Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Player race?

Dwarves: Classic, with access to weapons no other civ does, as well as steel and stuff, as well as evil creatures and golems.
- 2 (22.2%)
Toads: Peace-loving, can tame good creatures (Like yoshis), but not as powerful naturally
- 4 (44.4%)
Koopas: Rigid, militaristic, can use evil creatures, steel, and special suits of shell armor. Can have spell-slinging magikoopas
- 1 (11.1%)
Shy Guys: Nothing special, they master tasks in just a few seasons, but they rust just as fast.
- 0 (0%)
Jawas: Have access to any pet race (Not counting good or evil I think), and they have star wars weaponry, obviously.
- 2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18

Author Topic: Borechanced; Mods Unleashed  (Read 35037 times)

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
Borechanced; Mods Unleashed
« on: January 19, 2017, 02:28:51 am »

So, as the thread title says, I'm gonna start a modded world, sharing the file and stuff, and I wanna challenge you guys throughout the forums to do a succession game on it, or, failing finding people who would wanna do that with my terrible mods, people telling me what to do at the start of each year of gameplay or somesuch, while I document the ensuing chaos without cheating for once. Would anybody show any interest in that? utilities would indeed be allowed, assuming theyre not used for cheats. I myself use Dwarf Therapist, so that's allowed. (Well, i use the whole LNP, though this version would be on clean vanilla dwarf fortress.)

To anyone who does want to, bonus points if you do your updates in character, as you get to dorf, toad, koop, shy, or jawa yourself.

And yes, in the end this mostly will be an excuse to beta test my own mods in combination with other mods without me having to play much. What, I'm gonna be busy once making this mod is done, and either way when I play, I usually A: cheat heavily, and B: I dont do certain things, so I wanna see if everything works alright.

The basic world description
Imagine the worst dwarf fortress world you've ever genned. Now, throw that to the side, this is worse. Amrok must have been doing some hard drugs when this world was generated. Amongst the oddities, various creatures from non-dwarf-fortress games hang around, theres a specific kind of giant mushroom on the surface, and evil biomes (Which are most of them I might add) are occupied by various types of flying fish. Underground, youll find actual crabs that spit molten rock (not vanilla magma crabs), giant, translucent scorpions, and more horrors.

Succession Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/losjv3sl7vuzgfs/Dorf%20chaos%20pack%20SUCCESSION.zip?dl=0 (Just download, install, pick a civ, and settle. Pardon the short history, I dont have the best memory and i had to put a lot of civs in to spawn all five player civs. If you download it and play on the world without playing succession, please, give me your story~)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 04:05:29 am by Kyubee »
My mod: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=176501.0
The litten is wandering around the dump now, occasionally exploding.

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
Re: So, I'm gonna start a modded succession game...
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 07:58:51 am »

Oh, a quick set of settlement rules;

1. Max embark size is 5x5, minimum is 3x3. any higher than 5x5 bricks my computer, and I may play with the various versions you guys make.
2. No cheating, though use of Dwarf Therapist and Soundsense are allowed.
3. Multiple succession games can be up at once, but i'd prefer if the starters of them moved to their own thread and linked back to this one in the intial post
4. have lots of FUN.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 08:26:22 am by Kyubee »

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone up for a modded succession game?
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 09:59:51 am »

I may sign up for a fort

Though... I may not. Depends on if anyone else'll join.
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 05:34:42 pm »

I may sign up for a fort

Though... I may not. Depends on if anyone else'll join.

I hope more people do

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 01:22:21 pm »

I might
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2017, 07:12:21 am »

Sponge

• Bay Watcher
  • I like wearing shoes on both of my feet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2017, 12:42:08 pm »

I'll try! I'll warn you that I've never done a succession game before. I've also rarely stumbled with mods before so this might go terrible for me. Anyways, I assume you'll do the first year? Or am I choosing where to settle and such (Because you gave settlement rules)?
I like wearing shoes on both of my feet.

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2017, 09:48:37 pm »

I'll try! I'll warn you that I've never done a succession game before. I've also rarely stumbled with mods before so this might go terrible for me. Anyways, I assume you'll do the first year? Or am I choosing where to settle and such (Because you gave settlement rules)?

I'm not starting. whoever starts, sets up the embark. Be sure to give screenshots (using Gyazo if possible, look it up)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2017, 10:48:01 pm »

Why does it matter what image hoster people use?

*Pst, new readers. The fort starts here.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 09:14:29 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Sponge

• Bay Watcher
  • I like wearing shoes on both of my feet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2017, 11:02:17 pm »

I'm not starting. whoever starts, sets up the embark. Be sure to give screenshots (using Gyazo if possible, look it up)
I'll start tomorrow then. I think I'm going to use imgur instead though. Just more used to it.
I like wearing shoes on both of my feet.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2017, 11:17:58 pm »

I'd probably be up for this in a few weeks, once I no longer have diploma exams. For now, I'm busy alternately stressing out and wasting time or not stressing out and still wasting time. This is a busy schedule that leaves no time for succession games.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2017, 11:34:24 pm »

I'm looking forward to watching this fort.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2017, 02:51:30 am »

I'd probably be up for this in a few weeks, once I no longer have diploma exams. For now, I'm busy alternately stressing out and wasting time or not stressing out and still wasting time. This is a busy schedule that leaves no time for succession games.

Well, I'm thinking that anyone will be able to pick up where the last guy left off, rather than giving a strict order, so dont worry~

Why does it matter what image hoster people use?

It doesnt, Gyazos just the one I remember

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2017, 09:18:33 am »

If you don't have a turn order, what if two people want to start at the same time?
My mods and forum games.

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2017, 10:34:29 am »

If you don't have a turn order, what if two people want to start at the same time?

They clarify before they start, and then, the next guy who wants a turn, when they start (preferably shortly before), says "Hey, I'm going to take over from here"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18