Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Player race?

Dwarves: Classic, with access to weapons no other civ does, as well as steel and stuff, as well as evil creatures and golems.
- 2 (22.2%)
Toads: Peace-loving, can tame good creatures (Like yoshis), but not as powerful naturally
- 4 (44.4%)
Koopas: Rigid, militaristic, can use evil creatures, steel, and special suits of shell armor. Can have spell-slinging magikoopas
- 1 (11.1%)
Shy Guys: Nothing special, they master tasks in just a few seasons, but they rust just as fast.
- 0 (0%)
Jawas: Have access to any pet race (Not counting good or evil I think), and they have star wars weaponry, obviously.
- 2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18

Author Topic: Borechanced; Mods Unleashed  (Read 35020 times)

Sponge

• Bay Watcher
  • I like wearing shoes on both of my feet.
    • View Profile
Re: Borechanced; Mods Unleashed
« Reply #165 on: February 03, 2017, 12:55:34 pm »

Is it my turn now? (I won't lie, i'm not very excited about the condition of our fort...)
I like wearing shoes on both of my feet.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #166 on: February 03, 2017, 01:52:22 pm »

According to the turnlist, it would be your turn now.

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels Programming: Went insane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 03, 2017, 04:57:33 pm »

I do think being crowded does provoke fights - what's odd though is that the quilava wasn't assigned to any pasture or w/e. It was just standing in one spot after it killed the wererat, wouldn't move from there.
I actually encountered that problem when a Quilava's owner went insane and it immediately Flamethrower'd them to death. It just sat there and didn't move. It may have to do with its retract ability (Defense Curl) since I've seen a Typhlosion do the same thing and a Golem that just stayed curled up until someone with a decent weapon hacked its shell away. But why it provoked an attack is beyond me.
Dwarvemon Mod (For all your Pokemon needs)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #168 on: February 03, 2017, 05:21:08 pm »

Yeah, I was starting to think the indoor fires were due to the fire pokemon. Another one happened not short after I got attacked by the pignite.

Is it my turn now? (I won't lie, i'm not very excited about the condition of our fort...)
Honestly, things shouldn't be SO bad at the present unless you decide to open up the caverns, since I saw some nasty stuff slinking around in there. The giant undead incident was already enough, but the plaguebearers I outlined are definitely to be avoided - also saw some basilisks lurking around. Then there's pyre saurians which would set things on fire.

Since monsters are so bad at fighting, I'm more worried once we start getting enough population and exported wealth to attract sieges or megabeasts. I think the Shokan may be at war with us given the announcement during the meeting with the liaison.
Also I uhh, I admit that I exported legends info and checked some of history, and some of the nastier megabeasts from my own pack are present in the world - can't speak for anyone else but I guess it'd be a similar case.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 03, 2017, 07:03:23 pm »

I was looking at the fort. The pig attack might have left a bit of a mark on ZM5.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Our clone trooper visitor apparently came here to relax. Makes me wonder what else he's seen if Borechanced is relaxing.

Are we sure the caverns are completely sealed off? It seems like creatures could get in through the passage on the right.

I'd like a turn after Sponge, please.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 07:05:05 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 03, 2017, 07:29:28 pm »

To stop the fires consuming all our food and plants, remove the stockpiles and pave the floors with blocks or something. Do that for the surface too. Obviously these guys cant do shit without setting the world on fire.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Sponge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 03, 2017, 08:10:57 pm »

According to the turnlist, it would be your turn now.
Ok then. I'll start tomorrow.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 03, 2017, 08:51:12 pm »

To stop the fires consuming all our food and plants, remove the stockpiles and pave the floors with blocks or something. Do that for the surface too. Obviously these guys cant do shit without setting the world on fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9D6GNzpmkM
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 03, 2017, 09:26:27 pm »

They don't want to, but they also dont mind if that happens anyways.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #174 on: February 04, 2017, 03:40:42 am »

I was looking at the fort. The pig attack might have left a bit of a mark on ZM5.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Thought I was gonna die actually - it knocked me out at one point.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #175 on: February 04, 2017, 02:01:19 pm »

Monsters with monster pets?  Not a bad combination.  And if you're going to have pets that set the fort on fire, a race that is immune to fire isn't a bad choice.

Ah... looks like you've got pretas.  Well this should be fun.  Watch out, they jump bodies.

Remember: The best way of getting rid of a preta is to send the possessed creature to fight animals or enemies.  If you're lucky, the ghost will hop into the enemy and leave the map with them.  Figuring out who is possessed, though...that's the hard part.

Sponge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 04, 2017, 04:31:10 pm »

Hey guys. Sorry, I can't play for a while, and was wondering if I could skip a turn. Where I live, a few sicknesses have been spreading around (Strep throat, cold, etc.) and I caught a cold or some such. I was hoping I would be better by now, but I'm not. I don't feel like sitting at a computer for a long time today, so if I could go behind someone who wants the next turn that would be great. Thanks!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 04, 2017, 06:27:36 pm »

I'll take it, if nobody objects. I've barely ever touched fortress mode, but I expect I probably won't leave this place any worse than it was.

*When I downloaded the save, I noticed the fire monsters had some mistakes in getting their magic fire templates working. I think I fixed it though.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 07:35:07 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #178 on: February 05, 2017, 02:01:25 am »

I'll take it, if nobody objects. I've barely ever touched fortress mode, but I expect I probably won't leave this place any worse than it was.

*When I downloaded the save, I noticed the fire monsters had some mistakes in getting their magic fire templates working. I think I fixed it though.
Damn, must have mucked something up then - would explain why Kyubee was unharmed by the fire at one point.

Hey guys. Sorry, I can't play for a while, and was wondering if I could skip a turn. Where I live, a few sicknesses have been spreading around (Strep throat, cold, etc.) and I caught a cold or some such. I was hoping I would be better by now, but I'm not. I don't feel like sitting at a computer for a long time today, so if I could go behind someone who wants the next turn that would be great. Thanks!
It's fine, get well soon man.

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 05, 2017, 06:34:56 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9D6GNzpmkM

I love Fallout. fun fact, guys, I was gonna use the Fallout mod somebody made for DF in the pack but it hasnt been updated for 43.xx yet. And here I wanted to have deathclaws mauling dorfs! Oh well~
My mod: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=176501.0
The litten is wandering around the dump now, occasionally exploding.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18