Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Player race?

Dwarves: Classic, with access to weapons no other civ does, as well as steel and stuff, as well as evil creatures and golems.
- 2 (22.2%)
Toads: Peace-loving, can tame good creatures (Like yoshis), but not as powerful naturally
- 4 (44.4%)
Koopas: Rigid, militaristic, can use evil creatures, steel, and special suits of shell armor. Can have spell-slinging magikoopas
- 1 (11.1%)
Shy Guys: Nothing special, they master tasks in just a few seasons, but they rust just as fast.
- 0 (0%)
Jawas: Have access to any pet race (Not counting good or evil I think), and they have star wars weaponry, obviously.
- 2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18

Author Topic: Borechanced; Mods Unleashed  (Read 35035 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Borechanced; Mods Unleashed
« Reply #105 on: January 29, 2017, 04:59:22 pm »

Making some progress, I got the new stuff in, now I'm hunting down duped raws.

*Think I got them. If I can embark without any new errors, I'll put it up.

**Everything seems to be in order. I'll put up the mod in a minute.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 05:29:11 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 29, 2017, 05:44:00 pm »

Ok, here's the updated version with the rest of ZM5's stuff.

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12684

Sponge found that he had to restart Dwarf Fortress between creating a world and loading the world. I've noticed needing to restart after loading a world, going back to the menu, and trying to load again. Just a warning.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 05:46:22 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 29, 2017, 09:24:48 pm »

ok, I'm genning a world and starting a fort now. It should be fun.

Our only playable civ in this world is "monsters." I have no idea what to expect. Regen or continue?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 09:38:02 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 29, 2017, 09:48:36 pm »

It's Undertale, sounds great!
My mods and forum games.

Sponge

• Bay Watcher
  • I like wearing shoes on both of my feet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 29, 2017, 09:50:01 pm »

ok, I'm genning a world and starting a fort now. It should be fun.

Our only playable civ in this world is "monsters." I have no idea what to expect. Regen or continue?
We'll see how this goes!
I like wearing shoes on both of my feet.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 29, 2017, 10:10:42 pm »

alright then

The Fort has Begun.

Journal of Eric, Expedition Leader.

We have settled in the far north, on the edge of an evil glacier and a neutral tundra and boreal forest. It is cold here, and assassin droids roam freely. Or something like that.

Spoiler: Where we are (click to show/hide)

At first everything seems normal. We've seen a few animals in the woods, but nothing that looked particularly fearsome. We begin digging our hovel immediately, and I ask Dreem to take a couple trees for lumber. Work was easy going for a couple weeks.

Spoiler: Our crew (click to show/hide)

I bought a pair of Mareep and Galvantulas for their wool and silk, and a female Venusaur for protection. They werent especially expensive but they offer good utilities. No dedicated pokemon trainer, though, so I'm a bit out for luck as far as training them goes at the moment.

Spoiler: It begins! (click to show/hide)

And then, the Fire Nation attacked.

A bulldrome came charging out of the woods and mauled Bratty, our farmer, to death right in front of us. We chased it away but there was nothing we could do. I order everyone to start packing things inside, including Bratty's corpse for burial, but next thing I remember is smoke and fire. All was lost, we fled into the the hovel. Muff didn't make it, I assume he burned to death, but I have no idea where to start looking for him. Bratty's corpse was also left to burn, we had no choice. We also lost our mareeps and the skiddo, nearly all our gear...

We continued to work underground as the forests burned. I heard innumerable trees collapse, and when we returned to the surface the forest was truly decimated. What was left standing was blackened by fire. We build a small shed over the ramp, and built a door there to keep animals out. Me and Bos have been trying to plant some of the seeds, to get them to grow. I'm also helping Temi and Migospel dig out storage areas.

Thankfully, we tapped an aquifer. We won't want for water, at the least. It doesn't cover the entire area, and we've reached the mudstone below.

8th Hematite
I don't understand what's going on. Migospel just turned into a mushroom out of nowhere! This is ridiculous.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

He's gone to sulk in the meeting area, I don't know what to do, I dont even know what to say to him. Or if he can hear or understand me. Maybe the pokemon will keep him company.

18th Hematite

More bizarre happenings.

Migrants turned up. One is a mining droid, reprogrammed for bookbinding. His owner streaks towards us like a fireball, igniting the grass behind her; a fire monster I guess. Although her clothes wont last long she doesnt seem to be harmed. This can only mean trouble, though. I dont know what all she can participate in without setting anyone on fire.

They also brought a torracat trained for war. Said torracat went into our nesting room, laid her eggs, and immediately died in a puff of smoke. Mander the fire monster had just entered and left the room when this happened.

She's got to be contained. We can't have her killing all our animals, or us. Now how to accomplish that without her setting me on fire...

Nevermind, the problem solved itself. For whatever reason (I swear I didn't tell her to) Mander tried to walk out onto the glacier when another bulldrome attacked. The ice melted out from under her and nobody has seen her since. I assume she drowned, or was frozen solid. What a way to go...

We did manage to kill the bulldrome, and the only injury was Mander's droid, Whim. He doesn't seem to be taking her disappearance well, and has opted to sulk in the hall until we replace his foot or find him a crutch.

Oh, and Migospel finally turned back into a tortoise monster like he should be. Thank Dogamad for that!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 12:36:27 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 30, 2017, 01:16:15 am »

Sounds like everything is going well! Nice touch on the names, Indigo.

I think the Undertale mod uses castes for the monsters. If it's no trouble, could you check what our surviving monsters are? I'd like to be monster'd as a skeleton, if we have one.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 01:18:24 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 30, 2017, 01:25:59 am »

We dont appear to have any skeletons around. Second migrant wave in the fall brought us another fire one, though. This time they started out on the glacier so she very quickly found herself an ice ramp and melted it. And drowned. Took an engraver with her too. I dont think including fire monsters in the sense of actually being made of fire was such a good idea, to whomever made that mod. They either set everyone and everything around them on fire or get stuck in ice and die. :P
I make Spellcrafts!

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels Programming: Went insane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 30, 2017, 01:30:40 am »

Dang, how hot was Mander? Fire type Pokemon are immune to temperatures up to 15000 °U so she had to be that or higher.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 01:41:12 am by FirePhoenix11 »
Dwarvemon Mod (For all your Pokemon needs)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #114 on: January 30, 2017, 01:57:07 am »

This is already starting to look !!FUN!!

I suppose the biggest challenge will simply be keeping the fort alive at this rate.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 30, 2017, 02:08:59 am »

Is torracat a fire pokemon or something? In all honestly I never tried to keep up with pokemon and remember every single goddamn one after the first series.

I would guess, if fire types are vulnerable to anything over 15000 urists, then the fire monsters are probably like 20-25k. Iirc dragonfire is 50k. Mander was just too smoking hot for her own good. As was Sans (the new one that also drowned)

I think were just going to have to conscript every single one of them and order them to run around in the glacier until they successfully trap themselves and drown, because they really do bring down the house and everything in it. Mander set some things in the stockpile on fire.
I make Spellcrafts!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 30, 2017, 02:13:14 am »

Can we make a secondary section of the fort to contain the fire monsters?
My mods and forum games.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 30, 2017, 03:04:40 am »

Probably could, actually. I'm not sure if they could dig it out on their own though; their pickaxe might melt out of their hand.

Also not clear whether they need to eat and drink. If they do, they're doomed anyway; can't eat what burns away.
I make Spellcrafts!

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #118 on: January 30, 2017, 05:34:44 am »

Is this my Undertale mod?  There was another one out there.  I'm pretty sure I made the fire monsters' body temperatures low enough that they wouldn't passively ignite organic materials or grass, though I didn't think about ice...

Ah, I guess it must be mine, I can see in the screenshot that Temi means Obscure.

Well, this should be fun... at the very least all monsters are immune to fire.  It might be a good way of driving off enemies, because most of them (aside from Pariahs) are weak against sapient enemies.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #119 on: January 30, 2017, 08:59:48 am »

I suppose we could use the fire monsters as sentries outside? Could be useful incase anything decides to show it's head.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18