Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Player race?

Dwarves: Classic, with access to weapons no other civ does, as well as steel and stuff, as well as evil creatures and golems.
- 2 (22.2%)
Toads: Peace-loving, can tame good creatures (Like yoshis), but not as powerful naturally
- 4 (44.4%)
Koopas: Rigid, militaristic, can use evil creatures, steel, and special suits of shell armor. Can have spell-slinging magikoopas
- 1 (11.1%)
Shy Guys: Nothing special, they master tasks in just a few seasons, but they rust just as fast.
- 0 (0%)
Jawas: Have access to any pet race (Not counting good or evil I think), and they have star wars weaponry, obviously.
- 2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18

Author Topic: Borechanced; Mods Unleashed  (Read 35600 times)

Sponge

• Bay Watcher
  • I like wearing shoes on both of my feet.
    • View Profile
Re: Borechanced; Mods Unleashed
« Reply #120 on: January 30, 2017, 09:01:43 am »

I like how our own citizens are killing themselves and each other.
I like wearing shoes on both of my feet.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #121 on: January 30, 2017, 09:12:51 am »

And before the first year is even over.

This is gonna go well.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #122 on: January 30, 2017, 09:21:52 am »

And before the first year is even over.

This is gonna go well.

On the other hand, monsters might benefit heavily from the dwarven childcare treatment.  Does witnessing tragedy make them less likely to cry in combat?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 30, 2017, 11:52:34 am »

I think they're all still crybabies regardless, but they at least wont freeze up and panic with high enough discipline. The one miner, Temi, has been freezing in terror every time he witnesses something or gets blood rained on his head.

And yeah the fire monsters are igniting their surroundings, their clothes, and melting the ice out from under them. I suppose something else could have happened to Muff, since he just vanished.

Actually, if that first forest fire melted a part of the glacier right in front of him and he got frozen in the water, that could explain it. Anyway, the remainder of last night and this morning coming up next.

Journal of Eric, Expedition leader, 105.

Malachite 23, 105
Not long after I left the last journal, we lost Dreem. I'm not sure what happened to him, we think a tree fell on him while he was working to clear the woods around us.

We built a mid-size shack or house on the surface, it doesnt have a purpose yet but I was thinking of building onto it to serve as an inn for those that might visit us. Without Dreem we've had trouble expanding. I'm thinking of just incorporating the remaining trees into buildings instead of trying to cut them down, but I asked a new migrant, Whim, to get a few of them anyway. About 50% of the trees he cuts end up having one or more parts collapse, and thankfully he hasnt been caught underneath one yet.

More migrants arrived. I could tell from the smoke one of them was a fire monster again. They approached from the north, on the glacier, and this fire monster also quickly vanished beneath the ice. She took another migrant with her, according to survivors. I'm debating setting aside another section of fortress especially for them, those that make it inside anyway. We'd almost certainly have to do all the digging, they couldnt have furniture except magma-proof stone, and they'd probably just as soon die of boredom.

We've dug a memorial and temple out of the glacier.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Total casualties at present: five. Four of them we never recovered, and Bratty burned away. We can pray for them, as we meditate on mountains and nature, here in the ice. We can probably obviously make it significantly more complex, but at the moment we're short on labor trying to get everything set up.

Additionally, I found Snow standing in the hallway staring off into space holding a mug. Once I took the mug from him he snapped out of it and went to grab a drink. I have no idea what that was about.

We've built a shack around the trade depot and dug out some rooms underground. I figure those can be for entertainment and recreation for us. Probably put in a library down there eventually. But their main purpose at the moment is as a quarry; we needed the stone.

15th Moonstone;
A caravan from the King finally arrived. I was beginning to wonder if he just forgot about us after sending me out here to establish an outpost.

Bos and the other crafters have made quite a few mugs in their time, that being what we have to trade. Haven't gotten any smeltery going yet although we have coal and tetrahedryte availalbe.

Oh, and there are snowmen scooting around the woods. It's kind of disturbing... I dont think they're dangerous, strictly speaking.

Oh! And I forgot to mention, our venusaur got killed by another bulldrome and the galvantula hatched an egg.

We traded all our mugs for a comparatively small quantity of garbage goods. The merchant was nasty, wouldnt negotiate anything less than 200☼ profit, and at one point demanded 500☼. We had little choice but to comply. We got some much needed supplies.

I've just been informed that Snow hasnt been seen for weeks. I wonder what happened to him...

Regardless, my tenure is up for the year, if the king wants to renew the contract good, but i've had about enough of this job.

Obsidian 28th

Someone elses' problems now.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 01:22:30 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #124 on: January 30, 2017, 01:14:55 pm »

This makes me wonder how megabeast encounters or sieges will go with the monsters simply freezing up in terror at the sight of dead bodies.

Speaking of, two questions - have any wild beasts showed up yet? Also what are our starting livestock (if they're even still alive)?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 30, 2017, 02:48:49 pm »

ZM5, did you want to take the next turn?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Sponge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 30, 2017, 02:52:20 pm »

I'll go after ZM5 if he goes.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #127 on: January 30, 2017, 03:25:58 pm »

Sure.

I apologize beforehand for my crappy fort-mode skills - given the fire monsters I suppose I'll mostly be focusing on keeping the fort alive but not doing too much fancy stuff.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 30, 2017, 03:46:26 pm »

Dont worry; a lot of the basics are in, and the only two fire monsters thus far both wandered into the ice and died.

For livestock, currently the only animals we have are the galvantulas, the female is currently sitting on another egg which I think is fertilized (I let the monsters collect the last one she laid right after the first hatched so she ran around a while), the mining droid, and a poodle that belonged to one of the fire monsters. There were a couple others but i slaughtered them, including a droid child that had no hands and could not clean. I've ordered a few more creatures from the caravan, including cats, dogs, and more mareeps.

On the surface there's a walled-in area that still needs a roof, to serve as the tavern/inn for visitors, first one below ground has farms and kitchens and a temporary stockpile and hospital, second has large food stockpiles, I think the third has some rooms for animal pens and a well. Fourth has nothing much, fifth and sixth have a couple workshops and are in the stone.

There's loads of bituminous coal, and I brought some cassiterite iirc so if you set up a smeltery you can make some bronze equipment real quick. We only have 12 monsters at the moment.

This here is the save: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12692
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #129 on: January 30, 2017, 03:50:30 pm »

*Facepalm*

I checked the raws.  Turns out that while I did set the material for monster fire magic to be at 10300 (hot enough to singe, but not enough to ignite), I forgot to actually make fire monsters out of it.

In the CREATURE_UNDERTALE raws, if you replace [TISSUE_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:FLAME] with [TISSUE_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:MAGIC_FIRE], and [FIXED_TEMP:10800] with [FIXED_TEMP:10300], things should explode somewhat less.  I think the existing ones will still be at the same temperature because of how FIXED_TEMP works, but any migrants should have the correct values.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #130 on: January 30, 2017, 04:02:53 pm »

*Facepalm*

I checked the raws.  Turns out that while I did set the material for monster fire magic to be at 10300 (hot enough to singe, but not enough to ignite), I forgot to actually make fire monsters out of it.

In the CREATURE_UNDERTALE raws, if you replace [TISSUE_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:FLAME] with [TISSUE_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:MAGIC_FIRE], and [FIXED_TEMP:10800] with [FIXED_TEMP:10300], things should explode somewhat less.  I think the existing ones will still be at the same temperature because of how FIXED_TEMP works, but any migrants should have the correct values.
If everyone is fine with it I'll do the change, then.

Sponge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 30, 2017, 04:08:18 pm »

*Facepalm*

If everyone is fine with it I'll do the change, then.
Will we have to regen the world (For the third time)? If not, go for it.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 30, 2017, 04:10:58 pm »

I think we should make the change. It should fix the problem without a regen.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #133 on: January 30, 2017, 04:17:14 pm »

Creature changes don't require a regen AFAIK, but existing ones on the map won't be affected by the change.

EDIT: Well, uhh, first impressions...

The entire northern area is covered in frozen blood.

A beehive is present in the same area. I didn't know vampire bees were a thing.

This bodes well.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 04:59:26 pm by ZM5 »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 30, 2017, 05:29:05 pm »

I got a screenshot of our neighbors, if anyone is interested.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 05:40:40 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18