Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Player race?

Dwarves: Classic, with access to weapons no other civ does, as well as steel and stuff, as well as evil creatures and golems.
- 2 (22.2%)
Toads: Peace-loving, can tame good creatures (Like yoshis), but not as powerful naturally
- 4 (44.4%)
Koopas: Rigid, militaristic, can use evil creatures, steel, and special suits of shell armor. Can have spell-slinging magikoopas
- 1 (11.1%)
Shy Guys: Nothing special, they master tasks in just a few seasons, but they rust just as fast.
- 0 (0%)
Jawas: Have access to any pet race (Not counting good or evil I think), and they have star wars weaponry, obviously.
- 2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18

Author Topic: Borechanced; Mods Unleashed  (Read 35024 times)

Sponge

• Bay Watcher
  • I like wearing shoes on both of my feet.
    • View Profile
Re: Borechanced; Mods Unleashed
« Reply #210 on: February 12, 2017, 01:26:07 pm »

What's our official list of citizens? Seems like we've lost a lot of monsters...
I like wearing shoes on both of my feet.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 12, 2017, 01:34:51 pm »

Well, I got my own squad!

Woot!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 12, 2017, 10:46:38 pm »

A rabbit monster asked to be known as ZM5 II in honor of our first fallen overseer. Sure, whatever they want.

I found that the reason the bird didn't take the stairs was that they weren't finished yet. Somehow, they got down anyway. This has been a thankfully uneventful month. The rhinos entered the construction site on the 15th, but didn't interfere. That's a relief.

Undyne the glassmaker withdrew from society. I wonder what she'll make. That chespin who had its spine broken by the giant undead finally evolved into a quilladin. As a consequence, its spine was healed and it can finally walk again.

Limestone began well like Galena before it. No disturbances, and a doogan bard named Crazewheels joined us. Mayor Whim complained about his miniforges not getting done. Mayor, we had slightly bigger issues for the past couple months.

The war litten finally died on the 11th. The litten got into a fight with a tame Charmeleon and was defeated. The two fire pokemons' battle created a funeral pyre for the litten that lasted days.

Whim demanded a hatch cover. We already have hatch covers, so that's a fine and decent order to give. Full points, Mr.Mayor. The bullfangos returned, but they seem to be keeping away from us. However, some migrants arrived and were attacked. However, a few good punches and bullet patterns drove it away.

With two uneventful months in a row, stage one of the Ultimate Mug's construction was completed. I'll order the corners finished, add a door by popular demand, and begin raising the sides and adding the handle. Overall, Galena and Limestone were easily the most peaceful months of my term so far and a welcome reprieve. May there be many more like them.

Sandstone began with a massive forest fire.

At the same time, there was a disturbance inside. Undyne did not finish any artifacts in her strange mood. She instead chose to go insane.

Many trees fell and a monster went missing. Looks like Sandstone's a real return to form. As the flames raged over the region and consumed all plant matter, a herd of bullfangos entered the mug.

Thankfully, nobody was around to be hurt. The constant battering of falling trees caused structural damage within the fort. Ice and mud is scattered all over the memorial hall.

I sent Kyubee to dig out a new entrance and searched the fort for other damaged sections. Somehow the fire got past our walls and into the stockpiles again.

A ghost appeared in our surface area. Woden the herbalist was attacked by a bullfango outside. It didn't even kill him. Just ripped his feet and his arm off and walked away. More slabs for the graveyard dealt with our current ghost issue. Thankfully, some cave mushroom spawn turned up. We should have enough food for some time. I discovered a fire monster sealed into a wall by fallen ice. She was dug out soon enough, although she was in there for a long time. A ghost tore Garris's guts up outside the memorial hall. That needs to be fixed.

I've had enough of our military just being some untrained people with weapons. I gave Asin a barracks and told him to train me some soldiers. None of us know anything about combat, but I hope it works out. Timber has begun, and winter is coming. Most of my term is up, and a good number of people are still alive!

« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 09:04:45 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #213 on: February 13, 2017, 01:22:32 am »

A ghost tore Garris's guts up outside the memorial hall. That needs to be fixed.

That's a pretty big understatement.

Can't wait to see how winter goes. How much exported wealth do we have?

Sponge

• Bay Watcher
  • I like wearing shoes on both of my feet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 13, 2017, 04:21:20 pm »

Not going to lie, I expected us to have a lot less monsters with all the fires and... dangerous wildlife.
I like wearing shoes on both of my feet.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 13, 2017, 07:19:50 pm »

Timber, 107

The dead droid was bothering people, so I had it buried on the 1st.

I also reorganized the military to just be Asin's troops, but with actual training this time. I want the troops to use lightsabers, but the one we have weighs nearly 30 pounds, slowing most users too much. My plan is to buy a whole collection of the things from the Sith when they arrive. Hopefully the squad won't be needed soon. We've exported 22,689 wealth so far.

The squad will need to be ready soon. Sadly, a miner died in a bullfango attack outside the Mug.

A bunch of bards joined us. Lots of bards are showing up in general. Plenty of bards.

Various warriors and non-resident bards also showed up to visit our famous tavern. The Mug's initial walls are finally done, now I'm starting on the handle and height.

There's been issues with people walling themselves in up top. That'll slow down the work. I've considered building a zoo. The only problem is that I don't want to stop wandering animals from solving our problems. Eh, I'll do it anyway. We've got some spare mynocks and droids around at least. I'll see what the Sith have to offer as well. Finally dealt with that innard-scrambling ghost. Too bad we couldn't recruit it.

As the Bard Horde continued to pour in, we got another request for membership.

Yeah, this seems like a reasonable request thankyousomuchweweregoingtodie.

Eric is furious, and was storming around the place in a rage for a while. Poor guy. I'll set up an office for him. A Temmie clothier is apparently in a strange mood. I had a silver clothier's shop built for her. Honestly, with them it's hard to tell. I'm also having temporary stairs set up around the mug to help with construction.

The days are getting shorter. I don't know if it's the bards, but it seems worthy of a song.

Have a holly jolly winter
It's the worst time of the year
Well, I know there'll be sanguine snow,
But have a giant mug of cheer.

And when you walk down the street
Say hello to bullfangos you know
And everything you meet.

Ho ho, the corpse dump
Out where you can see
Somebody waits for you
Flames in every tree!

And in case you didn't hear
Oh, by golly have a holly jolly winter
This year!!!

« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 09:07:16 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #216 on: February 14, 2017, 12:43:38 am »

Hey, I have an idea: start a fire pokemon breeding program, using them for food, leather, and war.  Monsters are fireproof, so if all your clothes and food are as well, you have nothing to fear from fire and can use it to burn enemies without repercussions.

Embrace the flame :)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 14, 2017, 01:23:22 am »

Not many new ways this could go horribly wrong. What was I tantrumming about anyway?

I would humbly suggest moving the food stockpiles to a lower level. One made of stone. Where they don't go up in flames every couple weeks. :P

Oh, and am I on the turn list for another go? I would certainly like to be.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #218 on: February 14, 2017, 06:05:08 am »

Not many new ways this could go horribly wrong. What was I tantrumming about anyway?

I would humbly suggest moving the food stockpiles to a lower level. One made of stone. Where they don't go up in flames every couple weeks. :P

Oh, and am I on the turn list for another go? I would certainly like to be.
Alright, I updated the turnlist.

While right now, there aren't a lot of ways things can go really bad aside from the usual "bullfangos killing people", I'm wondering how bad things will get once we have enough exported wealth to attract sieges and megabeasts. Good luck to anyone who'll get that turn.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 14, 2017, 05:08:27 pm »

I think you were just upset about how awful your life is. I'll see what I can do about the food stockpiles.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 05:41:02 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 15, 2017, 12:04:24 am »

Moonstone, 107

Eric suggested I move the food stockpile somewhere where it isn't on fire every other day. I sent the miners to seek such a place. I also ordered that the walls of the tavern be prepared for engravings. Since there seems to be trouble getting anyone to make Eric's throne for his office, I assigned him a personal seat in the tavern. We got an unusual visitor on the 3rd.

Training for the troops is continuing, slowly but steadily. The few decent warriors we have and the Wookiee are teaching innovative new surface world techniques.

The Temmie finally finished her project, creating an artifact bandana. She's a legendary weaver now. We'll be well dressed piles of dust at least.

The outpost liason is finally here. Hopefully we don't have to explain why all the food is being moved to the basement. It's not my fault. The foreign traders were attacked by bullfangos, but drove them away. The trader says our efforts are legendary back home. Cautionary legends, I assume. I bought some animals, beer, weapons, and a barrel of pure evolution. I traded some crafts for them.

While looking at the crafts and new engravings, I noticed that our artists seem to like the idea of battle droids shooting or killing goblins. We don't have much artwork, but it's probably the most common recurring theme.

The Outpost Liason finally got his meeting with Mayor Whim, and told us the news from the outside world.

That bad, huh? I wasn't sure what to get, so I asked for cave mushroom and plump helmet seeds, AT-RT walkers, and milk next year. My zoo is coming together quickly. It officially opened today with its first resident, a mynock. I'll catch some more animals and the like to put in there soon. The Sith arrived, from them I bought a basilisk, a couple other animals, and several lightsabers. I hope putting up a basilisk for public viewing will be safe. I'll get the lightsabers to the squad ASAP. Asin will take this one.

There's been a disturbance down in the tavern.

We may have a problem. I suspect it was one of the Bard Horde. Given the unusual circumstances of the Wookiee's flesh-corpse, I told the carpenters to build a casket for a foreign-style burial.

Outside, a pair of our war galvantuas found and chewed up a bullfango. However, they couldn't finish it off, and it eventually killed one with a lucky kick and got up to attack a nearby civilian who decided to get involved. I decided to deploy the squad for their first real test. Our Wookiee reached the site first. The final result was extremely satisfactory.

However, she got gored lightly in the arm during the battle and decided to go to the hospital. Another bullfango was chased down and killed by the squad and merchants combined. A minor brawl broke out between one of the monster guards and a Sith merchant, but it fortunately ended without bloodshed after the Sith pummeled the monster.

Well, that's the end of the month. Here's an update on the Ultimate Mug. Scaffolding is going up to help with construction. There's also a Moroi living on the side now.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 12:11:03 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels Programming: Went insane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 15, 2017, 03:24:04 am »

a barrel of pure evolution.
Unless you can find out what it evolves, it's kinda pointless to buy. It's not meant to be extractable (and thus purchasable) in the first place but apparently secretion causes it to be regardless.
Dwarvemon Mod (For all your Pokemon needs)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #222 on: February 15, 2017, 04:33:16 am »

I'd guess the Moroi is responsible for the blood-sucking, AFAIK they're vampiric.

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 15, 2017, 05:10:55 pm »

Sorry I was gone so long D: First my town started flooding then I had to work on moving
My mod: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=176501.0
The litten is wandering around the dump now, occasionally exploding.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 15, 2017, 10:08:27 pm »

A true dwarf fortress weekend, eh? :P
Good to see you survived at least
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18