Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Player race?

Dwarves: Classic, with access to weapons no other civ does, as well as steel and stuff, as well as evil creatures and golems.
- 2 (22.2%)
Toads: Peace-loving, can tame good creatures (Like yoshis), but not as powerful naturally
- 4 (44.4%)
Koopas: Rigid, militaristic, can use evil creatures, steel, and special suits of shell armor. Can have spell-slinging magikoopas
- 1 (11.1%)
Shy Guys: Nothing special, they master tasks in just a few seasons, but they rust just as fast.
- 0 (0%)
Jawas: Have access to any pet race (Not counting good or evil I think), and they have star wars weaponry, obviously.
- 2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18

Author Topic: Borechanced; Mods Unleashed  (Read 35025 times)

Sponge

• Bay Watcher
  • I like wearing shoes on both of my feet.
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone up for a modded succession game?
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2017, 11:58:12 am »

If you don't have a turn order, what if two people want to start at the same time?

They clarify before they start, and then, the next guy who wants a turn, when they start (preferably shortly before), says "Hey, I'm going to take over from here"
I'm not sure if that's the best idea. It will get disorganized pretty quick.
I like wearing shoes on both of my feet.

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2017, 12:03:56 pm »

If you don't have a turn order, what if two people want to start at the same time?

They clarify before they start, and then, the next guy who wants a turn, when they start (preferably shortly before), says "Hey, I'm going to take over from here"
I'm not sure if that's the best idea. It will get disorganized pretty quick.

True. Well, for now, the order is just you, Sponge, then  either of the other two who said they may be up for it right away
My mod: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=176501.0
The litten is wandering around the dump now, occasionally exploding.

Sponge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2017, 06:20:55 pm »

Going to start playing now! I'll post what I played today in my next post, then edit it the more I play until my turn is up. I'll also be playing toads, as they got voted for the most. Let's see how badly I screw this up.

Sponge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2017, 06:30:57 pm »

Seems like the save that the download came with doesn't work. Game just closes upon loading. I'm just going to create a new world. I'll try to settle somewhere somewhat dangerous.

Sponge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2017, 06:41:08 pm »

Game crashed upon creation of the world. There's something wrong with this modpack.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2017, 07:09:21 pm »

I'll see if I can do anything. If it doesn't work, I could piece some mods together or we could use Jecowa's pack.

*I started trying to fix it. It looks like the problems stem from inventory mods not cooperating and overwriting the standard file, and mistakes native to the mods used in the pack.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 07:32:49 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Sponge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2017, 11:13:09 pm »

I'll see if I can do anything. If it doesn't work, I could piece some mods together or we could use Jecowa's pack.

*I started trying to fix it. It looks like the problems stem from inventory mods not cooperating and overwriting the standard file, and mistakes native to the mods used in the pack.
Any progress?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2017, 11:26:10 pm »

With Kyubee's permission, I dumped the old pack and spent the day making a new one. I have 17 mods working together, listed here.

It's mostly clear of errors, except for one minor issue with a type of pony. That shouldn't really interfere with anything. However, there's a more serious issue with worldgen. It crashes due to an impoverished word selector issue if you run worldgen with a big world and a long history. As long as we don't make the world too big and old it should work fine. There's also an issue that civs build up a lot on the Earth worldgens, but that's not really a problem, so much as it's just unusual.

I could try adding more mods, but the game's starting to strain as it is.

*And here it is. I think Sponge should be in charge of choosing our race and embark, since they were the first to be willing to try this out. Tell me if it doesn't work. I can confirm that Medium Earth worldgens on the advanced parameters menu should work with a 150 year history.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 11:16:57 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Sponge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2017, 01:15:13 pm »

With Kyubee's permission, I dumped the old pack and spent the day making a new one. I have 17 mods working together, listed here.

It's mostly clear of errors, except for one minor issue with a type of pony. That shouldn't really interfere with anything. However, there's a more serious issue with worldgen. It crashes due to an impoverished word selector issue if you run worldgen with a big world and a long history. As long as we don't make the world too big and old it should work fine. There's also an issue that civs build up a lot on the Earth worldgens, but that's not really a problem, so much as it's just unusual.

I could try adding more mods, but the game's starting to strain as it is.

*And here it is. I think Sponge should be in charge of choosing our race and embark, since they were the first to be willing to try this out. Tell me if it doesn't work. I can confirm that Medium Earth worldgens on the advanced parameters menu should work with a 150 year history.
Great! I'll try it once I get home.

EDIT: Going to try it now.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 06:04:06 pm by sponge »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2017, 06:40:10 pm »

I hope it works, because otherwise my head will explode.
My mods and forum games.

Sponge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2017, 07:07:50 pm »

I hope it works, because otherwise my head will explode.
I've been playing around a while, making worlds seems good. I assume by "Medium Earth" you mean the continent worlds on medium? About to make the actually world.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2017, 07:14:35 pm »

I meant the "Medium North America" and the like. Glad it's working.
My mods and forum games.

Sponge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2017, 07:17:32 pm »

Just tried medium North America. World was created fine (Like I tested) but once I tried to play on it it crashed. Going to try a normal small world.

EDIT: Forgot to say the history was at 90 Years.

EDIT EDIT: Wait. I might be able to get it to work. Give me a second.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 07:23:18 pm by sponge »

Sponge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2017, 07:31:46 pm »

Just tried medium North America. World was created fine (Like I tested) but once I tried to play on it it crashed. Going to try a normal small world.

EDIT: Forgot to say the history was at 90 Years.

EDIT EDIT: Wait. I might be able to get it to work. Give me a second.
Fixed it! This modpack is weird. The first time I do anything involving worlds is fine but the second time I do it a crash happens. I have to close and open it any time I do anything. What was happening is I made the world then tried to play it, when really I have to make the world, exit, then open it again. Next post should be the game post.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2017, 07:38:45 pm »

Well that's bizarre.
My mods and forum games.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18