Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Player race?

Dwarves: Classic, with access to weapons no other civ does, as well as steel and stuff, as well as evil creatures and golems.
- 2 (22.2%)
Toads: Peace-loving, can tame good creatures (Like yoshis), but not as powerful naturally
- 4 (44.4%)
Koopas: Rigid, militaristic, can use evil creatures, steel, and special suits of shell armor. Can have spell-slinging magikoopas
- 1 (11.1%)
Shy Guys: Nothing special, they master tasks in just a few seasons, but they rust just as fast.
- 0 (0%)
Jawas: Have access to any pet race (Not counting good or evil I think), and they have star wars weaponry, obviously.
- 2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18

Author Topic: Borechanced; Mods Unleashed  (Read 35016 times)

Sponge

• Bay Watcher
  • I like wearing shoes on both of my feet.
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone up for a modded succession game?
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2017, 07:49:00 pm »

Well that's bizarre.
Would you happen to know how to switch between races?
I like wearing shoes on both of my feet.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2017, 07:54:16 pm »

I think it's an option on the embark menu. You can tell which race you currently are by the neighbors menu. You're the one on top. I'll see if I can figure out exactly how to do it.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 07:56:05 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Sponge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2017, 07:56:32 pm »

I think it's an option on the embark menu. You can tell which race you currently are by the neighbors menu.
I remember you used to be able to go to the neighbors menu and you could select there. Maybe that changed, i'll try the embark menu then.

Sponge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2017, 08:12:51 pm »

I think it's an option on the embark menu. You can tell which race you currently are by the neighbors menu. You're the one on top. I'll see if I can figure out exactly how to do it.
What's suppose to happen is you can go to the Civilizations tab and change through civs until you find the race you want. For some reason, there is only one civ. This means we will have to be shyguys, as for some reason they are the only civ. This will be interesting.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2017, 08:14:20 pm »

This will be interesting.
That's one way to put it.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Sponge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2017, 10:07:06 pm »

So here's the world I generated using a preset called "Medium North America".

The area we are settling in is called "The Hill of Chasms" (Spoiler Alert: There was one hill and no chasms. 2/10 wouldn't chasm again)

We also have a very varied number of neighbors. My favorite is "Zebras". I can only imagine the !FUN! they will bring. Oh and hey look humans. Didn't expect to see any vanilla races in there.

So anyways I went to prepare carefully for embark and WHAT ARE THESE NAMES!

So apparently the top race on the neighbors screen is what race you are. I can't change it, either, because for some reason there is only one civilization to pick from. Maybe i'm dumb, but we are officially Shy-guys. Woop.

So we have some great names here. Ho-Ho-Ho and He-He-He. Oh what, you want more? No, I've just told you all the names. The only difference is the random music notes here and there. Anyways here our dorfs Guys.

They all have low skills. This is because apparently Guy's learn 4x faster then most races. The problem is there skills also deteriorate 4x faster.

Oh, and here's our items.

Now lets get some anima- WHY ARE THERE SO MANY ANIMALS. I guess this is what you get when you have 17 mods all adding creatures and entities. Welp.

I got myself some of the needed cats.

Also got some random dog things because it took to long to find dogs.

Fort Name: Borechanced. Or He-He-He. Inspiring.

Here's the embark area.

Let's strike the Earth!

I apparently came with a General Labor Droid. I guess he does jobs maybe. I'll find out later.

Something else to note, there are random piles of Brown Recluse Spider thread around. It can be useful, but I hope the spiders are long gone.

First things first, we must get wood!

Unlike with Dwarfs I don't want to make this fort entirely underground, it just doesn't seem right. So this will require walls and such, which means wood (Or stone, but who needs that?!)

Even though I don't want it entirely underground, I start a channel. We must live somewhere before we build buildings, right?

I dig a small hole in the ground. The room at the top will become a dorm for now, and the room to the south will become a general stockpile.

Oh look my hound randomly decided to attack a wild Ox. This is great! We'll get some free food.

Oh wait. Oh no, this isn't very good.

So now one of our hounds had lost two legs. Great. And all the Ox took was a bruise to the neck.

I learnt that the General Droid actually does work (Although you can't assign him labors. I'm guessing he can't craft and stuff like that.). He helped build the walls. Pretty good stuff.

By this point, I've set up a place on the surface.

We have a carpenter (Sorry, Wood-Guy) next to a wood stockpile. We also have a Garden-Guy and his farms, plus a brewery (Note, Guy's don't need alcohol, it's just a good emotions boost.). Our Wood-Guy is making furniture for underground.

Oh no. Not a That Guy.

Apparently our Wood-Guy is now a That Guy, which is apparently a noble. I suppose he's the expedition leader.

Our underground is getting furnished.

I've added a dining room to the left. The dorm has beds now as well. No more sleeping on the ground.

To finish off for today, I'm expanding the walls a bit.

I don't now what I'll put there, but it will be magnificent.

I played for about an hour or two today, and got all the basics set up. I'll probably play more tomorrow. I'll edit this post as I play. I assume the turns are a year long? Also you might want to rename the thread to Borechanced, now that we got a real name, and specify it as a Shy-Guy fort.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2017, 10:27:17 pm »

I was thinking Borechanced:Mods Unleashed might be a good title. The Pacific Northwest will be the heart of a great and strange empire.  Can I be dorfed/Shy Guy'd/he?-h*o!@'d as the garden-guy?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 10:34:36 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

EhSolly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2017, 10:30:23 pm »

Posting here to watch...and those names are pretty rad.
not really, you guys should get that checked out
New account; changed username.

Sponge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2017, 10:39:51 pm »

I was thinking Borechanced:Mods Unleashed might be a good title. The Pacific Northwest will be the heart of a great and strange empire.  Can I be dorfed/Shy Guy'd/he?-h*o!@'d as the garden-guy?
Name seems great. A good Attention getter. I'll Guy you tomorrow along with myself when I play again.

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2017, 04:05:11 am »

I also want to be guyed, obviously. and good idea to rename it. Don't care who as, we're all behind masks anyways. though, check everyones mask and if anyone has an eye-catching name of their masks metal, thats who I wanna be.

Posting here to watch...and those names are pretty rad.
not really, you guys should get that checked out

You mean the Guy names? Yeah, Shy Guys have a really bad (IMO, I see why) naming system. Also, the Zebras are from the MLP mod Enemy added, I can only assume. Either way, sponge, I cant wait, to see you resume. Okay Ill stop rhyming now. Is that cultural appropriation?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 04:33:33 am by Kyubee »
My mod: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=176501.0
The litten is wandering around the dump now, occasionally exploding.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
Re: Borechanced; Mods Unleashed
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2017, 05:04:02 am »

Well, haven't seen one of these in a while.  Crossover mods are my favorite!

I'll be a mechanic named Indi Guy, who constantly makes traps and machinery.  (You'll want lots of traps.  Shy guys have a lot of enemies and aren't too great at fighting them directly.)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2017, 05:24:10 am »

Guy me as well. I'll be Zoom Guy, preferably a ranged militia-guy.

Very excited to see what comes of this. That particular combination of mods definitely comes across as Armok forging a world on his anvil of creation after inhaling magma mist mixed with forgotten beast dust and titan extract.

You think some kind of overarching "story" will come out of this eventually? I'd be interested in trying to think up of what to write in a journal entry of some kind.

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2017, 06:36:46 am »

Guy me as well. I'll be Zoom Guy, preferably a ranged militia-guy.

Very excited to see what comes of this. That particular combination of mods definitely comes across as Armok forging a world on his anvil of creation after inhaling magma mist mixed with forgotten beast dust and titan extract.

You think some kind of overarching "story" will come out of this eventually? I'd be interested in trying to think up of what to write in a journal entry of some kind.

I HOPE a story comes out of this; Something to put on TV Tropes!
My mod: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=176501.0
The litten is wandering around the dump now, occasionally exploding.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2017, 10:10:31 am »

Well, if you're lucky with the slots, you can get some cool stuff.
Hmm... coins might be in short supply, though, because of the crossovers.  Make sure to kill all the Mushroom Kingdom monsters you see.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2017, 11:38:55 am »

I gotta say, this is really making me want to start modding more intensively again - have done some on and off stuff in the meantime but not too much.

Also @IndigoFenix, before Kyubee gets too far into the year, I noticed Shy Guys are at war with every other civ - does their civ have ITEM_THIEF and/or BABYSNATCHER?

AFAIK it could be somewhat problematic to get exported wealth up (for megabeasts and sieges) with those since IIRC if your civ has ITEM_THIEF then goods that you trade count as stolen, and conversely with BABYSNATCHER any animals you trade off count as kidnapped. Ergo in both cases the trades dont count towards exported wealth.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18