Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Player race?

Dwarves: Classic, with access to weapons no other civ does, as well as steel and stuff, as well as evil creatures and golems.
- 2 (22.2%)
Toads: Peace-loving, can tame good creatures (Like yoshis), but not as powerful naturally
- 4 (44.4%)
Koopas: Rigid, militaristic, can use evil creatures, steel, and special suits of shell armor. Can have spell-slinging magikoopas
- 1 (11.1%)
Shy Guys: Nothing special, they master tasks in just a few seasons, but they rust just as fast.
- 0 (0%)
Jawas: Have access to any pet race (Not counting good or evil I think), and they have star wars weaponry, obviously.
- 2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18

Author Topic: Borechanced; Mods Unleashed  (Read 35051 times)

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
Re: Borechanced; Mods Unleashed
« Reply #195 on: February 09, 2017, 01:59:01 am »

I thought we'd try to fill it with some sort of liquid, like lava or shark infested water. Future overseers are free to do whatever with it of course.

how about the bottom floor of it is a tavern, and the rest is sharkwater filled glass
My mod: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=176501.0
The litten is wandering around the dump now, occasionally exploding.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 09, 2017, 03:31:53 pm »

That sounds spectacularly cool, but unfortunately this is a freezing biome where water simply freezes most of the year. So you'd at most get a mug full of ice.

If you fill it with magma, though, there's no issue with freezing.

Oh! Build the floor above the tavern out of green glass bridges and link them to a lever with magma-safe mechanisms, then whenever we want to purge the tavern of weirdos someone can just pull the lever.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 03:48:03 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Sponge

• Bay Watcher
  • I like wearing shoes on both of my feet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 10, 2017, 12:04:34 pm »

Doesn't Magma burn wood?
I like wearing shoes on both of my feet.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #198 on: February 10, 2017, 12:39:36 pm »

Doesn't Magma burn wood?
If it's a wall, no. Walls cannot be destroyed. Even if you were to make one of ice.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 10, 2017, 04:52:56 pm »

The Mug is made completely out of rock anyway. The brown parts are mudstone.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 11, 2017, 01:02:36 am »

Hematite, 107

Summer's beginning, and there's dust in the air. The first two days of summer passed without incident. I was able to take a bit of time watching the fish in the caverns. Suddenly, a cry of alarm went up.

I immediately deployed my squad. We currently only have one monster kid, so he must be the target. As soon as he saw this place, he fell to his knees in horror and fled through the bloodsnow before anyone could catch him. At the same time, a bullfango attacked the construction project. The bullfango attacked and mauled a trapper, so I ordered the squad to change targets. The bullfango tried to run, and smashed a mechanic's ribcage for chasing it. The bullfango repeatedly collapsed from the exertion of the fight. Bravely, the wounded mechanic kept attacking. The bullfango eventually turned to fight, but by this point the monsters had their bullet patterns ready. I noticed the troops were moving really slowly. I wonder what the problem is. It seemed like the bullfango was doomed, but then it wounded an animal dissector who got too close and got up. As it was escaping, Asriel the glassmaker approached and began launching bullets. Suddenly, the bullfango gored his arm and crushed his throat, mortally wounding him. The bullfango turned to walk away.

Before it could leave, however, Asriel decided he wasn't done, firing more bullets as the full militia was alerted. The boar turned and charged, horribly multilating him. Asriel fought until the very end, when his bones were shattered and his flesh torn. Finally, the last of his strength failed and he was dusted.

Let none say he wasn't among the bravest of us.

The bullfango wandered around for a little while until a fishwoman with an axe struck. She wounded the beast several times and sliced off a tusk, but then it put out one of her eyes. She was terrified and ran. And then a bulldrome showed up. Every monster in the militia soon made it outside and engaged in a long running battle with the boar-creatures. Eventually, the bullfango was brought down. However, three more bulldromes then showed up.

I ordered a halt to construction on the Ultimate Mug for the moment. I have to focus on getting our people to safety. Everyone was ordered to confine themselves indoors. As the workers fled, a bulldrome ran up to ZM5. He tried to flee, but it was too fast. It ran him down and wounded him several times before goring him in the leg to bring him down. However, he fell right by Grillby with her lightsaber. I yelled for her to save ZM5. She landed a solid cut into the bulldrome's leg and deployed bullets, but it wasn't enough. The bulldrome decapitated her with a single blow in a matter of seconds. Before anyone else could try to help, ZM5 was also slain.

The militia captain was the next to die.

After him, the bulldromes seemed to be satfisfied. The last of the civilians hurried to the door. At this point, the battle droids arrived. The bulldromes stalked over and attacked a droid that separated itself from the group.

The droid was soon ripped apart, but not before one bulldrome wandered off and collapsed from a smoking hole in its chest. The one who killed ZM5 and the militia commander, named "Ropeleaders" by the survivors, was also shot fifteen times and died. The droid remained active just long enough to see it go before losing power.

It seems small to deal with mundane matters like trading after all that, but it had to be taken care of. I appointed a rabbit monster named Silph to be the new broker. I wasn't sure what to buy from the droids, so I bought all the caged animals they had for most of the gems. I also purchased a barrel made of electricity for the sheer novelty. While all the chaos with the bulldromes was happening, the war litten got into a fight with the can-cell and killed it.

Several of our people became electrified or supersized around now. I don't know what's going on with them. I ordered the construction of a tunnel to the site of the Mug. Those who fell would want us to finish it, and we can't let them down. People have a lot of ideas about what to do with the Mug once it's complete. Unfortunately I have no idea what I'm doing.

Some migrants arrived on the 22nd. Nobody particulary notable, but we can always use more people. At the end of the month, I went down to watch the cavern fish. I noted a stain of ghoul blood on the wall and silently begged for no more disasters for a few days.

Vodorov dove into the lake and swam out of sight. Overall, this month went rather...poorly.

My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 11, 2017, 03:45:52 am »

Bullfangos are really rotten luck all around. They're a pokemon aren't they?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #202 on: February 11, 2017, 05:18:30 am »

Bullfangos are really rotten luck all around. They're a pokemon aren't they?
Nah, they're from Monster Hunter.

Also damn, quite a lot has happened. I request a redorfing as ZM5 the II.

I have a really bad feeling about that forgotten beast. Just on top of a Bernie clone trying to snatch our kids and boar monsters killing people every few months.

That's something I never expected to say.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 11, 2017, 09:03:52 pm »

Are you "dorfing"?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 11, 2017, 09:07:51 pm »

Are you "dorfing"?
Sure. Anything specific you'd like?

Also, did you want anything in particular for your replacement, ZM5?
My mods and forum games.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 11, 2017, 09:51:48 pm »

Sure. Anything specific you'd like?
What are the races?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 11, 2017, 10:07:45 pm »

Various Undertale creatures.

Judging from the raws, the full list is:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
My mods and forum games.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 11, 2017, 10:26:19 pm »

A lizard.
Let me fight for my fortress!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 12, 2017, 12:21:13 am »

I'm letting people go back outside. The tunnel was blocked by an aquafier.

We're woefully unprepared for battle. Anyone who wanted to could probably take this place out simply by knowing how their weapons work. Our best bet right now is probably just hiding out in the fort and waiting 30 seconds for this place to take care of them for us.

There was a little bit of a fire by the Mug. A fire monster briefly lost control or something, but nothing came of that. Everyone worked to clean up the fallen items and return to building the Mug. The bulls attacked again. One bulldrome attacked the main force of Mug workers. This time however, the droids and war creatures were present so things went much better for our side.

However, while everyone was working on that a bullfango killed an isolated herbalist, and the militiamonster sent to kill it. However, it then ran away.

Some slight progress on the Mug was made, though some parts are coated with vomit now. Two bullfangos are patrolling around the construction site. We'll have to be careful. Five monsters have been missing for a week. I wonder if they're bullfango related deaths, or some other cause. Must be easy to be a murderer here. You could leave corpses lying around in the open and nobody would find it unusual. I set slab production to be on repeat. We don't want a grave shortage.

A bird monster trapped themselves atop the rim of the Mug. I called for a ramp to save them.

Down in the caverns, Vodorov was sighted still swimming around the caverns. Feral ghouls and zubats are also promiently visible at the moment. The ronto calf starved to death. I'll have to make a pasture for the remaining herbivores so this doesn't happen again.

This room seems large enough, and I don't see anything important here. I sent most of the animals who seem to need grass there. A feral ghoul scaled the walls of the caverns and got into the fort through a hole in the floor. It attacked several monsters.

A lizard monster named Asin approached me and asked to be sent after the creature. I've never had someone ask to join the militia before. I rewarded his suicidal loyalty with his own squad. It's just him right now. I'll see what I can make of him. I told him to grab a sword and the incineroar and go kill that ghoul. I also sent the usual "squad". Usually it's just a mob with badges.

The ghoul initially attacked a trader, but a weaver named Dyne drew it away. He was clawed many times for his efforts, but eventually got away. However, while the militia was still running in, a hapless blacksmith wandered in and got hurt. Ultimately, a brownie child walking by had his drink interrupted by the ghoul. After a brutal struggle, the brownie beat the ghoul to death with his bare hands. I'll have a grate put over the hole so this doesn't happen again.

For some reason that bird won't get off the Mug. I built him stairs, but he didn't take them.

The bullfangos are finally gone. In their place, a herd of wooly rhinos has arrived.

I'll admit I'm kind of wary of horned, hairy megafauna right now. I hope these aren't aggressive. For some reason Asin was horrified at one point when he wandered by the corpse dump. I don't why, it's the same heap of dead bodies, limbs, and assorted bits that its always been.

I noticed the monsters laid the droid to rest right next to the bulldrome it died fighting. That's nice of them. A good amount of progress was made this month on the Mug. There's another small fire outside, but I don't think it's anything to worry about.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 11:38:49 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #209 on: February 12, 2017, 09:06:25 am »

Also, did you want anything in particular for your replacement, ZM5?
Nah, anything is fine.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18