Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 151

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars IC Thread Chapter 5: At the Gates of Victory  (Read 92825 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars IC Thread Chapter 4: Family Reunion
« Reply #1920 on: February 04, 2018, 09:02:41 am »

As the alcohol began to work through her, Quetz began to slip into her native tongue as she laughed at the thought of barbarians shocked at a worm in their drink.
"Mochintin, mauhqui itech quiza ocuilton!"
She took another gulp.
"I wish I had managed to save a bottle, just- just to see all your reactions!"
She giggled.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: February 04, 2018, 10:11:11 am »

"Hell, I wish you'd saved a bottle just so I could see what it's like!"

"I consider myself a bit of an alcohol connoisseur, know what I mean? ...Actually maybe I mean gourmand."

Dale looked confused for a second.

"The one that means I'll drink any old damn thing but I prefer the good stuff."

"This is good too though, right?"

Quetz certainly seemed to be enjoying herself, and it had been awhile since Dale'd had a drinking partner. Even a guy like him was a bit of a social animal and there was nothing wrong with sharing a drink with another person every now and again.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: February 05, 2018, 02:38:39 pm »

"There were bottles on the ship, but the ocean drank them all."
"This is not bad! It is better the more drank."
"I will; have to try the others you mentioned."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: February 05, 2018, 03:23:47 pm »

"That's a shame."

"Here, let me get you a refill. I could do with one too."

Another two bottles of wine opened and one passed over.

"You know, what we oughtta do is load our packs with as much of this as we can carry. Seems like we're about to go on the war path and good booze is hard to come by in the middle of a fight."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: February 05, 2018, 06:43:44 pm »

"That is- a good idea in some aspects."
"But burden in battle is death. We should- should find someone else to carry them for us."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: February 05, 2018, 07:19:18 pm »

"I can fill my saddlebags. Maybe Gilbert's too; this is from his country. A three-way split is better than no shares at all, know what I mean?"

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: February 07, 2018, 07:55:20 am »

"Sounds good."
"There may also be sacks in the kitchen to help carry them."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: February 07, 2018, 07:57:46 am »

"You bet. Let's go get 'em."

Dale led the raiding search party to first acquire some holding materials and then to fill said materials with massive quantities of ill-gotten booze.

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: February 11, 2018, 07:43:59 am »

"How was your experience with learning from her?"

Sybil masked a look of... something as she responded to Drest.

"Let's just say it was short and sweet and leave it there, shall we?"

Chapter 5 ~At the Gates of Victory~

It did not take long for news of Victor Frealde's death at the hands of Sybil Hallewell and her mercenaries to spread across Ludoh. Nor did it take long for the council to declare a state of emergency. With her plans now laid bare before her forces, many of them Ludohan natives, it was only inevitable that there were those who decided to get out before things got dangerous. Or in this case, the majority of the Ludohan natives and a few groups of mercenaries here and there. However, this did not deter her in the slightest; if anything it encouraged her. With the majority of Ludoh's military might on the Isle of Spirit, and her so near the House of Councilors, she had nothing to fear aside from the council members personal forces and what meagre aid they could call upon within a week. In her mind, she had already won.

Unfortunately, the council was not to go down without a fight. A quartet of council members sat around their usual meeting table; however many of the seats were now empty and a scrying orb sat on the table. The rest of the council members had either fled or had already taken up arms and were somewhere in the building, waiting for the witch's forces. Somewhat out of place in the room, a woman with fiery hair and lavender armor sat at the other end of the table. Behind her, a man lurked in the shadows; his silhouette barely visible to those assembled.

"The witch marches on us even as we speak. We've no hope of any more aid from our few allies and her forces still outnumber ours. I fear there is little we can do to stop her."

"If we weren't at war in all but name with Eslana over some useless island we'd have the means to stop her. But who is it that insists that we reclaim the island?"

"But who voted to sell it to those corrupt merchants in the first place? You were the one who dealt and bribed your way to that!"

"We weren't using it, we weren't going to use it, and we haven't used it in over a century. If they wanted it, there was no reason not to sell it to them!"

"You were but a whelp then and knew nothing of the Isle's importance! And you still do not, despite numerous attempts to inform you!"

"I've said it once, and I'll say it again. I don't concern myself with useless information."

"But you certainly concern yourself with that servant of yours! I hear you even have a-"

"Silence! Do you intend to bicker until the moment you die? Councilman Barrand, drop the Isle issue for now; you can complain about how our military is distributed after we deal with the witch! Councilman Gallovine, save your smear campaign for later! We have an important guest!"

The silenced quartet finally focused their attention on the sole woman in the room. She can't quite mask the disdain in her voice.

"If this is how you behave in my absence then I wonder how you meet any of your goals. I didn't want to return to this country so soon after my last visit, but the witch poses a threat to us as well. Isn't that right?" She motioned to the man in the shadows. He silently nodded in response.

"Loathe as I am to admit, it would also be troubling to lose your assistance in our multiple research projects. I will provide you with some aid in the coming battle, though due to continuous sabotage of one of our projects, I will not be able to use my full power. It should, however, be enough to slow them down. And, if all else fails, he's here to tie up any loose ends."

With that, the woman left for the battlefield.

"I'll join her. Someone has to watch the gate, and I doubt she'll stick around if she's at risk to break a nail."

And then there were four.

"I suppose I shall guard the hall then, for that failure will surely lose the gate."

And then there were three.

"I'll continue with the preparations then."

And then there were two.

"How did it come to this?"

The man in the shadows shrugged as he too left the room, leaving only one.

"..."

And soon, there would be none.

The House of Councilors stood on the other side of the river. All that stood between Sybil's mercenaries and their pay was a field full of an assortment of troops and whatever lay in the House of Councilors itself. Amongst the mercenaries, one stood out as their commander.

"Ah hell! Of course Hallewell would decide to take a frontal approach during our shift! Welp, all that's left to do is fight to the death then."

Quote from: Cumulative Scavange
200 gold appears in the party's gold stache.

Reach 19,4!

Spoiler: HP (click to show/hide)
EXP: 00
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 11:41:21 pm by I_Like_Pi »
My Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars OOC | IC
Magi Wars sidestory: Rotting Empire OOC | IC

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars IC Thread Chapter 5: At the Gates of Victory
« Reply #1929 on: February 11, 2018, 09:42:23 am »

9-18 blast the soldier with wind

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars IC Thread Chapter 5: At the Gates of Victory
« Reply #1930 on: February 11, 2018, 11:21:28 pm »

”Welp, back to the grind, as they say. Just ain't a day with Hallewell if people aren't trying to murder you, is it?"
Black lives matter.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: February 12, 2018, 06:44:22 pm »

8-17. Worm Infantry A if Seaiga doesn't kill them. Attack Mercenary D instead if the first target is dead.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: February 12, 2018, 10:59:17 pm »

Dale to 9-16, shoot MercD, canto back to 13-16.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 03:09:21 pm by SeriousConcentrate »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: February 17, 2018, 01:50:21 pm »

8-18. If the soldier is somehow not dead, smack him.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 151