Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 151

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars IC Thread Chapter 5: At the Gates of Victory  (Read 94622 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

"....."

Caius looks at Dave silently, then copies the gesture.
Black lives matter.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Wynne rubbed her forehead. What was she even talking about?

"...Think of it this way, if visitors from another place came to yer country 'n started calling y'all barbarians, wouldn't ya be angry? Same way here. Though, I'll admit these bandits were probably a pretty damn bad first impression. But most folk aren't like them and are gonna be offended if ya call them barbarians."

She didn't think she could change her mind, but she could at least try to make her not set herself up to get shanked in the next town.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 09:06:47 am by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile

After trying to stay out of the conversation for a while, Simon thought of a detail that bothered him.

"Uh, if you don't mind me asking... What exactly are you doing in the middle of a land of people you know close to nothing about, and that you consider to be barbarians?"
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

Quetz looked at Wynne with curiosity.
"If the uncivilised came to our land and insulted us, we would put them to death for the gods. But I am not using it as insult, as it is true. It does not seem even to be your fault, wih no Empress or knowledge of the gods."
She tried offering a smile to sooth the annoyed barbarian.

After trying to stay out of the conversation for a while, Simon thought of a detail that bothered him.

"Uh, if you don't mind me asking... What exactly are you doing in the middle of a land of people you know close to nothing about, and that you consider to be barbarians?"
"I washed up on the shore only recently. I hoped to find my companions, but..."
Quetz shrugged dejectedly. She did miss her fellow warriors but surely they must have drowned. A tragedy, to die so pointlessly and leave her stranded in an untamed land... but also an oppotunity, if she somehow made it home. If she did, perhaps-
No. Best not to hope for now.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

: "Call it a simple courtesy, Madame Quetz. It is the least one can do when in a strange land, surrounded by barbarians and far from home."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars IC Thread Chapter 1: Supply Run
« Reply #890 on: April 28, 2017, 08:24:42 pm »

"They only mean to inform you that it might be better to avoid calling people barbarians... At least when talking to them. The people here might also consider you a barbarian because you are different from us, and they will consider it stating a simple fact as well. It is a simple matter of logic." Drest told Quetzalxochitl in his usual smooth voice, all the while holding Fael, who in turn resumed purring.
"Meow."

Knowing she washed up on the shore meant it would likely be hard to go through with his plans, but trying to keep her alive was still in his best interests.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Uhm... I'm not exactly sure about that. She's... she's very private. That's part of what I meant earlier Gilbert. Sorry for not responding right away... Uhm, she doesn't like when people are fighting because it's... disruptive. She doesn't like people poking into her plans. Her thoughts. Her... her desk."

Sea winced, clearly remembering something.

"I'm not supposed to go look at her desk. So I don't... But I know... I know she doesn't like the nobility. At... at all. But beyond that I don't really know anything at all..."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

: "Think nothing of it; you had a cat begging for your attention and I am certain you have much on your mind.

"In any case, it sounds like your employer should be easy enough to get along with."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile

"Well, to be fair, I think the nobility don't care much for her either." Eric thought back to the clump of scraps in his pocket. He couldn't think of many other interpretations that would be worth shredding.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: April 28, 2017, 10:14:19 pm »

Despite his attempts to moderate Quetzie's attitude towards others not of her ethnicity, Drest was still keeping an ear out for other conversations, and something Seaiga said caught his attention. What did she mean by Sybil disliking nobility? That was of his interest.

"Did you just mention Miss Sybil dislikes nobility? Is that fact widely known by them?"
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I... I don't know. They're willing to buy things from her... but they don't tend to come around themselves so... I guess that would make sense."

She shrugged at Drest's question. 

"I really don't know... I don't interact with them really. I'm just an apprentice after all..."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: April 29, 2017, 09:25:51 pm »

"...That certainly explains the situation. I suppose that means you are only an apprentice, not a heir. Does Lady Sybil have a heir in place? Otherwise, it might just mean she thought you unprepared for the politics involved."
>Yes?

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sea gave another helpless shrug in response.

"She's had a few people study with her at various points but nothing permanent. I think I'm the longest lasting... At least as far as I know. Maybe before me... Most other people don't stay more than a year... They mostly just... Come to learn one thing. And then leave."

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile

This whole situation continued to perturb Zephyr even after they had started moving again.

Damn, I didn't want to get caught up in this mess; just wanted to make some quick and easy gold and disappear for a while. Now that that witch has gotten me involved I don't think that's possible... Briefly brought out of his thoughts by Brady's question, Zephyr answered curtly. "None of your business if you want Sybil to hire you."

"Alright people let's pick up the pace. If we're lucky we'll make it back before it gets dark."

Almost right on target with Zephyr's guess, the group arrived just as the sun was beginning to set; however, they arrived in the middle of a massive commotion. People, presumably under Sybil's employ, were running back and forth hauling everything from crates stuffed full of documents and scrolls to furniture into wagons.

"We'd better find out what's going on, and-" Zephyr was cut off by the approach of a man in burnt red armor. He was already fairly tall and his armor added to his bulk, coupled with his stern expression it made for an intimidating appearance.

"And just who are you and your group of misfits? As you can see we're awfully busy, so I suggest you pedal your wares elsewhere."

Zephyr withheld a growl.

"I've been delayed enough as it is today and I don't have time for you. I was supposed to be here hours ago and drop off some supplies I was contracted to bring. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll do just that." Without warned Zephyr spurred his horse and maneuvered around the man. "Just ask the apprentice if I'm legit or not!" he called back at the armored man.

"Apprentice?" His eyes scanned the group, eventually seeing Seaiga in their midst. After studying her for a bit he grunted. "Hmph. Your master is waiting for you by the door," he said before clanking away, surely off to intimidate someone else.

True to the man's word Sybil was indeed in the doorway of her mansion. Seeing the group, but mostly Seaiga, she seemed to brighten up as they approached.

"I see you all made it back safely, though you've more than doubled in number. Care to explain?"
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 11:26:39 pm by I_Like_Pi »
My Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars OOC | IC
Magi Wars sidestory: Rotting Empire OOC | IC

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"Yeah, we picked up a few stray puppies along the way and everyone wanted to keep 'em. They've been pretty useful so I guess I can't complain none. Let's see. This is Nick, Gilbert, Wynne, Brady, Drest, Simon, and... Quetzalxochitl."

Dale was still saying it slightly off.

"We dunno where she's from, but it ain't anyplace the rest of us ever heard of. Anyway Nick and Gilbert helped us save Zephyr from the guards and we met the other five when we were all attacked by bandits. That Zephyr guy, he sure seems to attract trouble, know what I mean?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 151