Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Player race?

Dwarves: Classic, with access to weapons no other civ does, as well as steel and stuff, as well as evil creatures and golems.
- 2 (22.2%)
Toads: Peace-loving, can tame good creatures (Like yoshis), but not as powerful naturally
- 4 (44.4%)
Koopas: Rigid, militaristic, can use evil creatures, steel, and special suits of shell armor. Can have spell-slinging magikoopas
- 1 (11.1%)
Shy Guys: Nothing special, they master tasks in just a few seasons, but they rust just as fast.
- 0 (0%)
Jawas: Have access to any pet race (Not counting good or evil I think), and they have star wars weaponry, obviously.
- 2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18

Author Topic: Borechanced; Mods Unleashed  (Read 35014 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Borechanced; Mods Unleashed
« Reply #180 on: February 06, 2017, 01:58:24 am »

Granite, 107.

Heya. It's Enemy Post here. The great Enemy Post, the trapper. So, ZM5 has decided to step down as overseer. He says it's because his tenure ended. I think that the haunted pig attack might have had something to do with it. We needed a new overseer. Somehow, I got the job despite not knowing the first thing about overseeing. I'll write these reports so that everyone knows I did my best and should not be held accountable for the calamities that happen on my watch.

So, if Old Home is reading this, let me tell you about this place. The sky snows blood, the forest keeps catching fire, there's monsters underneath us, and all the animals want to kill us. On the bright side, our mugs are the finest around. Welcome to Borechanced.

Well, let's see what new disaster will happen first in my tenure. First, I sent Kyubee down to plug up the the hallway leading to the caverns. We've had enough issues come from down there that I don't want to take any chances.

Eric says we don't have enough cloth for bandages. I decided to check the hospital for myself. It took me a while, but I eventually found it, I think.

Seems a bit small for a hospital, but it will have to do. Let's just try to get through the month. I helped Kyubee build a bit more wall downstairs to block the potential northeast entrance.

While I was working on that, a bard with bat wings flew in.

She seemed afraid of something for a moment at first, but now seems happy to spend her days just flying over the blood-snow. Seems unusual, but all right. Eric's still trying to heal ZM5. I ordered the construction of crutches and splints. I'm sure we'll need them.

I ordered that the Mareeps be sheared. We need the thread for the injured.

The shaggy merchants arrived on the 12th. They say they're "Wookiees", or at least that's what they grunt when I ask. The longnecked creatures returned about two days later. They're apparently called Kaminoans. I'm glad our mugs left an impression. The bard swooped by to meet them and then flew off again.

Since ZM5's...not up to it right now, I'll send somebody else to take care of trading.

On the 15th, I was having lunch when I was rudely interrupted by interrupted by the all-too-familiar sound of a pokemon cry and the smell of smoke. Our hunting delphox went rogue, right in the middle of the tavern. Fortunately, a lye maker named Son Critterdeep happened to be carrying an axe and decapitated the enraged creature before anyone could be hurt.

On a personal note, I just want to make sure this is recorded for posterity. Kyubee was there, ask him if you don't believe me.

Those armored humans calling themselves "Clone Troopers" came back, but then promptly left.  Had the delphox corpse dragged outside, no idea where the head is though. Our guy finally made it to the depot to begin trading.

Never had much understanding of merchantcraft. In the end, I traded a bunch of gems for stuff. I bought several of the blasters and their ammunition from the Kaminoans. I also purchased thread for the hospital, some wookiee swords, various metal bars such as steel, and various animals.

I made sure to write down the new animals, since they'll probably save us all or kill us. Or both.

Trouble at the depot. The merchants were trading fire with a powerful psychic pokemon called a meowstic. It began assaulting them all with its telekinetic power as they ducked for cover. A Kaminoan merchant stepped forward and shot the meowstic in the chest with a blaster rifle, knocking the pokemon on its back.

Another meowstic started to join the fight, but then ran away. The Kaminoan continued to walk forward, firing shot after shot into the pokemon before finally blowing its head off at point blank range. Then something strange happened. The Kaminoan set up some sort of fast-deploying tube, and shoved the remains of the pokemon in. It began forming into something like its original self, and started struggling. The strange alien apparently didn't like the ingratitude very much, and after several long moments fired a final shot through the glass.

The wookiees left after that. I sent the Kaminoans be sent a complimentary mug. Just to make sure we're friends. At that point, the preta came back and possessed the trader. It didn't seem violent this time. I wonder if it's anything like our ghost monsters? Hold on, I heard something downstairs.

I don't believe it. Somehow, a feral ghoul made it into the fort. I thought it was all walled off? I even made sure of it. It reached the outside of the tavern and got into a brutal fight with a macemonster. The macemonster was badly clawed, but eventually got the upper hand and slew the beast.

Well that's most of my first month. This is going to be a long year.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 09:07:06 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #181 on: February 06, 2017, 11:23:19 am »

Whoever got scratched up by the ghoul, you should make sure they're cleaned up since their bites and scratches cause nasty infections.

Also worgs are pretty damn strong - I highly recommend training one for war.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 06, 2017, 07:39:33 pm »

Finishing off the month. The macemonster is resting in the hospital now. Spotted several pretas and a mynock hanging around the corpse dump.

I guess that's a fine place for 'em. I also found that delphox's head in there.

My first month is finally over. Slate has begun. I'm thinking of some ideas I have for the future of the fortress. ZM5 says we should try to train the new worg. I'm also thinking that we monsters should try and stay away from combat. We get dusted way too easily. I'm going to set up an animal training system, and get some handlers for a new squad of droids and monsters. I'm putting it back here behind the animal stockpile. At least, I can hope to seal it off if the beasts decide they don't like army life.

I also have another plan. To improve morale, I'm going to authorize something that everyone here can be proud of. A lasting accomplishment for our fort, even if none of us are left to tell of it. I will build the Ultimate Mug.

Just before the Kaminoan caravan left a yak got possessed or something and was promptly shot.

In other news, we ran out of cave mushroom spawn. I switched to plump helmets.

The monsters keep objecting to various parts of the Ultimate Mug. I may need to cancel the floor and just use the ground. The animal training area is done. I pulled one of our ghost monsters off the Mug project to be the new animal trainer.

I started training with the Incineroar, the Torhic, two Galvantuas, and the worg.

Overall, this month seems to be going by fairly quietly.

A bunch of migrants arrived. Don't know why they're here, but I'll try to make good use of them. They brought a pair of war trained pokemon, a litten and a galvantua. I'll make sure to build up a squad with those.

Nome the gem setter is back after his unfortunate incident with the bullfango. Unfortunately, he's a ghost now.

I immediately ordered slabs to be made for the memorial. I also began working on the monument for the other monster who died back then. Seeing as how they died from a bullfango crushing their head like a melon, I don't want to know what the ghost would look like.

Nome was soon put to rest.

A bullfango attacked while many monsters were on their way to the Mug. Thankfully, everyone rushed in to help. The bullfango was unable to retaliate effectively and was beaten to a pulp before Kyubee picked it off.

Felsite's begun, and nobody died.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 06:41:16 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 06, 2017, 08:01:57 pm »

Oh no, Meowstic got involved.. Oh yeah I didnt set my avatar... hehehe my namesake is a Meowstic character I made, named after a certain contract making alien thing
My mod: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=176501.0
The litten is wandering around the dump now, occasionally exploding.

Sponge

• Bay Watcher
  • I like wearing shoes on both of my feet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 06, 2017, 10:17:25 pm »

I will build the Ultimate Mug.
Lol. This will be our legacy!

Anyways I'm better now (Just a stuffy nose and such) so I should be able to take over when you're done.
I like wearing shoes on both of my feet.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #185 on: February 07, 2017, 06:34:54 am »

Can't wait to see what comes out of the Ultimate Mug.

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 07, 2017, 03:42:59 pm »

Makes me think of Muggy from Fallout New Vegas

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #187 on: February 07, 2017, 03:49:50 pm »

It'd be funny if by sheer coincidence the mug was right on top of where the adamantine spire is - we could then say we unleashed hell from a mug.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 07, 2017, 06:46:58 pm »

(I probably won't be able to update tomorrow or the following day. After that my turn should continue as usual.)

Felsite, 107

Felsite begins and enthusiasm is high for the Ultimate Mug. Progress is slow, but steady. Everyone is happy about it except for those who get blood snowed on them and despair.

Bloodsnow is already gathering around the edges. Hopefully that's not a bad sign. I assigned our war worg to guard the entrance to the underground. Hopefully it can jump anything that comes out.

There's a long chain of people carrying stones to the Mug. Nice to see everyone working together so well.

Oh no. The pretas got to my little pet keet. Made him go on the attack, almost got him killed. Little Gore didn't threaten them, just wandered too close to their garbage home. That's it. This time they've gone too far. Before, I was tolerating their presence as there seemed no way to really get rid of them. Now though, we have to do something.

Some musical penguin wants to join us. Sure, join the fun.

After months of recovery, ZM5 leapt up from his hospital floor and ran raving for the crafting shop. I wonder what's got to him.

I've been thinking. Pretas are small things, aren't they? Certain beasts like to hunt small creatures. So, I'll send some beasts to eradicate them LIKE THE VERMIN THEY ARE. Consulting the logs to see what we have that is most suitable, I sent the war litten to the corpse yard. I also sent the can-cell nymph, but apparently someone already claimed it. The litten is wandering around the dump now, occasionally exploding.

I see a pair of bullfangos slowly wandering around a bit too close to the fort. I really do need to set up a military. I started a new squad with some dog monster named Garris. He was a cheesemaker, so this shouldn't go too wrong. I heard there might be a glowing sword lying around somewhere, so I told him to find it if we have it. I also assigned him a blaster.

Some pariah named Whim says he's the mayor now. I didn't know we were having an election. As long as he knows his place and doesn't disrupt the fragile situation here, I guess I'll allow it.

A bullfango attacked our monsters and gored one of us in the arm, but was quickly overwhelmed and pummeled by the mob. I sent the new militiamonster to test himself. He decided not to get his equipment, and just joined in on crushing the bullfango, which was now just barely visible through a hail of magic bullets. After a day of the mob continually shooting and punching it, a monster smashed its head with an axe. Seems our people really don't like bullfangos.

A ghost monster named Grillby found that sword. The red blade is certainly striking. I'm surprised nobody mentioned it earlier.

Anyway, I assigned her two galvantulas and a torchic, all trained for war. I hope she and Garris don't mind being the chosen ones if we get attacked.

ZM5 finally emerged from the workshop with a crown. He is now a True Broker. Good job I suppose.

I checked on the litten. I don't see any dead pretas, yet the litten isn't possessed. Apparently they're just living in peace over there, some sort of pokemon-ghost society in the garbage.

Mayor Whim has announced that we have to produce three miniforges. He says I have to listen to the will of the people. I say the people better not bother me with pointless demands, I didn't ask for this job. Still, I'd better do as he says. If I ignore him, political division might cause the people to get themselves killed somehow.

Hoopleheads.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 07:54:23 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 08, 2017, 12:21:49 am »

This is going to be my status from now on.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 08, 2017, 01:12:16 am »

This is going to be my status from now on.

ENEMY POST LEVELS UP:THIRD SIG:SIG CHAMPION UNLOCKED.
My mods and forum games.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #191 on: February 08, 2017, 01:26:20 am »

I probably should have mentioned before that I bought the lightsaber in the sith caravan.

Sponge

• Bay Watcher
  • I like wearing shoes on both of my feet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 08, 2017, 01:14:42 pm »

Can we put or door in the Ultimate Mug and make it a mug stockpile? Even better make it a tavern.
I like wearing shoes on both of my feet.

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 08, 2017, 05:23:07 pm »

Can we put or door in the Ultimate Mug and make it a mug stockpile? Even better make it a tavern.

Perhaps even make parts of it of expensive glass! Like, Crystal Glass blocks encrusted with gems or some such! Just an idea~

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 08, 2017, 11:16:19 pm »

I thought we'd try to fill it with some sort of liquid, like lava or shark infested water. Future overseers are free to do whatever with it of course.
My mods and forum games.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18