healing without draining energy from the staff, but that is too slow for use in battle. This is what I did for the soldiers in this town once the fight was over. On the other foot, the instant healing of wounds requires energy from healer and staff together.

"At least, this is what I was taught in the school. It seems a good explanation."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: February 15, 2017, 08:35:51 pm »

Caius frowns. There hadn't been any sort of healing school for him in Ursangro.
Black lives matter.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: February 15, 2017, 08:42:30 pm »

Dale yawned unnecessarily loudly and scratched Horse's ears.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: February 15, 2017, 08:50:47 pm »

"Speaking of dark magic..." Eric turned toward Ava. "Why didn't you tell us you could use it? That's a significant thing to consider tactically."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: February 15, 2017, 08:56:33 pm »

Realizing that it was probably about time to clear out of town, Gilbert strapped all of his new equipment to his back and wandered out to the village's front gate. Assuming no one had stolen away with his mighty steed, it should be right...about....

: "Asgore! There you are, vieil ami! Did you worry that I would be gone forever?"

Hearing its name, the grey-haired mule looked up from the grass it had been grazing on, flicked its ears happily, and sauntered over to nuzzle its rider.

: "We made some new friends today, Asgore. They broke me out of jail and offered us a job! I am certain that we will be able to afford fine oats and apples now. Maybe even some cubes of sugar if we are lucky."

As he chatted to the mule, he patted its nose and scratched the creature behind the ears.

: "Even better: there are some lovely ladies in this group! I think they might actually like me. None of them have started throwing rocks, at least. I am certain they will like you as well, of course!"

With that, Gilbert climbed into the "seat" on the mule's back, took up the reins, and guided Asgore back to the group.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #606 on: February 15, 2017, 11:45:27 pm »

"Er. . . I just figured out how to do it. Like literally just did so. I'd been trying to do so for a while" - she shot Sea a short glare at this - "but never actually managed to get anything beyond a puff of smoke."
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: February 16, 2017, 10:50:32 am »

"I see. Well, congratulations on managing to teach yourself how. I'm given to understand that it isn't easy. Just be careful using it in battle until you can do it easily."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: February 16, 2017, 10:52:16 am »

"That hole over there maintains she can use it well enough."
Black lives matter.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: February 16, 2017, 11:00:44 am »

"One cast does not make you battle ready. Being able to exhibit basic sword forms does not mean you'll be ready to use that when someone runs up at you with an axe. Magic isn't that different from using a real weapon in that regard. I'm not trying to be a killjoy here, I just want to make sure that, if Ava tries it in a do or die moment, she does the former and not the latter. If that means sticking to knives until she's a little more practiced, oh well."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: February 16, 2017, 11:03:42 am »

"..No, you're very right. I should know that myself."
Black lives matter.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #611 on: February 16, 2017, 11:33:27 am »

"I told you, that hole has nothing to do with me whatsoever.

And I can take care of myself. I got this far, being able to fling magic bolts at people at all isn't gonna make surviving any harder."
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: February 20, 2017, 04:41:52 am »

Ava gets Black Axe. Gilbert gets Heal.

Zephyr rode around the building he'd vanished into on a horse-drawn cart, stopping near where the group had gathered.

"I hope you've done everything you wanted to because we're moving out even if you haven't. I've wasted enough of my time on this errand and this town. You, the guy with the axe and guy with the sword, you're in front. Everyone else form around behind them, except you Seaiga. You're in the back with me; I'm not getting killed because you were exposed to danger."

~Chapter 2: The Cost of the Call~

The group made their way back towards to Sybil's mansion under Zephyr's instructions. He often strayed from the safer main road in favor of the slightly quicker, but riskier, backroads. Any Ludohan would know that these roads were notorious for bandit activity and to steer well clear of them. Especially after Sybil's request had made its rounds. The bandits were more active than ever with novices and inexperienced youths all travelling to one place, many of them unfamiliar with the safe and dangerous roads. Normally the military would be on high alert crushing the growing bandits but they were suspiciously absent.

As the group began to pass through yet another of Zephyr's risky roads, this one leading them through a forest, he suddenly ordered the group to a halt and motioned for them to be silent. Up ahead there were a group of burly men in ragtag clothing harassing a pair of travellers, one a woman with white hair and tanned skin, the other a masked man in a robe. The men made no attempt to hide their weapons as they slowly closed in on the pair.

"Geh heh heh! Look what we've got 'ere, boys and girls!" The apparent leader approached the pair. "Now how 'bout you hand over everything ya got and I'll let robesy go. As for you," he directed his gaze at the woman and made a nasty smirk. "I've got better plans."

"Dammit, I had hoped that they were out harassing some merchants or a fleeing mage. Let's leave before we're spotted, they seem to be focused on those tw-" Zephyr was cut off by an arrow landing just short of his horse's head.

"For the sake of the Gods, can this day get any worse? Everyone, new objective. We're cutting our way through these bandits and leaving as quickly as possible. Don't let them touch my cart."

A trio of travellers entered the forest from the northeast. They had decided to travel together, on the philosophy that there was safety in numbers, to Sybil's mansion. They had been directed this way from a nearby village, citing this as the quickest way to their destination. Little did they know that they had been directed to a bandit den. Dazar's den to be specific, a scourge on the aforementioned village.

"Hey look over there, one of them's got a pegasus! We won't have to work for Dazar anymore if we can get that and sell it! Get them!"

Escape via the green outlined tiles!

Spoiler: HP (click to show/hide)
EXP: 00
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 02:06:24 pm by I_Like_Pi »
My Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars OOC | IC
Magi Wars sidestory: Rotting Empire OOC | IC

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: February 20, 2017, 08:18:50 am »

Wynne had been riding along with Simon, with the young man's permission, so she wouldn't just be walking through several miles of forest. When she saw people again, she thought they might be approaching the town - certainly, it'd been long enough since they last saw some buildings - when the shout came off.

"...Well then." the woman says, hopping off of the horse and grabbing her lightweight lance. "Ya'll think that villager just didn't know about these guys, or was it a trap from the start?" she questioned, as she stretched, before looking at her comrades. "I guess it don't really matter. Neither of you look like the type to just let 'em take our stuff, if I'm not mistaken." she said. "That said, I'm not lookin' to die today. I think I saw a way to the main path back there, and you said you saw some other people with a cart there, didn't ya Brady? We can work with them, and we might make it outta this. Simon, looks like there's a break in the trees you can ride through to meet up with us. Seem good?"

16-4 so I can get rescued
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 08:51:07 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: February 20, 2017, 08:34:59 am »

"You want me up front. Alright."
Nick could see why he was chosen for the front line. He and Eric were pretty much the only people who fought up-close and personal.

"Bandits? Ugh, I hate bandits."
"Let's go to work, shall we?"

9-6
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 01:16:20 pm by S34N1C »
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 151