Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Player race?

Dwarves: Classic, with access to weapons no other civ does, as well as steel and stuff, as well as evil creatures and golems.
- 2 (22.2%)
Toads: Peace-loving, can tame good creatures (Like yoshis), but not as powerful naturally
- 4 (44.4%)
Koopas: Rigid, militaristic, can use evil creatures, steel, and special suits of shell armor. Can have spell-slinging magikoopas
- 1 (11.1%)
Shy Guys: Nothing special, they master tasks in just a few seasons, but they rust just as fast.
- 0 (0%)
Jawas: Have access to any pet race (Not counting good or evil I think), and they have star wars weaponry, obviously.
- 2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18

Author Topic: Borechanced; Mods Unleashed  (Read 35564 times)

Sponge

• Bay Watcher
  • I like wearing shoes on both of my feet.
    • View Profile
Re: Borechanced; Mods Unleashed
« Reply #135 on: January 30, 2017, 05:56:04 pm »

I got a screenshot of our neighbors, if anyone is interested.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Great. We're already at war with the politicians! (No, really what mod is that?)
I like wearing shoes on both of my feet.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 30, 2017, 05:57:15 pm »

My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #137 on: January 30, 2017, 05:58:41 pm »

I got a screenshot of our neighbors, if anyone is interested.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Doesn't look too bad.
I find it kind of odd though how the Sith, Clone Troopers and Shokan aren't hostile, though. I'm also really not looking forward to the two towers.

I'm writing the update now, though I'll most likely have to upload it tomorrow as it seems Imgur is having some serverside issues and that's what I use for image hosting.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 30, 2017, 06:01:11 pm »

The clone troopers at least aren't meant to be hostile, since they're pre-Imperial.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 06:13:21 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #139 on: January 30, 2017, 07:25:25 pm »

I have to go for now as it's after 1 am on my side - so far nothing too exciting has happened, aside from a ghost of an engraver popping up nearly immediately after I started playing - wasn't hostile, though. A kaminoan caravan also showed up - we'll see how the trading goes considering mugs are about the only thing we have for trade.

Lastly, I put up a google doc for the dorfing (monstering?) list, so if you have any specific requests write them down next your name, and I'll do all the names next time.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 30, 2017, 10:40:08 pm »

Hey, when the Kaminoans approach the fort, you might want to let them see the bodies of our dead monsters and creatures if we recovered any.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 10:52:53 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #141 on: January 31, 2017, 05:17:46 am »

The reason the Shokan aren't always hostile by default is because I didn't really see them as the baby-stealing type.  They do like to start wars though.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #142 on: January 31, 2017, 09:56:39 am »

Overseer's Journal, 1st of Granite, 106.
So, the previous overseer, Eric, called a meeting today to announce that he was stepping down.
A year had passed, and it called for a change in leadership, a "new beginning" if you will.
Of course, this left the issue of who would take upon the responsibility of making sure this place doesn't collapse entirely for the next year.

I figured with my knowledge of economics I should be the one to lead the fort. Making mugs also isn't as exciting as I thought it'd be.

A scream accompanied by some ghastly moaning from below catches my attention. As I make my way down, Whim the bookbinder bumps into me.

He started ranting about Plate's ghost or something of the sort coming to haunt him, I barely understood what he was trying to say, not that I cared much - figured he just had a nightmare.
I mean after all it would be odd if Plate was a ghost. It would mean he was dead and that was clearly not the case!
Nevertheless, I told him that if he's so scared, he should go place down that slab with Plates name engraved on it.

I definitely did not hear any sort of ghastly moan at the exact moment the slab was placed down. Nope.
9th of Granite, 106.

I ordered a new section dug out, specifically for our forges and furnaces. A storage area will be above for anything made out of metal, whereas the downward staircase will provide a shortcut for our miners.
11th of Granite, 106.

Garris the mason mentioned something about an approaching caravan of long-necked monsters neither she nor I have ever seen before. They didn't appear to be hostile however, so I ordered our supply of mugs to be carried to the depot. With any luck, handing someone a mug isn't considered a declaration of war in their culture.

Another caravan arrived two days after, this one consisting of large, fur-covered unfamiliar monsters. Again, they didn't show any hostility so I agreed to let them into the trade depot.
I sold quite a bit of our mugs for some supplies - mostly food, but also some thread and bars of gold.
17th of Granite, 106..

Yet another caravan showed up, this one consisting of oddly similar looking humans. I'm not sure why we're getting so much attention, all we have to offer is mugs. I suppose I can understand, mug shortages are no joke.
I noticed they had strange, metallic weapons for sale. They called them "blasters" - perhaps once we have more worthwhile items for sale it'd be a good idea to invest in some of them.

One of the more peculiar items caught my attention amongst their food stockpiles. They looked like metallic tins with the word "Food" scrawled on them, and inside was some form of gray, slimy paste. It didn't look very appetizing, and I wasn't sure if it was actually safe to eat. When I asked the merchants where they got it from, all I got was a shrug in response.
21st of Granite, 106.
A wave of migrants arrived at Borechanced today! This brings our total amount of citizens to 30.

As the new arrivals were settling in, we heard a loud rumble beneath the earth.

I'm sure it's nothing dangerous.

OOC: Hopefully it doesn't cover too short of an amount of time (it's mostly just the first month), I admit I'm still not too sure as to what I should write down as notable enough or not (first time participating in a succession game).

@Sponge, if you want to I can dorf you as one of the monsters with fishing skills - we haven't had a full-on "fishermonster", though.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 09:58:17 am by ZM5 »

Sponge

• Bay Watcher
  • I like wearing shoes on both of my feet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 31, 2017, 11:46:34 am »

Overseer's Journal, 1st of Granite, 106.
So, the previous overseer, Eric, called a meeting today to announce that he was stepping down.
A year had passed, and it called for a change in leadership, a "new beginning" if you will.
Of course, this left the issue of who would take upon the responsibility of making sure this place doesn't collapse entirely for the next year.

I figured with my knowledge of economics I should be the one to lead the fort. Making mugs also isn't as exciting as I thought it'd be.

A scream accompanied by some ghastly moaning from below catches my attention. As I make my way down, Whim the bookbinder bumps into me.

He started ranting about Plate's ghost or something of the sort coming to haunt him, I barely understood what he was trying to say, not that I cared much - figured he just had a nightmare.
I mean after all it would be odd if Plate was a ghost. It would mean he was dead and that was clearly not the case!
Nevertheless, I told him that if he's so scared, he should go place down that slab with Plates name engraved on it.

I definitely did not hear any sort of ghastly moan at the exact moment the slab was placed down. Nope.
9th of Granite, 106.

I ordered a new section dug out, specifically for our forges and furnaces. A storage area will be above for anything made out of metal, whereas the downward staircase will provide a shortcut for our miners.
11th of Granite, 106.

Garris the mason mentioned something about an approaching caravan of long-necked monsters neither she nor I have ever seen before. They didn't appear to be hostile however, so I ordered our supply of mugs to be carried to the depot. With any luck, handing someone a mug isn't considered a declaration of war in their culture.

Another caravan arrived two days after, this one consisting of large, fur-covered unfamiliar monsters. Again, they didn't show any hostility so I agreed to let them into the trade depot.
I sold quite a bit of our mugs for some supplies - mostly food, but also some thread and bars of gold.
17th of Granite, 106..

Yet another caravan showed up, this one consisting of oddly similar looking humans. I'm not sure why we're getting so much attention, all we have to offer is mugs. I suppose I can understand, mug shortages are no joke.
I noticed they had strange, metallic weapons for sale. They called them "blasters" - perhaps once we have more worthwhile items for sale it'd be a good idea to invest in some of them.

One of the more peculiar items caught my attention amongst their food stockpiles. They looked like metallic tins with the word "Food" scrawled on them, and inside was some form of gray, slimy paste. It didn't look very appetizing, and I wasn't sure if it was actually safe to eat. When I asked the merchants where they got it from, all I got was a shrug in response.
21st of Granite, 106.
A wave of migrants arrived at Borechanced today! This brings our total amount of citizens to 30.

As the new arrivals were settling in, we heard a loud rumble beneath the earth.

I'm sure it's nothing dangerous.

OOC: Hopefully it doesn't cover too short of an amount of time (it's mostly just the first month), I admit I'm still not too sure as to what I should write down as notable enough or not (first time participating in a succession game).

@Sponge, if you want to I can dorf you as one of the monsters with fishing skills - we haven't had a full-on "fishermonster", though.
Nah, just wait until you get a fishermonster. I don't really care how long it takes to monster me. Also I would like it if you took a screen shot of the fort and the surrounding area. I don't feel like we've had one of the full place.
I like wearing shoes on both of my feet.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 31, 2017, 12:43:11 pm »

I noticed I got my skeleton. Thanks. I enjoyed the update.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 01:04:45 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 31, 2017, 12:56:13 pm »

I've already been monstered, right? If not, and if theres goat monsters, make sure I'm one of them~
My mod: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=176501.0
The litten is wandering around the dump now, occasionally exploding.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #146 on: January 31, 2017, 01:24:48 pm »

Nah, just wait until you get a fishermonster. I don't really care how long it takes to monster me. Also I would like it if you took a screen shot of the fort and the surrounding area. I don't feel like we've had one of the full place.
I've already been monstered, right? If not, and if theres goat monsters, make sure I'm one of them~
Alright, I'll keep your requests in mind then. Gonna go for a few more hours today.

EDIT: I THOUGHT I FIXED THE TEMPERATURE ISSUE AAAA
So uhh. We're having a bit of a forest fire issue. Whimsun ignited some of the forest to the west and it's sloooowly heading in the direction of our depot.
What's weird though is that Woden is also a fire creature but there was no such issue with her.
Whimsun's clothing is in tatters whereas Woden's are still in perfect condition.

I am very confused.

Overseer's Log, 2nd of Slate, 106.

Today, the miner once known as Ori requested that I change his name in the logs to Kyubee.

Several reports have been handed to me as well. One of the workers handed me a torn piece of paper with "a boy have hatched" crudely written on it. I have no idea what that's supposed to mean.
More importantly, work continues on the mines - we've discovered a large cavern - no cause of the shaking from before yet.

However, it's obvious that some type of fire monster lurks here. A distant fire can be seen along with a cloud of smoke.
7th of Slate, 106

THERE'S A DAMN FOREST FIRE OUTSIDE!...wait, why's Whimsun just standing there?

I suppose given that he's a fire monster it wouldn't bother him much...Hm.

When he neared the trade depot, he just dropped the seeds he was carrying and bolted in the direction of the craftsmonsters workshop.
15th of Slate, 106.

Whimsun starts work on his construction. Curious as to what it'll be.

The forest fire has passed our fortress. Miraculously, noone died. Kyubee stood in the fire for a solid few hours, completely unharmed.
16th of Slate, 106.

Whimsun finishes his work - looks somewhat simple, but it should be highly useful.

Meanwhile the fire somehow got into the inside of the surface layer...Again, noone has died, work continues as normal. Even the our animals and droids are alive and well.
6th of Felsite, 106.

Maddened howls and gibbering come from the caverns below. While I know we'll have to delve further down at some point, I don't believe that we have enough manpower to take on what lurks there at this moment in time.
28th of Felsite, 106.

I expand the dormitories, to make sure everyone has a proper room to sleep in. In the meantime, our miners continue digging out galena ore from the levels above the large cavern. The warehouse above our forges has also been dug out - the only thing left to do now is to get our metal industry going.

@Sponge, as requested I took images of the fort itself as well as the surrounding area - did this early on so things atm are slightly different.
Spoiler: The fort itself (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The surrounding area (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 07:38:14 pm by ZM5 »

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 31, 2017, 08:27:21 pm »

now im imagining a goat monster me sitting in a forest fire while saying "This is fine" yknow, like the meme.
My mod: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=176501.0
The litten is wandering around the dump now, occasionally exploding.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 01, 2017, 02:44:41 am »

Mention of vampire bees has given me an idea...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 01, 2017, 10:20:45 am »

Sounds like things are a lot more stable now.

Inside the fort, I mean. The outside is still catching fire and snowing blood of course.
My mods and forum games.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18