Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 151

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars IC Thread Chapter 5: At the Gates of Victory  (Read 92831 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Wynne hurriedly wolfs down what's left of her food, before heading to... wherever the rooms were.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Dale took an apple and got his skinning knife out a second time, peeling the fruit with it easily.

"Well then, all of y'all have yourselves a good night. I'll see you in the morning."

He walked off, spinning the knife idly around his left index finger as he took a bite.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

Quetz smiled in satisfaction.
"I am from Textitlan, across the sea. We mark agreements in blood. Words are easily broken. Blood matters, yes?"

She listened to the golem talk with interest, but nodded as she was dismissed.

"I am curious about these golems as well. Sleep in the serpent's embrace, higher caste."

As she walked out with the priest, she turned to him, then looked away, like she wasn't sure where to put her eyes.
"...Why have you taken off your mask, priest? It is not seemly. Is this a thing of priests in this land?"     
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sea headed off to bed, but transferred the lance she had found to Quetz's room first

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars IC Thread Chapter 1: Supply Run
« Reply #1055 on: May 31, 2017, 07:10:28 pm »

"I also enjoyed our talk, Lady Sybil. I hope to resume it later." Drest said before excusing himself.

When questioned about his mask by Quetzie, the scholar put it back on.

"It is a matter of culture. There are times when societal norms dictate one must take off their mask." he explains while stroking his purring kitten.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"The priests of my land never take off their masks where we may see."     
"They represent the gods. It is not something to simply... take off when convenient!"     

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: May 31, 2017, 08:32:08 pm »

"It is a cultural difference. My mask is not a representation of the gods." he points out.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile

Long after any reasonable person had gone to sleep a trio convened in Sybil Hallewell's study. Two golems made of stone guarded the hallway and another remained stationary outside the door. The study had changed much in the last few hours. The room had been emptied of everything but Sybil's desk and three chairs for the trio to rest on.

"...And that is why I'll be relying on the both of you tomorrow."

"I don't think you were listening to me earlier, Sybil. I don't want any part in this. I agreed to help you out with that delivery because we had good history and you pay well. If I'd known that you expected more than that from me, I would have declined you up front and saved us both the trouble. And now you think you can rope me into this bullshit you're trying to pull!? I don't care what you might pay me, my life isn't worth your gold."

"Afraid of a little bit of danger, merchant? You aren't as helpless as you like to portray yourself as. You're more capable than the majority of those under Lady Sybil's employ. So what do you have to fear on the rare occasion your skills would be required?"

"Yes, I am afraid. Even the strongest of men can be slain in an instant. And what's it matter to you what I do, Astrasian? What business do you have spearheading Sybil's plans? Go back to your emperor."

"The same as yours I can imagine, Ilian. If you won't help then hurry behind your walls while you can."

"Enough, both of you! The two of you are vital to what I hope to accomplish. And Zephyr, while you may not value gold I'm sure you must desire something. If you help me I'll do my best to grant your request."

"...Feh. I'll think about it."

True to the armored man's warning, Sybil's employees were awoken early. The sun hadn't risen yet and dawn still seemed to be far off when those on foot were loaded into wagons with extra space and those with mounts were told to saddle up. Sybil's employees were split off into groups based on their performance on earlier missions and a rare few were by request. Miraculously, the entire group that Zephyr had led back to Sybil's mansion remained together. Perhaps of even greater shock, Sybil designated them her personal bodyguards; though Seaiga's presence may have played a factor in that decision.

Around noon Sybil ordered the convoy to a halt. She explained that she would take her bodyguards and meet with Lord Frealde to negotiate passage through his lands. He had historically been opposed to the magic ban so hopefully the negotiations wouldn't go south. Cullen had been ordered to proceed with the rest of the convoy so that on the chance that Frealde denied them passage some progress would be made. It would be easy for for the smaller group to catch up with the convoy.

The group had been sitting outside Lord Frealde's manor for over an hour now. Frealde's soldiers had only allowed Sybil into the mansion for what they claimed were security reasons. Near the end of the second hour a cavalier rode out to meet them. Some of the group would recognize him as the man that had been after Zephyr. It seemed he remembered them as well.

"We meet again lackeys of the witch! I've come to tell your leader has been detained on account of being guilty of magical practice. I was ordered to let you go, as you are only under her employ; however, I spy others guilty of magical practice. I shall have to detain them as well. Soldiers! Capture the magical practitioners! Leave the others alone unless they interfere!"

Arrive at 17/18-1 or escape via 1-x or 18-x!

Spoiler: HP (click to show/hide)
EXP: 28
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 12:59:40 am by I_Like_Pi »
My Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars OOC | IC
Magi Wars sidestory: Rotting Empire OOC | IC

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"I should have slit your throat when we were alone and I had the chance. See, I thought letting you off with a warning that I don't like people poking into my business would be enough."

"But if there's one thing you need to understand about Dale Barton, he learns from his mistakes, and he don't make them a second time. Know what I mean?"

Dale laughed softly to himself.

"All right. Let's go rescue the Lady and make things peaceful 'round here again."

11,20 and shoot Axe (Manor Guard?) D, then canto to 13,21. Ponder if the tree taking up two tiles counts as two instance of forest or only one.

Actually Dale will just shoot speardude C two blocks south of him.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 09:47:46 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: June 01, 2017, 12:10:20 am »

"You chose poorly." Drest calmly and coldly pointed out, like killing the man was both a foregone conclusion and not a personal matter at all.
>Yes?

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

"Like you could ever catch me, jackass!" Ava had spent a long time dodging guards. . . Not that she'd ever had real soldiers out in force against her like this.

Her eyes darted around the battlefield. Just two cavaliers, a couple spearmen, and two archers between her and the road. A lot more between her and her increasingly slim chances at payment. . .

10-25, Worm speardude D
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 02:53:10 am by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

"You know, Captain Compensating, I get the feeling your men keep getting your asses handed to them by us 'magic practitioners' and friends because you have no healers whatsoever. I mean, really. It's like you're asking to be killed by the dozen."

"I'm going to enjoy watching you fall like the rest."
Black lives matter.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

10-27, blast spearD with fire or C if d is ded

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars IC Thread Chapter 3: Turning Point
« Reply #1064 on: June 04, 2017, 04:32:05 pm »

"Your grey metal will not save you! Grraaah!"

11,25, stab C
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 151