Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Player race?

Dwarves: Classic, with access to weapons no other civ does, as well as steel and stuff, as well as evil creatures and golems.
- 2 (22.2%)
Toads: Peace-loving, can tame good creatures (Like yoshis), but not as powerful naturally
- 4 (44.4%)
Koopas: Rigid, militaristic, can use evil creatures, steel, and special suits of shell armor. Can have spell-slinging magikoopas
- 1 (11.1%)
Shy Guys: Nothing special, they master tasks in just a few seasons, but they rust just as fast.
- 0 (0%)
Jawas: Have access to any pet race (Not counting good or evil I think), and they have star wars weaponry, obviously.
- 2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18

Author Topic: Borechanced; Mods Unleashed  (Read 35598 times)

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
Re: Borechanced; Mods Unleashed
« Reply #90 on: January 29, 2017, 09:41:37 am »

I'd suggest a boundary biome to experience the maximum variety of wildlife.

As far as ROTMK, temperate shrublands are classical Mushroom Kingdom, tropics are Yoshi lands.  Either would be good, though swamps and deserts don't have quite as much variety.  Also tropical broadleaf forests are Kong territory, which means not as much coins.

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 29, 2017, 10:38:03 am »

Sorry I was on a hiatus. yesterday I was out and about and the day before i slept in because I  was sick. But I'd suggest a boundry between biomes; Perhaps with a river or lake too.And if possible, a necro tower nearby. everything else is up to he who starts.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 10:42:57 am by Kyubee »
My mod: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=176501.0
The litten is wandering around the dump now, occasionally exploding.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #92 on: January 29, 2017, 10:42:41 am »

Sorry I was on a hiatus. yesterday I was out and about and the day before i slept in because I  was sick. But I'd suggest a boundry between biomes; Perhaps with a river or lake too.And if possible, a necro tower. everything else is up to he who starts.
I agree with the boundary biome - seems like a good solution. Though myself I wouldn't recommend being near a tower unless you want to risk a group of pyromancers being present in it and "visiting" with a group of firemen (I can speak from experience that it'll lag the entire thing up and devastate most of the landscape).

When it comes to the WC creatures, savage tropical biomes (mostly forests) tend to be inhabited by some of the dinosaur-type creatures - devilsaurs, raptors, skyscreamers and the like.

Savage wetlands also have a lot of plant-based creatures, i.e fungal giants, bog beasts, spore bats. I'd imagine infections would prove to be an issue - also if Enemy post added the plants from my pack as well you'll see aboveground giant shrooms (zangar-caps), so I guess if you wanted wooden furniture in a light blue colour that'd be fine as well.

Savage deserts have some of the aforementioned dinosaurs, alongside some large insects like the ravagers and the silithid. Also thunder lizards which are more or less kodos with lightning breath.

Lastly, savage icy biomes (tundras and taigas, glaciers also) have some nasty beasts as well - sort of a mishmash of the other biomes - you have gargantuan worms called jormungars, arachnatids (basically large scorpion-type insects), crystalline tenders (satyrs and dryads made out of a stone-like material), amongst a few other creatures. You'll also see light blue crystalline trees, which IIRC I made a bit more dense than regular ones so they could actually be useful for blunt weapons.

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 29, 2017, 10:53:15 am »

Sorry I was on a hiatus. yesterday I was out and about and the day before i slept in because I  was sick. But I'd suggest a boundry between biomes; Perhaps with a river or lake too.And if possible, a necro tower. everything else is up to he who starts.
I agree with the boundary biome - seems like a good solution. Though myself I wouldn't recommend being near a tower unless you want to risk a group of pyromancers being present in it and "visiting" with a group of firemen (I can speak from experience that it'll lag the entire thing up and devastate most of the landscape).

When it comes to the WC creatures, savage tropical biomes (mostly forests) tend to be inhabited by some of the dinosaur-type creatures - devilsaurs, raptors, skyscreamers and the like.

Savage wetlands also have a lot of plant-based creatures, i.e fungal giants, bog beasts, spore bats. I'd imagine infections would prove to be an issue - also if Enemy post added the plants from my pack as well you'll see aboveground giant shrooms (zangar-caps), so I guess if you wanted wooden furniture in a light blue colour that'd be fine as well.

Savage deserts have some of the aforementioned dinosaurs, alongside some large insects like the ravagers and the silithid. Also thunder lizards which are more or less kodos with lightning breath.

Lastly, savage icy biomes (tundras and taigas, glaciers also) have some nasty beasts as well - sort of a mishmash of the other biomes - you have gargantuan worms called jormungars, arachnatids (basically large scorpion-type insects), crystalline tenders (satyrs and dryads made out of a stone-like material), amongst a few other creatures. You'll also see light blue crystalline trees, which IIRC I made a bit more dense than regular ones so they could actually be useful for blunt weapons.

I read Jormungar as Jokulmordor and instantly thought of Magic The Gathering's Coldsnap expansion. im such a nerd. and hey i made trees like the crystal ones too! Super dense mushrooms. speaking of, how do you make large mushroom trees? my Trog-Cap in my mod keep spawning as 1 talls.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #94 on: January 29, 2017, 11:48:10 am »

Here's the raws for the zangar-caps:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Fairly sure it's governed by the MAX_TRUNK_HEIGHT mixed with TRUNK_PERIOD - though apparently TREE_HAS_MUSHROOM_CAP stunts the trees maximum height too - I haven't really had issues with it, the zangar-caps dont grow very high but also not very low.

Sponge

• Bay Watcher
  • I like wearing shoes on both of my feet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 29, 2017, 12:30:00 pm »

I guess I can start, yeah. Any requests on start location?

Oh, and I'll need all the files and/or links to them, Ive yet to find a complete list.
I didn't look in the right spot nevermind
I would say at least untamed wilds, Temperate/Warm temperature, and no aquifer. 
I like wearing shoes on both of my feet.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 29, 2017, 12:32:40 pm »

I'm fine with wherever, but could you please name the fort Borechanced?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 29, 2017, 02:16:27 pm »

I guess I can start, yeah. Any requests on start location?

Oh, and I'll need all the files and/or links to them, Ive yet to find a complete list.
I didn't look in the right spot nevermind
I would say at least untamed wilds, Temperate/Warm temperature, and no aquifer.

How about at a cross between a temperate and tropical area? like, find the spot it changes

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 29, 2017, 03:01:13 pm »

Alright, having fun with this 56kb error log. It might take a few hours before I can generate a new world, and the one included in the dropbox file crashes on attempting to start up.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 29, 2017, 03:22:04 pm »

Don't use the Dropbox file, that modpack doesn't work. Use this one I made.

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12684
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 29, 2017, 03:29:43 pm »

Oh. Yeah, that would save some time :P

And we wanted to add the entirety of one more mod, correct? What was that?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 03:35:25 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 29, 2017, 03:37:40 pm »

I could try to squeeze the rest of ZM5's pack in there. I don't think we're actually doing that though, because it's pretty full as it is.
My mods and forum games.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #102 on: January 29, 2017, 03:56:14 pm »

I would appreciate it, however if it does cause too many issues I agree we should omit it.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 29, 2017, 04:08:06 pm »

I'll see what I can do.
My mods and forum games.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 29, 2017, 04:10:28 pm »

I guess I'll wait then
I make Spellcrafts!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18