Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Player race?

Dwarves: Classic, with access to weapons no other civ does, as well as steel and stuff, as well as evil creatures and golems.
- 2 (22.2%)
Toads: Peace-loving, can tame good creatures (Like yoshis), but not as powerful naturally
- 4 (44.4%)
Koopas: Rigid, militaristic, can use evil creatures, steel, and special suits of shell armor. Can have spell-slinging magikoopas
- 1 (11.1%)
Shy Guys: Nothing special, they master tasks in just a few seasons, but they rust just as fast.
- 0 (0%)
Jawas: Have access to any pet race (Not counting good or evil I think), and they have star wars weaponry, obviously.
- 2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18

Author Topic: Borechanced; Mods Unleashed  (Read 35720 times)

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
Re: Borechanced; Mods Unleashed
« Reply #75 on: January 28, 2017, 11:59:24 am »

Okay, there's been a lot of questions!

First off, yes, Shy Guys don't do too well with things like trade and they tend to be enemies with everyone (they're kind of selfish).  They should still get invasions due to population growth and regular fortress wealth even if exporting wealth doesn't work; basically a typical Shy Guy fort is protected by traps and animals until you get access to the nobles that let you sustain a proper military.

The only way to get carmot as Shy Guys is from the slot machine, and the coins it requires are Shining Coins, which are dropped from enemies when you butcher them.  You can get some cool things from subspace; if you get a subspace crystal you can power things like the the toy box which gives you infinite building materials of whatever color you want until the crystal disappears, but you might have trouble getting coins in a crossover mod since many wild animals will be from other mods.

I won't be offended if you decide to start over.  If you want to play as a Mushroom Kingdom race, I'd suggest Toads; they have "normal" allies and their Market Pipe lets them get Shining Coins by fulfilling requests instead of killing monsters, so they won't be inhibited by the relative rarity of Mushroom Kingdom monsters.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #76 on: January 28, 2017, 12:36:20 pm »

Might as well go with Toads then, if just because the mental image of a Toad fortress fighting off Scourge Undead, various beasts from Star Wars, amongst other things, is like something out of the best fever dream.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 28, 2017, 12:41:39 pm »

That does sound funny. If we do start again, can we force the name Borechanced?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 01:37:52 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Sponge

• Bay Watcher
  • I like wearing shoes on both of my feet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 28, 2017, 02:51:40 pm »

Ok. When I play today, I'll make it so the Toads Force-Spawn and force name the fort BoreChanced. Full steam ahead from there!
I like wearing shoes on both of my feet.

Sponge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 28, 2017, 03:26:55 pm »

So for some reason in the raws there was two files for each entity. Weird but the world generated fine when I removed all the playable tags. Yet to see if I can embark.

Sponge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 28, 2017, 03:53:41 pm »

Can confirm toads work. Also I forgot to change the fort name so i'm going to see if I can do that in the save raws.

EDIT: Apparently impossible. Could we change the name of the thread? The fort's called "PokedTrussed". Not as good of a name, I know, but it shouldn't be too much trouble. Sorry for forgetting the name.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 03:57:40 pm by sponge »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #81 on: January 28, 2017, 04:31:05 pm »

What do you mean by two entity files?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 28, 2017, 04:41:57 pm »

I checked my copy of the mod, and I only had one of each entity file. Did you maybe do the search from the main DF folder, rather than inside the objects file? That would cause the game to see the extra files inside your saves.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Sponge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 28, 2017, 05:18:30 pm »

Hey guys, maybe someone else should take over. I might take a turn in the future, but having to restart kinda burnt me out. Have fun!

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #84 on: January 28, 2017, 05:27:01 pm »

That's probably a good idea for now. Who was next on the turnlist?

Also, I should probably say - sign me up for a turn later on as well. Never participated in something like this before but I figure I might as well.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 28, 2017, 05:38:36 pm »

From rereading the thread, I see these people.

TheImmortalRyukan (Maybe)
Gwolski(Maybe)
Arcvasti(In a few weeks)
Eric Blank
You also wanted a turn "later on".

I guess it's Eric's turn, unless he doesn't want the first turn. I don't really want to go first, but I'll do it if need be.
My mods and forum games.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #86 on: January 28, 2017, 06:28:42 pm »

Alright, I set up a google doc for the turnlist here - I'll eventually make it non-public once we get a few turns in. For now though I'll leave it to you guys to arrange it - I'd be willing to take a turn after Eric Blank if Gwolski and TheImmortalRyukan decide to drop out.

Sponge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 28, 2017, 09:32:11 pm »

Alright, I set up a google doc for the turnlist here - I'll eventually make it non-public once we get a few turns in. For now though I'll leave it to you guys to arrange it - I'd be willing to take a turn after Eric Blank if Gwolski and TheImmortalRyukan decide to drop out.
I'll go ahead an put myself at the end of the turnlist.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 29, 2017, 01:48:30 am »

I guess I can start, yeah. Any requests on start location?

Oh, and I'll need all the files and/or links to them, Ive yet to find a complete list.
I didn't look in the right spot nevermind
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 01:50:57 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #89 on: January 29, 2017, 05:35:42 am »

I don't really have any specific requests - while I can't speak for others, most of the Warcraft creatures in my pack appear in savage biomes, so embarking there might be a bit nasty. Same if you decide to embark near Demon or Undead hillocks, provided either of them exist in the world.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18