Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Player race?

Dwarves: Classic, with access to weapons no other civ does, as well as steel and stuff, as well as evil creatures and golems.
- 2 (22.2%)
Toads: Peace-loving, can tame good creatures (Like yoshis), but not as powerful naturally
- 4 (44.4%)
Koopas: Rigid, militaristic, can use evil creatures, steel, and special suits of shell armor. Can have spell-slinging magikoopas
- 1 (11.1%)
Shy Guys: Nothing special, they master tasks in just a few seasons, but they rust just as fast.
- 0 (0%)
Jawas: Have access to any pet race (Not counting good or evil I think), and they have star wars weaponry, obviously.
- 2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18

Author Topic: Borechanced; Mods Unleashed  (Read 35036 times)

Sponge

• Bay Watcher
  • I like wearing shoes on both of my feet.
    • View Profile
Re: Borechanced; Mods Unleashed
« Reply #150 on: February 01, 2017, 11:18:37 am »

So many ashes...

And Indigo did say existing fire monsters would stay the same temperature, was Whimsun part of the fort before you fixed it?
I like wearing shoes on both of my feet.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #151 on: February 01, 2017, 01:16:33 pm »

So many ashes...

And Indigo did say existing fire monsters would stay the same temperature, was Whimsun part of the fort before you fixed it?
He wasn't, actually. He arrived in the same wave as Woden - like I said though, what's weird is that Woden hasn't set the forest or anything on fire, whereas Whimsun did.

Sounds like things are a lot more stable now.

Inside the fort, I mean. The outside is still catching fire and snowing blood of course.
The inside is indeed stable for the time being. Nothing flammable. Also helps that no fliers have spawned from the caverns yet like the Observers or Vile Eyes.
I admit I'm unsure about delving down there - the cavern is also on fire like I said - I saw pyre saurian corpses, so I'm sure they were the cause of it. Something killed them, though, so for now the fire is gone.

EDIT:
Overseer's Log, 13th of Hematite, 106.

Summer comes and with it a caravan of robotic beings, not dissimilar from our own. Hope they like mugs!
Well actually, this time around we actually have gems that we can sell. As well as some gold crowns - our metal industry is starting slowly but surely.
I managed to buy off quite a lot of thread, as well as various metal bars - including gold, dark iron, platinum, and something called hoohoolium. Also an anvil, more meat, drinks, and leather. The droids had the same gray paste that the clones carried - I'm not sure where they're getting it from.

As I negotiate with the merchants, the sound of combat catches my attention. The trapper Garn appeared to be pestered by a mongoose-like animal. She appeared to handle herself well, however.
8th of Malachite, 106.
New migrants arrive, oddly coming from the blood-glacier.
Spoiler: Full list (click to show/hide)
This brings our total amount of citizens to 37 - no, 35.

Garn the trapper and Temi the engineer must have wandered off somewhere.

I'm sure they're doing just fine.

They'll be back sometime.
For some reason, the merchant droids left in a hurry soon after Garn and Temi left. Their wagon appears to have blown apart due to some malfunction. They left us all of their stuff, though, so that's nice of them.
19th of Malachite, 106.

For whatever reason, one of our animals grew a bit aggressive, spooking the nearby workers trying to finish the ceiling of the depot. Noone was hurt thankfully...Wait, what's this?

You have got to be kidding.

Nevermind - it appears the fire contained itself. Regardless, I'm ordering stone doors put around the area.

A tree collapsed on the surface, resulting in a burst of silt knocking out our woodworkers and plant gatherers. Noone appears to be seriously hurt, however.

Woden appears to have fallen under the same curse as Whimsun. Similarly to him, she took over the craftsmonsters workshop.
13th of Galena, 106

After several days of labor, Woden came out holding a pair of greaves - quite simple, but they look rather durable.
15th of Galena, 106

An unearthly howl comes from outside. Whatever it is, it's killing intent is beyond anything I've ever felt before.

Not looking forward to what comes next.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 04:34:39 pm by ZM5 »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 02, 2017, 01:24:38 am »

Use migrants to distract it until it transforms back into whatever. Then wall the survivors into a room for another month to see which ones turn into were rats. It is the only way.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #153 on: February 02, 2017, 05:05:29 am »

I would have used the migrants to distract it, but by the time the wererat came they were already settled in the fort. I did draft some of them into the military, but I still think we're gonna have some serious losses.

Sponge

• Bay Watcher
  • I like wearing shoes on both of my feet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 02, 2017, 08:59:10 am »

I would have used the migrants to distract it, but by the time the wererat came they were already settled in the fort. I did draft some of them into the military, but I still think we're gonna have some serious losses.
Can we just lock ourselves inside?
I like wearing shoes on both of my feet.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #155 on: February 02, 2017, 09:09:06 am »

Ooh, this will be interesting... Monsters don't fight well, and werebeasts will be immune to their magic bullets.  Locking the doors and waiting for it to leave or change back may be your best option.

Also, its a swiss knife hair...haha.  Which mod does that come from?

If you do plan on making a military, I'd suggest drafting Pariahs ("a being made of dust and magic that nobody likes").  They are the only monsters that are partially immune to killing intent.  Also they buff their allies in combat.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 02, 2017, 11:14:47 am »

Also, its a swiss knife hair...haha.  Which mod does that come from?

It comes from the MLP mod. That one adds a lot of "colors" for its cutie mark system. There's spillover into the randomly generated creatures from there. It's harmless though.

Why are the Jerrys resistant to killing intent?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 12:24:53 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #157 on: February 02, 2017, 11:56:46 am »

Why are the Jerrys resistant to killing intent?
IIRC in the original game it was the same case where they were one of the few monsters that didn't die in a single hit in the genocide run.

Overseer's Log, 15th of Galena, 106

I ordered everyone to evacuate underground. I am not sure what the murderous creature is exactly doing - regardless, I can hear a fire from the floor above.
Asriel Ghostspirits Quilava pet is missing, and he appears worried about it.
Wait...no...

I maaaay have an idea of where it has gone.

So uhh, false alarm, I guess. I'll still post more today, dont worry - I just had to share this immediately.

The Quilava, by the way, took no damage. At all.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 02, 2017, 01:41:34 pm »

Freaking pokemon, overpowered little shits :v
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #159 on: February 02, 2017, 04:10:46 pm »

Freaking pokemon, overpowered little shits :v
I'm glad we have them - it's barely been a few months and now they've saved our asses twice. Although I think you may have jinxed me.

1st of Limestone, 106.

Autumn has come on the calender - work proceeds as usual, despite the recent...events.
I have ordered our miners to dig a tunnel deeper down, in search of ore. With luck, we'll come across something usable.
17th of Limestone, 106.

A large, human-like zombie has somehow made it's way into our tunnels and is fighting Whimsun Sneakedblood's pet chespin!

It appears to have thrown it aside...Wait, where is it going?

Oh no.

Garris attempted to face the undead, but only got a punch to the face for his efforts. He immediately fell unconscious, but I'm sure he'll be fine.

After a day of fighting, our delphox eventually managed to scratch the zombie in the head deep enough to actually kill it.
I ordered walls built up immediately in the tunnels, to prevent this sort of event from happening again.
I've also designed one part of our tavern to be reserved for potential guests from the outside world.
23rd of Limestone, 106.

Oh no, what is it this time?

Are you kidding me?! How?!

Noone's hurt, thankfully. But...

Our food stockpiles are a bit burnt. Hope everyone likes barbequed plump helmets.
2nd of Sandstone, 106.
New migrants have also arrived.
Spoiler: Full list (click to show/hide)

We're also getting visitors from the outside world. I'm not sure why they're coming to visit. I guess our mugs are really nice.

Some of the miners are reporting loud, labored breathing from inside the caverns. Incase I haven't made it obvious - to any future overseers, do not open up the caverns unless you really believe we can take on whatever lurks in them.
25th of Sandstone, 106.

Our new bowyer, Muff, made the mistake of heading outside when the bullfangos were around. A few of our militiamen were present, however, and managed to save her before the bullfango did too much major damage.
11th of Timber, 106.

Our miners dug a hole revealing a second cavern. This one appears flooded - I see many gems sparkling on the walls of the cave. Perhaps someone with more engineering knowledge would be able to drain the water so that we can actually make use of them - however I am not that person.
14th of Timber, 106.

Another bullfango mauls Nome the gem setter.

And then...injures...Ei the farmer.

Meanwhile, Asriel's quilava grows a bit aggressive and attacks our delphox.
Can't catch a moments peace around here...

Aside from some of our citizens dying, things seem stable enough.
I'm guessing the reason for the fires is the Quilava? I'm not sure. Also our second cavern has a face, if you notice.

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels Programming: Went insane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 02, 2017, 04:28:02 pm »

Was the Quilava emitting fire passively? Because I'm pretty sure I disabled that. It should only have Flamethrower and that's used as an attack.
Dwarvemon Mod (For all your Pokemon needs)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #161 on: February 02, 2017, 05:20:04 pm »

No idea, actually - I think it may have emitted the fire when fighting the wererat at first and later on when it got angry with the delphox. Don't know about the time inbetween though.

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels Programming: Went insane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 02, 2017, 05:31:44 pm »

No idea, actually - I think it may have emitted the fire when fighting the wererat at first and later on when it got angry with the delphox. Don't know about the time inbetween though.
Hmm, well something provoked a fight between them. Being crowded can cause that right? Unless using a fire attack against a fire immune creature aggro's it. I should test that.
Dwarvemon Mod (For all your Pokemon needs)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 02, 2017, 05:58:54 pm »

We're also getting visitors from the outside world. I'm not sure why they're coming to visit. I guess our mugs are really nice.

Tragedy builds character, and charming handmade mugs.

I see a few droids reporting that they can't clean because they're "Too injured". I bet that's because they don't have hands. I'll see what I can do about that sometime. I also noticed we have a droideka child. Droid children aren't actually any smaller than the normal ones. I just wanted to make sure people know about our killer robot.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 07:11:37 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #164 on: February 03, 2017, 12:36:21 pm »

Hmm, well something provoked a fight between them. Being crowded can cause that right? Unless using a fire attack against a fire immune creature aggro's it. I should test that.
I do think being crowded does provoke fights - what's odd though is that the quilava wasn't assigned to any pasture or w/e. It was just standing in one spot after it killed the wererat, wouldn't move from there.

Overseer's Log, 20th of Timber, 106.

Asriel's pet quilava appears to have fallen asleep. Fighting with the delphox must have gotten boring after a while.
1st of Moonstone, 106.
Winter has come. Nothing too exciting has happened lately - work continues on finishing the roof of our depot, and our minners dig more tunnels.
10th of Moonstone, 106.

One of the last few caravans arrives before the new year. I have to admit that these particular merchants have an unsettling aura...Not sure how else to describe it.
14th of Moonstone, 106.

A caravan from old home arrives. About damn time.

Where was that, again? Eh. Not my problem.
In any case, I requested that the merchants bring us various types of leather, cloth, edibles, and most importantly bars of metal - it appears the local caverns are sorely lacking in iron, khorium and the like - plenty of ores of silver and copper, though.

Nonetheless, spirits are high.

Everyone's doing just fine.
14th of Opal, 106.

The merchants have left. I'm happy to say we managed to get quite a lot of useful supplies from them. Ores, metal bars, mushrooms, cloth.
25th of Opal, 106.

I've gotten reports that Mold Seerpuzzled has gone missing. I'm sure there's nothing to worry about, he'll definitely be back.
4th of Obsidian, 106.

Whimsalott the cook has gone missing. Right before the end of the year, too.

More importantly, Djinn the jeweler appears to have been inspired by something, and claimed a workshop.
11th of Obsidian, 106.
Ugh...what happened?

Right...that damn pig knocked me out.

I have no idea what happened...I was called topside, as it appears some bullfangos were causing trouble again, when suddenly that pet pig attacked me...Damn.
Well, more importantly...

Djinn made a rather elaborate hatch cover.

It's worth quite a bit - I'm proud of her.
1st of Granite, 107.

Spring arrives, and with it ends my tenure as overseer. Despite everything, we're still alive.

The main problems our fort really has in terms of minerals is the lack of good metals for edged weapons - plenty of silver, copper and lead, and not much else.

Some bad stuff happened right near the end - our carpenter's workshop burned down (although I put up another one near the loom and jeweler's workshop) after the pignite attacked me. Four people are resting in the hospital due to bullfango attacks. We're also rather lacking in cloth and the like due to the constant fires.
Here's the save.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18