Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Player race?

Dwarves: Classic, with access to weapons no other civ does, as well as steel and stuff, as well as evil creatures and golems.
- 2 (22.2%)
Toads: Peace-loving, can tame good creatures (Like yoshis), but not as powerful naturally
- 4 (44.4%)
Koopas: Rigid, militaristic, can use evil creatures, steel, and special suits of shell armor. Can have spell-slinging magikoopas
- 1 (11.1%)
Shy Guys: Nothing special, they master tasks in just a few seasons, but they rust just as fast.
- 0 (0%)
Jawas: Have access to any pet race (Not counting good or evil I think), and they have star wars weaponry, obviously.
- 2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18

Author Topic: Borechanced; Mods Unleashed  (Read 35015 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Borechanced; Mods Unleashed
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2017, 11:41:47 am »

I noticed looking closely at the equipment lists that we have two more interesting animals. The lotad is a pokemon and the kodo is a dinosaur thing from Warcraft.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 11:44:49 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2017, 11:51:53 am »

Kodos can be war-trained FYI. Could help a little bit since they're rather large.

Sponge

• Bay Watcher
  • I like wearing shoes on both of my feet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2017, 12:04:48 pm »

I gotta say, this is really making me want to start modding more intensively again - have done some on and off stuff in the meantime but not too much.

Also @IndigoFenix, before Kyubee gets too far into the year, I noticed Shy Guys are at war with every other civ - does their civ have ITEM_THIEF and/or BABYSNATCHER?

AFAIK it could be somewhat problematic to get exported wealth up (for megabeasts and sieges) with those since IIRC if your civ has ITEM_THIEF then goods that you trade count as stolen, and conversely with BABYSNATCHER any animals you trade off count as kidnapped. Ergo in both cases the trades dont count towards exported wealth.
They are Item Thieves according to the mod page. We'll have to see how this goes. If anything, maybe we can eventually raise it in a technical way or something.

To everyone wanting to be Guy'd, I'll do it in about 2-3 hours when I get home.

Also I've decided instead of editing the last post I'll make a new one each time to help with people's notifications.

EDIT: To elaborate on "Technical" I meant maybe something in the raws or even DFHack. It's not a problem at the moment though.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 12:13:54 pm by sponge »
I like wearing shoes on both of my feet.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2017, 12:17:00 pm »

Dunno if editing that line out of their entity file will change anything. Don't know about DFHack either since that's not my speciality really.

Also wtf I just noticed I wrote "Kyubee" instead of "sponge" in my previous post - sorry :E.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2017, 12:23:30 pm »

If we do have to reset, I would like to point out that the jawa weapons aren't that impressive. They have welding torches, stun batons, and a blaster.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Sponge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2017, 12:35:14 pm »

If we do have to reset, I would like to point out that the jawa weapons aren't that impressive. They have welding torches, stun batons, and a blaster.
You should take a vote about resetting. I don't think it's much of a problem, but some people might. I could just re-gen the world until I get a better civ if more people vote yes to reset instead of no.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2017, 12:42:07 pm »

You could force a particular playable civ to generate by erasing all the other [SITE_CONTROLLABLE] tags.
My mods and forum games.

Sponge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2017, 12:56:03 pm »

You could force a particular playable civ to generate by erasing all the other [SITE_CONTROLLABLE] tags.
You'd have to take another vote on race for that. Otherwise i'd probably play as koopa (Still going to play more of the Guys today though, unless we decide something soon.).

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2017, 01:13:50 pm »

I don't control the thread, Kyubee does.
My mods and forum games.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2017, 01:30:18 pm »

If we do end up having to regen now or later, can I request to have the full version of my modpack be included? Unless it adds too much load times or something - I'm mostly curious how some of my non-Warcraft creatures/races would fare in sieges and the like.

Sponge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2017, 01:30:58 pm »

I don't control the thread, Kyubee does.
Oh yeah lol. Sorry forgot. I just remembered you helping me with the modpack and forgot to check back. Anyways Kyubee should do what I said earlier.

Sponge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2017, 01:32:51 pm »

If we do end up having to regen now or later, can I request to have the full version of my modpack be included? Unless it adds too much load times or something - I'm mostly curious how some of my non-Warcraft creatures/races would fare in sieges and the like.
I would be open to that. The more mods the merrier right?

(The only setback would be how big the animals list would be in prepare carefully :P)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2017, 01:37:16 pm »

I considered including your full pack, but it modifies several default files. Currently, the pony mod is also doing that, so we'd need to figure out how to merge the two. The mod is also already showing long load times and instability from the current collection. I can do it if we really want to, but I think it's good as it is.

So far, the only default raws I've changed are the sharks, whatever the ponies are doing to the game, and a bit of new weapons for the vanilla civs.

I do think we shouldn't regenerate the world until Indigo gives his opinion. Since he made them, he probably knows if the Shy-Guys don't get sieges or beasts.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 01:42:17 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

Sponge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2017, 01:45:35 pm »

I considered including your full pack, but it modifies several default files. Currently, the pony mod is also doing that, so we'd need to figure out how to merge the two. The mod is also already showing long load times and instability from the current collection. I can do it if we really want to, but I think it's good as it is.

So far, the only default raws I've changed are the sharks, whatever the ponies are doing to the game, and a bit of new weapons for the vanilla civs.

I do think we shouldn't regenerate the world until Indigo gives his opinion. Since he made them, he probably knows if the Shy-Guys don't get sieges or beasts.
The instability is true taking into account the weird world crashing. We already have to play around that. Also I missed the fact Indigo had made the mod. This is great! He could give us an answer (Or at least confirm they won't happen).
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 01:52:38 pm by sponge »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2017, 02:13:31 pm »

Ah, that makes sense then.

To be fair, most of the default raw changes I made are simple renames to prevent confusion with the Warcraft and Dragon's Dogma parts of the modpack (i.e goblins being renamed to "devilkin" and so on - those only apply to creature_standard, though), or bugfixes for some of the non-creature_standard files, which, to be perfectly honest, I'm not sure if they're relevant anymore (gorlaks being able to open doors, bones having way too many pain receptors, PHM being able to talk, so on and so forth) - so they could be safely excluded since most are not relevant to fort mode anyway.

IIRC the entity_default changes I made are what you did already (more weapons for default civs - the only other thing I can think of is full noble sets for goblins and humans, but again those are more or less irrelevant).

Still, if the full pack makes the game too unstable or laggy then I can agree on omitting it and only sticking with the WC stuff.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18